Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCX Monero FUD: A Resume of the LIE (bitcoinexpress is a liar and fud queen)  (Read 2158 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:49:12 PM

now after BitcoinEXpress (BCX) claimed he could take down Monero and it would have no future -
I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

- answers of some of the most respected individuals in cryptocurrency have debunked his accusations and FUD spreading as a complete lie and 100% baseless (please note that jl777 is a scammer but because respected in the community I post his comment too)

Hahem am I the only one that think BCX's findings are worrisome?

Claiming to have something and providing evidence thereof are two different things.

If you have an exploit for a (genuine, not-scammy) FOSS project, not releasing it *at least* to the developers is unconscionable - you aren't hurting a corporation or a bunch of fat cats, you're hurting a small group of developers who work - unpaid - on a software development project for the presumed betterment of everyone. You're hurting altruists who are giving of themselves for little or no reward, but I guess there are people who are so ethically imbalanced that they don't even consider this.

At a minimum some technical details about it would be nice.

Are we affected of what ? He didn't say anything concrete. Atm it looks like classic FUD, because i can't see any other goal behind this post.

But still, it always possible to have flaws - with this post or without it, we should keep attention carefully.

yep, I think the same, I also find funny that the "coin killer" exploit harms Monero anonymity, sounds like the perfect FUD, either way I hope he will work with the dev team for a win win scenario, instead of more hate.
how it is possible for a locally encrypted wallet to be compromised is beyond me.
conveniently he says there is a workaround to this unlikely result that just happens to require losing the anonymity
however, it also seems unlikely that losing anonymity will solve any wallet stealing

without any specifics, this is artful FUD, especially with the "under the right conditions" part

It might almost be possible to prove that a local wallet cannot be stolen externally via the blockchain unless the encryption of the wallet is cracked and that the wallet contents are somehow able to be transferred to the attacker! I can see the theoretical possibility of unspent funds being spent without the wallet, which is what happened to XCP. Still for someone to be making such claims, he is either the top cryptonote dev in the world or it is FUD

There isnt an API call that allows the transmission of your wallet is there? Without this and also the ability to crack the encryption of the wallet, this is not very convincing FUD to me. It has nice tech terms to scare non-tech peoples, but unless his "right conditions" includes a computer that is infected with a keylogger the claims seem quite impossible. I await to be corrected with some actual specifics on even the theoretical method of wallet stealing that is possible without an already compromised computer. In that case, all coins, bitcoin included, are victim to the same exploit.

I know of an exploit for USD (or any currency) that allows all your accounts to be drained under the right conditions. Smiley

James

TL;DR:  There is no exploit, BCX has lied to dump the price and buy a position as a whale in Monero. What a low attempt and all credibility of the guy is lost now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

really wish we could ban this fkn trollwannabe

why can noobs create threads?  they should only be able to respond.  fkn loser
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:50:45 PM

really wish we could ban this BCX trollwannabe

TL;DR:  There is no exploit, BCX has lied to dump the price and buy a position as a whale in Monero. What a low attempt and all credibility of the guy is lost now
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

Moneroman88 is a fake shill actively trying to harm XMR by taunting whoever he can with the worst behavior imaginable. Don't get duped.
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:55:39 PM

Moneroman88 is a fake shill actively trying to harm XMR by taunting whoever he can with the worst behavior imaginable. Don't get duped.

You're a troll if you're supporting BCX in his FUD attempt to crash down Monero's price

Monero can't be crashed like this, it's delusional
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:56:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH

"...answers of some of the most respected individuals in cryptocurrency have debunked his accusations.."

"jl777 asset scammer EXPOSED . . . buy XMR instead (real future)" by Moneroman88

"Don't lose your hard earned money with this JLH crap guys. Monero doesn't need this jl777 asset scamming scheme...."
"Don't put your faith in JL777's asset scamming through NXT"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781323.0

The same guy you call a scammer in one post you call "some of the most respected individuals in cryptocurrency" in another.

Will you make up your mind...
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:57:21 PM

really wish we could ban this BCX trollwannabe

first of all lets set the record straight.  

BCX has the ego the size of Mt Rushmore and Alaska put together and likes to talk out of his ass.

Also - he's the fckn joker of destroying cryptos.  he has a wall FULL of trophies.  As in the joker from batman who likes to watch the world burn and knows how to set it on fire.  if anybody can destroy it he can.

So he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.  It sounded to me like he was more interested in destroying doge (or really anything that gets in the way of his 500K litecoin investment).

if he does have an exploit he'll save it for when monero or whatever cryptonote threatens litecoin.

tl;dr  Moneroman88 is an inbred dumbass neckbeard trollwannabe
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

The same guy you call a scammer in one post you call "some of the most respected individuals in cryptocurrency" in another.

Will you make up your mind...

you quoted just a part, troll Roll Eyes

- answers of some of the most respected individuals in cryptocurrency have debunked his accusations and FUD spreading as a complete lie and 100% baseless (please note that jl777 is a scammer but because respected in the community I post his comment too)

BCX has the ego the size of Mt Rushmore and Alaska put together and likes to talk out of his ass.

Also - he's the fckn joker of destroying cryptos.  he has a wall FULL of trophies.

Thank you for verifying that BCX is nothing but a huge moron!
Windoze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

Why would you call the guy a scammer and use his words to defend the coin in the same sentence? Also, why not just post this in a thread about the topic that already exists? Do you need a new topic every single time you want to say something?

Also, you forgot about everyone's favorite lone developer:

Are we affected of what ? He didn't say anything concrete. Atm it looks like classic FUD, because i can't see any other goal behind this post.

But still, every cryptocurrency has a possibility to have flaws - with his post or without, devs should always keep our eyes open. We do.

I think you're getting scared that your taunting will yield nothing.
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:58:57 PM

Wrong, you didn't read, it's all there. Stop the trolling, bitch.
Windoze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

Wrong, you didn't read, it's all there. Stop the trolling, bitch.

The community is tired of your antics. What ya gonna try next?

Maybe another press release? hah! Cheesy
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 01:02:49 AM

Some teeth are sharper than others

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: