Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:42:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoin lottery  (Read 2013 times)
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:02:16 PM

Once the countdown goes to 0. The Satoshi's phantom will randomly choose the 1st, 2th and 3th place, sending the 60%, 15% and 5% of the collected funds respectively.

20% house edge? Are you serious?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr.ebola (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:18:30 AM

Hi Ebola,

I love your domain name, and you have a really slick website. I got my ticket (5377cef..), wish me luck!

The game is provably fair by using an external API from random.org and publishing the digital signature provided by the same website

While I have no doubt you aren't cheating, it would've been extremely easy for you to do so. Random.org says the results you generated were the 321st in the series. How do we know that you didn't keep calling random.org, throwing away the bad results until you found one favorable to yourself? You absolutely must published your method *ahead of time*, including  what the sequence number we should expect, then at we don't need to worrying about you hand picking results (and instead only worry if random.org is cheating).

Is there any particular reason you generated the numbers with replacement, I would think this is unideal for a lottery with 3 prizes -- especially as you haven't clarified what happens if someone wins two prizes.

But to truly allow us to verify the results, you're going to have to releasing a script that can give generate the lottery tick numbers and their respective address.

Also being forced to pay from only a single sending address seems unfair and exposes too much technical detail on the user -- something along the lines of "return to first sending address" is much fairer (or use check what other on chain gambling sites do). And only allowing people to buy a single ticket seems counter productive Cheesy

Hey man,
I did that much random API calls because of development, as you can see the php class doesn't have the method for signed integers http://pew.bz/xG , so I did and test it.

public function generateSignedIntegers($numNumbers, $numMin, $numMax, $boolReplacement = true, $numBase = 10)
    {
        $arrParams = array();
        $arrParams['apiKey'] = $this->strApiKey;
        $arrParams['n'] = $numNumbers;
        $arrParams['min'] = $numMin;
        $arrParams['max'] = $numMax;
        $arrParams['replacement'] = $boolReplacement;
        $arrParams['base'] = $numBase;
        $arrResponse = $this->call('generateSignedIntegers', $arrParams);

if (isset($arrResponse['error']['message'])) {
            throw new Exception($arrResponse['error']['message']);
        }

$arrReturn = array();
        if (isset($arrResponse['result']['random']['data'])) {
            $arrReturn =$arrResponse['result'];
        }

return $arrReturn;
    }

I will generate another api key to avoid this issue to happen again and use the old api key for testing if I need it.

Thanks for your comments.

And Good luck www.satoshiraffle.com

altcoinlady

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

Once the countdown goes to 0. The Satoshi's phantom will randomly choose the 1st, 2th and 3th place, sending the 60%, 15% and 5% of the collected funds respectively.

20% house edge? Are you serious?

Is this one serious? Are you serious?  Come on now..

Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:51:42 AM

The lottery idea is good, and your site looks great as well.
But the way the raffle pot distributed is stated differently in the OP (60%, 15%, 5%) and in your site (60%, 20%, 15%). So which one is correct?

espringe

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:24:18 PM

I will generate another api key to avoid this issue to happen again and use the old api key for testing if I need it.

That still doesn't help (you could generate 1000 api keys, and use the one with the best result).  You need to tell us exactly ahead of time what you're going to do, and what to expect. And we also need to be able to reproduce how you come up with the ticket assignments =D

You basically need to keep thinking of ways you can cheat, and then making it impossible for you to do so without being detected. Only when you get that far, do you have provable fairness
mr.ebola (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:30:38 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:49:09 AM by mr.ebola

But the way the raffle pot distributed is stated differently in the OP (60%, 15%, 5%) and in your site (60%, 20%, 15%). So which one is correct?

IMPORTANT: ** Prizes were changed from 60% 20% 15% to 60% 20% 18%

http://satoshiraffle.com/ Is the bitcoin lottery.
There are 3 winning places, if you are one of them the funds will be sent to the address who bought the winner ticket.

Once the countdown goes to 0. The prizes will randomly choose and will send to the 1st, 2th and 3th place the 60%, 20% and 18% of the collected funds respectively.
The prizes selection is assign by random.org and you will be able to validate the results with the signature generated by their system.

I hope you guys like it and good luck!
Mr. Ébola
mr.ebola (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:00:02 AM

SatoshiRaffle.com
September 15th winners !

http://satoshiraffle.com/hall-of-fame/2-OCT15/

1st place won 19ZRRQSYfJmvGN4gSTaUqkW8RNMSRyP9Bo Prize: 0.08406001 BTC | $33.68 USD

2nd place won 1DxXANrQ1LmqXkKnFyGq37ag7iTopTcrcH Prize: 0.02802000 BTC | $11.23 USD

3th place won 168ALf8Y8vgNUJ9fzriTTxzjxqnznh5JWE Prize: 0.02521800 BTC | $10.1 USD

Thanks for playing and good luck!
camouflage

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

Yeah... I agree. Maybe make it more clearer so that there will be no confusion on the players playing in the site.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: