Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Mintsy.co Thread **150% more SHA hashing for the same price RETRO!**  (Read 10231 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ml73

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:15:23 AM

Withdrawal problem is now fixed. I have to say that support is fast and very good in Mintsy  Smiley

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:01:07 PM

Withdrawal problem is now fixed. I have to say that support is fast and very good in Mintsy  Smiley

Glad to hear it the staff is eager to handle issues swiftly. Problem with Beta's is occasionally they don't yet have a tool to accomplish that so patience in these early stages is appreciated.
r0ger_l

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:10:59 AM

do you have a beta user thread going for bug reports?  I have found a few glitches and some work arounds.  For instance, splitting hash rate between minsty pools on SHA seems to work fine for my rigs, but adding an external pool seems to throw it into 100% rejects.  Same external pool will work fine if you point 100% to it.  Also many times when do that, it will hang and not work getting all rejects.  I have found that restart cgminer on the rig fixes it, and the problem looks like 10.1K diff and all discarded on the rig side.  After restart the diff will go to more normal size like 1.1k on my S5's and hashing will resume..  I also catch it on rentals who rent my rig.  They try either a non working pool or to split it in a way that puts it in this state.  If i do not catch it they can be stuck for hours with zero hashing, restarting cgminer for them fixes. 

Solo mining pools also have very hard time if put into a split hash rate, but seem to work ok at 100%.  Terraminer rigs seem to work only on mintsy pools, and will not hash on external pool if split or not. 

And also I would really like to know if and when rental payments will be released, or what exactly is happening with that?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:51:24 PM

Hi - so I love the concept of being able to split up your hash into different pools, but I'm trying to figure out how this is being done.

Is it more of a "round-robin" setup? -- as I'm not aware of any way to take 100Mh/s of Scrypt hash and just divide it up equally.

Would love to hear more about this unique feature!

The hash is actually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

You should probably think of a better way to describe this before anyone figures out it's misrepresenting what's happening. You can delete this post once you read it (or ask me to and I will, I'm not talking shit), but that's my suggestion. Good luck

hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:13:32 PM

Hi - so I love the concept of being able to split up your hash into different pools, but I'm trying to figure out how this is being done.

Is it more of a "round-robin" setup? -- as I'm not aware of any way to take 100Mh/s of Scrypt hash and just divide it up equally.

The hash is actually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

You should probably think of a better way to describe this before anyone figures out it's misrepresenting what's happening. You can delete this post once you read it (or ask me to and I will, I'm not talking shit), but that's my suggestion. Good luck

Yes - this I agree with as well.  You need to explain it differently -- because this is a mis-representation.  I will delete this post as well - once you have changed your description.

Thanks!

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:35:28 PM

Changed the description of how the hashrate is split. End results are the same.
MattSmith

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:53:28 PM

do you have a beta user thread going for bug reports?  I have found a few glitches and some work arounds.  For instance, splitting hash rate between minsty pools on SHA seems to work fine for my rigs, but adding an external pool seems to throw it into 100% rejects.  Same external pool will work fine if you point 100% to it.  Also many times when do that, it will hang and not work getting all rejects.  I have found that restart cgminer on the rig fixes it, and the problem looks like 10.1K diff and all discarded on the rig side.  After restart the diff will go to more normal size like 1.1k on my S5's and hashing will resume..  I also catch it on rentals who rent my rig.  They try either a non working pool or to split it in a way that puts it in this state.  If i do not catch it they can be stuck for hours with zero hashing, restarting cgminer for them fixes. 

Solo mining pools also have very hard time if put into a split hash rate, but seem to work ok at 100%.  Terraminer rigs seem to work only on mintsy pools, and will not hash on external pool if split or not. 

And also I would really like to know if and when rental payments will be released, or what exactly is happening with that?

Hey roger! I'm the dev for the backend of Mintsy here, loved your input on the diff and issues you're having. We're away of the dropoffs and have been getting them a lot on our side of things with the contracts. Have been trying to figure out why its been happening and its been hard because I dont have access to the contract rigs. Going to get Paul to make the vardiff changes on the pool and would love to hear continued feedback from you since you provide awesome detail on these things.

Rental payments will go going out real quick here, the guy writing that stuff is writing up an escrow feature and testing it right now. Users only pay for what they actually get.
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:26:37 PM

The hash is virtually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

Virtually split?  So - is this a form of cloud mining?  A person's machine's hash is sent to your pool and you use that to mine whatever you want.  Meanwhile you "cloud" mine the other coins that the person has selected.  But in the end -- the user's machines are not actually mining these coins themselves?

MattSmith

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:38:03 PM

The hash is virtually split between coins. The how is proprietary.

Virtually split?  So - is this a form of cloud mining?  A person's machine's hash is sent to your pool and you use that to mine whatever you want.  Meanwhile you "cloud" mine the other coins that the person has selected.  But in the end -- the user's machines are not actually mining these coins themselves?

Their machine does directly mine what they want it too. We split up the hashrate based on simple math. MHS is defined as megahashes per second. We split these hashes up in a different manner, as BitJohn had stated before, this is proprietary. Their machine does directly mine whatever they choose, and our cloud mining solution (our contracts) does the same. It mines directly what you choose it too using the same proprietary knowledge.
r0ger_l

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:34:25 PM

Hey roger! I'm the dev for the backend of Mintsy here, loved your input on the diff and issues you're having. We're away of the dropoffs and have been getting them a lot on our side of things with the contracts. Have been trying to figure out why its been happening and its been hard because I dont have access to the contract rigs. Going to get Paul to make the vardiff changes on the pool and would love to hear continued feedback from you since you provide awesome detail on these things.

Rental payments will go going out real quick here, the guy writing that stuff is writing up an escrow feature and testing it right now. Users only pay for what they actually get.

Thanks for the reply Matt.  I think this issue has something to do with the way stratum works.  I might be way off here, but I might see this problem happen in a different way and always has on every pool.  If a pool lets you set a min diff on the pool side and you try something very large like 4k on a slow rig and then decide you want to lower it, or even just let it auto determine the diff, so you change it back, on the pool side, it will always stay stuck on the higher diff even 24hrs later if I check the rig and look at what its getting.  It is like it can not go backwards for some reason, and you have to reconnect to the pool to fix it.  Restart cgminer fixes or even just pulling internet for a few seconds.

You might want to try just dropping the connection and reconnecting, as starting over seems to fix it, if it is indeed a problem with diff being stuck way to high.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 11:42:37 PM

Changed the description of how the hashrate is split. End results are the same.

Perfect

r0ger_l

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:47:22 AM

messed around with some LKTEC 1TH dragon miners, could not get them to connect to mintsy.  Finally noticed you must add the stratum+tcp:// in front of the URL in pool field.  On ant S5 you do not, as it adds that to front of every url by default.
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:23:47 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 08:38:26 AM by cloh76

I augment my physical miners by investing in cloud mining and am considering purchasing mining contracts from Mintsy - I have always found Cryptsy to be trustworthy, so that trust automatically applies to Mintsy (hard to find good cloud mining these days without them turning into scams)

My question when I look at your available SHA-256 contracts is why I should purchase... Reason I ask is because if I calculate based on the duration of the contracts available, I will never ROI or even earn 50% of my investment before the contracts expire.  Do you offer, or will you eventually offer lifetime contracts? Or will i be purchasing hoping/expecting that the BTC price will eventually recover and/or appreciate so that the coins I do mine are worth enough to at least cover the value of the contract price?

The selling point that sets Mintsy apart from other cloud mining is the ability to direct the hashing power to external pools.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
fruitcake

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:04:48 AM

so i decided to try it out and bought a scrypt contract, this is the result. note : this hashrate is not from my own miner, but from their contract rigs.

needless to say im a bit apprehensive about buying any more.

http://iforce.co.nz/i/au0lsurr.c5v.jpg
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:27:45 PM

so i decided to try it out and bought a scrypt contract, this is the result. note : this hashrate is not from my own miner, but from their contract rigs.

needless to say im a bit apprehensive about buying any more.

I bought one too Wink as its in invite only Beta expect a few glitches here and there.
mez

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:28:13 PM

Don't rent out your riggs on Mintsy.
They do not pay you!
Atleast that's what happening to me!

I'm still waiting for payments for the riggs i rented out.
dating back all the way to 2015-03-09
All i'm getting from support is we are working on it...

Yeah right..

zdminer

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:12:02 PM

I also have pending rental payout from 12 days ago and still nothing. I submitted a ticket and they told me they will be doing manual payouts.
I have total 0.2BTC in pending status. This looks like a scam to me!!!

This is their reply from 10 day ago:

Hi Tk*****,

I do apologize for the delay, currently rig rental payouts are done manually and should start processing today. Also these should be switching to automatic payments shortly as well. Thank you for your patience.

Ticket: https://mintsy.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/822

Sincerely,
Mark
Mintsy Support

zdminer

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:29:01 PM

I also have pending rental payout from 12 days ago and still nothing. I submitted a ticket and they told me they will be doing manual payouts.
I have total 0.2BTC in pending status. This looks like a scam to me!!!

This is their reply from 10 day ago:

Hi Tk*****,

I do apologize for the delay, currently rig rental payouts are done manually and should start processing today. Also these should be switching to automatic payments shortly as well. Thank you for your patience.

Ticket: https://mintsy.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/822

Sincerely,
Mark
Mintsy Support

Today I have been payed  Grin, it took 14 days but everything is ok now
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:39:33 PM

Don't rent out your riggs on Mintsy.
They do not pay you!
Atleast that's what happening to me!

I'm still waiting for payments for the riggs i rented out.
dating back all the way to 2015-03-09
All i'm getting from support is we are working on it...

Yeah right..
Did you get paid as well? If not PM me. I know I have said it a few times, but the site is still very early invite only Beta. So what does that mean?
1. Your doing us an all future users a huge favor in helping us finalize the production version!
2. Things definitely will not always work quite as expected, but your feedback is what will make it great.
3. Your going to get paid...The hard part is making sure it all works not only quickly but securely.

Again thanks to all of you who are Beta testing with us!
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:49:33 AM

I did the "today" math on the 100MH's of Scrypt contract for 6 months $949

So Fastcoin on http://www.coinwarz.com was going for an estimated $9.52 a day return
30 days (1 Month) = $285.6
6 Months = $1713.6

So if you were able to maintain the profitability by switching coins (which Mintsy contracts let you mine external pools so you could.) You would get a 75% return at the current rate over 6 months.

Realizing you will likely do a bit worse, or possibly better. It seems to be a decent investment with very little maintenance, and upkeep on your part (no heat, power bill, broken equipment etc.)

The SHA contracts are competitive with the competition. At this time SHA is an expensive power hog, and currently would be difficult to make ROI at "today" prices and diff. Savy miners will make a return utilizing the hash power to mine SHA alts and taking advantage of opportunities that arise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: