Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:13:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OFFICIAL VOTE for Boolberry (BBR) Renaming/Rebranding!  (Read 4577 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
scruffy scruffington

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:23:22 AM

Rune is the best, like it.) I'm sure SEO is not a problem at all in this case, "rune" is not very competitive query.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:53:44 AM

Rune is the best from the available options.
spiler

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:05:20 AM

RUNE

bitboost  █ ▔▔▔▔▔▔ECOMMERCE REDEFINED▔▔▔▔▔▔ █  bitboost
Blockchain-based marketplace: Secure, Private, Fast and Reliable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬FacebookTwitterYouTubeSlack▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Framewood

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:45:42 AM

+1 for Rune
bitdraw

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:50:55 AM

rune.. with vortex close after
nongdanvoz

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:19:46 AM

However it's a broad term, ripple had purchasing power to secure ripple.com and associate the term ripple with their project, not sure the same could happen here, runescape is pretty well known

I think this is a very important point. You're not gonna get rune.com, and I doubt you will ever come up as the first result if someone searches for "rune" in google. All three options probably suffer from this same problem, except maybe secore (secore.com is not available and I imagine google will just autocorrect people to "secure"). For this reason I'll abstain from voting; I think this is a bad idea, given the options available.

Good point. Smiley However I think you might be underestimating the SEO skills of some of the people on our team. I personally have over 5 years in SEO experience and have ranked sites at the top of search engines with much more competitive terms than Rune, Secore, or Vortex.

If Rune gets choosen, it will eventually rank at the top of the search engines in my honest opinion.Smiley

Vote for RUNE
CryptoPiero

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:30:49 AM

None of these names sound good. If I have to choose between these, I'll go with Rune.
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:19:49 AM

Since we can't keep the BBR name I vote fro RUNE.
TeseracT

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:03:26 AM

Kinda mixed feelings, but I will go with Rune

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
carlb007

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:08:16 AM

I dont understand everyone wanting to go for Rune or Vortex as a name. Its like someone just came from playing a session of Mortal Kombat and decided to grab a few words out of the playing manual.

Im going to vote for "Secore"

- firstly because its the only name that looks like it was picked based on any actual substance, technical background or thought - and secondly because as something a little more abstract it cant be related or confused with anything else.

At least with Boolberry it was something interesting - the other 2 choice are just so drab i cant begin to express how shit i feel they are - absolutely zero relation to what the project is about and has ties to weird mythical/druid/time travel...great...
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:11:25 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 11:23:08 AM by darlidada

The three name you posted are even worse than boolberry.

If you want to change the name, at least ask the community about the name "Rings". It's the one that make the most sense. Though from what I understand, the problems seems SEO... But is it that big of a reason to avoid the best name for a CN coin?
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:26:31 PM

I am not sure if renaming coins is wise choice, you lose some knowing that was made in past. But from time i got to this forum, and learn of boolbery, everyone complain of its name.
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:32:34 PM

If you want to change the name, at least ask the community about the name "Rings". It's the one that make the most sense. Though from what I understand, the problems seems SEO... But is it that big of a reason to avoid the best name for a CN coin?

Truly rings beats all 3 available options. Even if you're a total newbie and got only superficial knowledge of CN coins it immediately reminds you of the ring signatures. Besides being explicitly linked to core cryptography of the coin it also sounds good. I feel like rings should have been among the options to vote for.
carlb007

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:36:46 PM

Truly rings beats all 3 available options. Even if you're a total newbie and got only superficial knowledge of CN coins it immediately reminds you of the ring signatures. Besides being explicitly linked to core cryptography of the coin it also sounds good. I feel like rings should have been among the options to vote for.

I think "RingSig" would make more sense from a SEO perspective allowing everyone to then use the terms "Rings" as shorthand.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

+1 Rune

I also agree with the previous posters who said "Ring" could be a good name as well.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 01:59:13 PM

Vortex includes the sense of both rings and mixing/obliterating.

However, I'm really coming around to Rune, which I think might just edge it.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:39:09 PM

Where/when was the poll that decided to change the name in the first place?

Oh, it never happened.

When/when did we decide to only consider these three godawful names?

Oh, that didn't happen either.

Let's delete dissenting posts and pretend that Rune isn't losing 2:1 against BBR in an uncensored, legitmate poll.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786564.msg8876295

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sonoIO

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:42:41 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 05:16:40 PM by sonoIO

Yesterday i was not too thrilled with Rune, but today i've been reading about its meaning and that's some powerful stuff! It is growing on me fast. I'm highly against Vortex, and Secore does sound unique but Rune has the ancient energy! If you think you can solve a search engine problem, count my vote and long live the Rune! Cheesy

EDIT: But still not sure if i wouldn't propose "Bazaarune" for voting... from BazaarNote! Rune for short  Grin
At least it would save the effort for new logo. Just to see how it sounds...
Bazaarune, The most advanced CryptoNote!  Cheesy
Bazaarune, The Rune for ppl!   Cheesy Cool Cheesy
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:59:58 PM

I dont understand everyone wanting to go for Rune or Vortex as a name. Its like someone just came from playing a session of Mortal Kombat and decided to grab a few words out of the playing manual.

Im going to vote for "Secore"

I'm not crazy about any of these new names, although I do think they are better than Boolberry, which was better suited as the name of a cereal.

Secore reminds me of Secor Laxatives (brand used in MadMen).

So out of what is left, I guess I'd choose Rune. Not great, but not completely ridiculous either.
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:34:05 PM

BRANDING is not a decision that should be based on voting, instead it should be based on a proffessional effor. Also proper research for these subjects never has the form of "please mister John Doe give us your opignion".

Anyway since you have decided to do it this way?

RUNE= Hideous self distructing choice.

VOTREX= good for a massive pump & dump coin

SECORE= The best of the lot, has an aura of Science Fiction and Near Future. I vote for this.

Also bring in an option to keep Boolb, its the fairest thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: