Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Mintsy.co Thread **150% more SHA hashing for the same price RETRO!**  (Read 10231 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kepasa
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:57:47 AM

Why my mining contract do not mine?

Days of the contract continues to decrease and not of mining. When my mining contract start mining?

Ticket: https://mintsy.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/1337

Sincerely,
Sergey
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InceptionCoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:25:56 PM

What is the minimal bitcoin price where you power off your cloudmining?

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
ml73

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:23:42 PM

Days of the contract continues to decrease and not of mining. When my mining contract start mining?

Sincerely,
Sergey

Mine last payout from mintsy:

BTC   Payout   0.00118576   2015-03-30 @ 02:30:05   Huh  Huh

frazier34567

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:50:08 PM

That does not surprise me.  If you look at the pool it says it averages 2.2 BTC a day. and with 25 per block it takes about 11 days to hit a block.  The is PPLNB so it looks at your actually shares submitted over the past 5 blocks.  It does not pay you until it hits a block and it matures. 
frazier34567

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:56:19 PM

Anyone else having issues with delayed start on miner rentals?

This is the second time my rig has been rented and both times there was a 5 minute low hash start. On a 24 hour one I dont worry as much but a 3 hour rental it is hard to make that up.

Kepasa
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:06:26 PM

Sincerely,
Sergey

Resolved...
 Change a pool- and all works.
Kepasa
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:08:30 AM

Do you plan a referral program? If yes, how much is the percentage of referral fees?
Willing to participate in testing and attracting referrals to the project.
Where to get a referral link?
lascar

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:51:56 AM

I've got a question around the approximate expected contracts' return on investment. I'm getting a little confused with how hashing power units are used interchangeably within some of these contracts (MH/s, kH/s, GH/s etc...)

For instance, if we all agree 1 MH/s = 1,000 kH/s, then a 28,000 MH/s Scrypt contract would equate to 28,000,000 kH/s. Now, using a number of different litecoin mining calculators, 28,000,000 kH/s would generate approximately 672LTC per day which as much as I'd like to think it's true, it sounds way too over inflated for the small 0.026BTC required investment for such contract.

Am I missing something out here within my calculations? Apologies in advance if the answer is very straight forward.

Thanks
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:38:36 AM

I've got a question around the approximate expected contracts' return on investment. I'm getting a little confused with how hashing power units are used interchangeably within some of these contracts (MH/s, kH/s, GH/s etc...)

For instance, if we all agree 1 MH/s = 1,000 kH/s, then a 28,000 MH/s Scrypt contract would equate to 28,000,000 kH/s. Now, using a number of different litecoin mining calculators, 28,000,000 kH/s would generate approximately 672LTC per day which as much as I'd like to think it's true, it sounds way too over inflated for the small 0.026BTC required investment for such contract.

Am I missing something out here within my calculations? Apologies in advance if the answer is very straight forward.

Thanks

Well 28,000 MH/s would generate something like that but that is a ton of hashing power.
peachesgirl

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:17:29 AM

Hello BitJohn!

My sha contract with digital mintsy is useless as will not recover much b4 expiry. Can u give me some options
of external pooly which r more profitable and how to change it on the platform.

Thank U
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:57:38 PM

Hello BitJohn!

My sha contract with digital mintsy is useless as will not recover much b4 expiry. Can u give me some options
of external pooly which r more profitable and how to change it on the platform.

Thank U

Setup is pretty easy just choose the external pool option. I would try something like Multipool.us which will jump onto a few SHA alt coins. Though your correct most SHA contracts are hard to make ROI at current prices. Though if your smart and the price rebounds the investment might work out.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 07:08:08 PM

I've got a question regarding pointing my own gear here.  I have 6 S3s that are updated with the latest firmware and xnsub patched cgminer binaries.  My primary pool is MRR, secondary is mintsy.co.  On MRR, I have configured my miners to point to mintsy.co when they are not rented.

They absolutely refuse to connect and hash here when they are not rented on MRR.  However, if I just set them to mine here directly (by changing up the pool config in the S3 configuration), they work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

S3 -> MRR -> mintsy = fail
S3 -> mintsy = success

Do I need to I cannot put the #xnsub in the URL in my MRR pool config like this:

I've got it directly in the S3 config...

Maybe that's what I'm missing?  Unfortunately I can't test yet because my gear is currently rented on MRR...

By the way, the 3 month SHA256 contract I purchased is doing just fine... makes me keep my eyes on the alt coins... maybe I'll spread some of it to the other coins and see if I can get some good trade prices on cryptsy...

EDIT: MRR does not allow you to put the #xnsub in the pool config... it throws an error when you try to save the pool configuration

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:03:18 PM

I've got a question regarding pointing my own gear here.  I have 6 S3s that are updated with the latest firmware and xnsub patched cgminer binaries.  My primary pool is MRR, secondary is mintsy.co.  On MRR, I have configured my miners to point to mintsy.co when they are not rented.

They absolutely refuse to connect and hash here when they are not rented on MRR.  However, if I just set them to mine here directly (by changing up the pool config in the S3 configuration), they work fine.

S3 -> mintsy = success

Do I need to I cannot put the #xnsub in the URL in my MRR pool config like this:

Maybe that's what I'm missing?  Unfortunately I can't test yet because my gear is currently rented on MRR...

By the way, the 3 month SHA256 contract I purchased is doing just fine... makes me keep my eyes on the alt coins... maybe I'll spread some of it to the other coins and see if I can get some good trade prices on cryptsy...

EDIT: MRR does not allow you to put the #xnsub in the pool config... it throws an error when you try to save the pool configuration

Is MRR subscribing to extranonce? If not it will not work properly.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:56:30 PM

Sha-256 Contracts have been increased.  No Price changes.

If you had a 100 Gh/s contract before, it is now 250 Gh/s. If you had a 1 Th/s contract, it is now 2.5 Th/s.

We are also giving you credit for the time used on your old contract. 60% of the time you have already used in your existing contract will be appended to the expiration date of your contract.

This means if you have had your contract for 30 days already, then 18 more days will be added to the end of your contract to extend it's expiration date.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 05:00:03 PM

S3 -> mintsy = success

https://i.imgur.com/g8nc42k.png

https://i.imgur.com/Uzg5SLb.png

Is MRR subscribing to extranonce? If not it will not work properly.
Interesting question.  I assume they are since they advertise it and show it when your gear subscribes... see the screenshot of my rig on MRR:

My miners are all connected to MRR with the #xnsub parameter (as shown in my previous post's screenshot).  Here they are happily hashing away on my p2pool node:

I'll switch them to Mintsy... and I'll edit this post in about 30 minutes to show you what happens.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 05:38:31 PM

Here's what my stats look like on MRR now that I switched to Mintsy:

I think the most telling factor here is - and I don't have it in the screenshot - that the number of workers reported keeps changing.  I have 6 S3s pointed here.  Yet the number of workers changes from 6 to 3 to 2 to 5 to 1 to 3 etc.  I also notice that the miners are falling back to my backup pool (which happens to be my p2pool node).  So now when I look at stats, I see all kinds of weirdness.  My p2pool node goes from having about 1.5TH/s down to having 600GH/s depending I guess on whether or not the workers are showing up in MRR... the mintsy.co status page shows somewhere around 545GH/s total.  MRR shows anywhere between 0 and 100GH/s... weird, right?

When I switch my miners back to point at my p2pool node, MRR is all happy again... I get the 2.75TH/s.

ml73

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:25:30 PM

If you had a 100 Gh/s contract before, it is now 250 Gh/s. If you had a 1 Th/s contract, it is now 2.5 Th/s.

We are also giving you credit for the time used on your old contract. 60% of the time you have already used in your existing contract will be appended to the expiration date of your contract.

This means if you have had your contract for 30 days already, then 18 more days will be added to the end of your contract to extend it's expiration date.

Thank you very much   Grin

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:08:12 AM

I am guessing that made a bunch of folks day!
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 01:27:21 PM

Yeah, it was a very nice surprise!  Thanks for the boost Smiley

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:14:16 AM

Yeah, it was a very nice surprise!  Thanks for the boost Smiley

Our pleasure. I have updated the top of this thread with more screenshots and tidied up some areas.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: