Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:57:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just remove signatures already. As in delete, disable, gone.  (Read 44825 times)
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:59:46 PM

I see way too many posts from people (especially bit-x people)

yes, bit-x and coinomat are 2 major campaigns, paying for useless plague here. I tried to report several times to their sig. managers, but they don't even reply..?!

they both accepting everybody, their signature managers are somehow overloaded and not so active at all (except posting, that they accepted new members) and because of automated checks by bots, they don't even care about quality of posts. (reason is simple: both quality and useless posts had same size and visibility, so why care so much, right..?)

"product" of this unlimited madness is user called Amph (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99297) and I encourage everybody to check, how often and what he is actually posting and how this board may ends up...

enjoy

oh yeah here we go again, tells me what bothers you about my post? it's the number of posts...., you know that numbers of posts != spam right?

what if someone can "spam" constructive post all day? here there is a big problem with the definition of "constructive post" apparently

it seems that everything which has not a technical knowledges is not a constructive post...we are lucky that mod do not agree

Well, besides the fact that you've whored out your entire sig and avatar space to bit-x, every single one of your posts from just the first page of your reply's is quoting somebody else and making a general reference either in a question thread or far along in an already 60 page thread. There is no actual contribution. You are a pro thread fluffer. You could disappear and know one would know you are gone even with your 15.7k posts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DropboxSeller

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

Not everybody in a signature campaign posts useless posts. I have recently joined one but only post as I would normally would.
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:40:57 PM

Not everybody in a signature campaign posts useless posts. I have recently joined one but only post as I would normally would.
I'm not sore about that, before you joined the campaign, most of your posts were high quality 3 lines+ posts but since then, you've only made one post that is more than 1 line and it was two lines
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 04:16:07 AM

Da Dice had a decent system of grading campaign participants by post quality and rewarding those that posted well and kicking out those that didn't.

Monetary rewards are what's causing spam, let's use that same element to fight it. Reward those that add to the community, don't reward (or diminish the reward) for those that don't add to the community. Obviously the definition of "add to" is subjective so the definition needs to be broad enough to satisfy most people.

The companies and the campaign managers have the responsibility to police their crew of participants - that's a fact.

The forum plays the fine balance of setting bans to those abusing the rules and letting the other shit get by - it's a tough role to play.

It makes more sense to try to police the few that make these opportunities possible than the many that are trying to make some money from it.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:36:58 PM

Da Dice had a decent system of grading campaign participants by post quality and rewarding those that posted well and kicking out those that didn't.

Monetary rewards are what's causing spam, let's use that same element to fight it. Reward those that add to the community, don't reward (or diminish the reward) for those that don't add to the community. Obviously the definition of "add to" is subjective so the definition needs to be broad enough to satisfy most people.

The companies and the campaign managers have the responsibility to police their crew of participants - that's a fact.

The forum plays the fine balance of setting bans to those abusing the rules and letting the other shit get by - it's a tough role to play.

It makes more sense to try to police the few that make these opportunities possible than the many that are trying to make some money from it.

This is absolutely and pragmatically correct.  From a practical standpoint, it makes sense to have a mod-of-sig-ad campaigns (or maybe two), make that mod be responsible for enforcing punishments on the signature-ad campaigns themselves via the campaign managers.  If any campaign is causing useless spam and not moderating it for themself (by kicking out those who are abusing) then the campaign manager should answer to the mod-of-sig-ad-campaigns with a final punishment being like a temp-ban on everyone wearing that sig.

It's a good solution because while it's impossible for a handful of mods to keep up with all the sig-ad-campaigns, it's feasible that a mod or two could keep track of the campaign managers from a high level and start enforcing rules in that way.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

oki, so it seems, that the Useless user called Amph will never ever come back again or reply...he did his useless post, post is counted, so why he should even bother himself..?

btw, for all you guys, which are standing behind idea, that signature campaigns paying for all (even low quality posts) without cap are so useful and should remain as is, please take yor time and check:

OMG!!! i won 543 BTC - AT Primedice.com ohhhh sh: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1127363.0

I would say, that this is rock bottom of internet communication. I never saw something meaningless on any internet board so far.. Why are mods and admins here so toothless? Because idea of bitcoin is freedom, or they simple don't care?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:05:22 PM

oki, so it seems, that the Useless user called Amph will never ever come back again or reply...he did his useless post, post is counted, so why he should even bother himself..?

I don't want to "defend" him but if the admin have not banned him then I think there is a reason behind that choice, or am I wrong?
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:10:59 PM

I don't want to "defend" him but if the admin have not banned him then I think there is a reason behind that choice, or am I wrong?

admin also didn't banned accounts, which are owned by "companies" like BlackArrow, KNC or BFL. I can also see, that accounts with dozens trusted negative feedback notes are not banned at all.

I'm not sure, if your argument is valid at this point, because bans (at least based on my personal impressions) are more or less rare event here..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:11:06 PM

i have nothing to say anymore to your trollish post, i find your post more useless than mine, why i should bother with you? but since, you're provoking i'll respond

i don't care anymore of what people say, your complain don't count shit, the same as the other guy under you(or above you now) who think that , i care if my name will be remembered by anonymous user on the internet...

the mods are the ones who decide in the end, all this no-sense it's pointless
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:17:45 PM

admin also didn't banned accounts, which are owned by "companies" like BlackArrow, KNC or BFL. I can also see, that accounts with dozens trusted negative feedback notes are not banned at all.

I'm not sure, if your argument is valid at this point, because bans (at least based on my personal impressions) are more or less rare event here..

I was one of the users who were 'wearing' a sig-ad so I know what you are feeling now... you are angry because he is posting so much and you no (right?). However for the question about the scammer(s), it is a simple concept : if you would ban an user who have scammed someone, you will not (obviously) forbid him to create a new account.

Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:27:53 PM

I was one of the users who were 'wearing' a sig-ad so I know what you are feeling now... you are angry because he is posting so much and you no (right?)

nope, I'm angry, that even interesting discussions are flooded with 90% of useless posts and the Useless user is the most visible one..I had nothing against him personally at all. As I already mentioned earlier, he is literally product of current set of rules (almost no moderation, pay per post, no post cap)

I'm basically fine with signature campaigns concept generally (because I know, that there is almost no way how to stop it), but I simply hate, that majority (and yes, it is about 70-80%) users here posting just to post something and they don't give a flying fuck, what they composed. Just check some threads here, read them post by post (you can use the one posted few lines above as example), and you will maybe realize, what is the point.

When I joined, it was really different, now it slowly become post-hunt uncontrolled nest..
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:28:19 PM

I disagree with the OP. Lots of good discussions going on everywhere. He just cant find them.

Thank you for your most valuable input.  Roll Eyes

I see way too many posts from people (especially bit-x people) that don't read any of the posts in the thread and post something indirectly related to OP's post to seem like they are engaging. Normally, they never return to topic.

I'm not saying disable signatures but more liberal use of bans wouldn't be bad idea either. That might discourage this type of "thread fluffing" spam.

Yes, the spam is annoying, but when you look at the bigger picture, signatures campaigns truly are good for the community. Now, call me biased because I personally am enrolled in a signature campaign, but the fact that there are programs out there that allow anyone to earn an honest amount of BTC just for participating in community discussion is great. Sure, it may lead to a bit of spam, but it's much easier to ignore the spam then ban the concept that is, in my opinion, one of the greatest goods in the community.

lol you took something you could say in one line and turned it into a paragraph by repeating yourself. *clap* enjoy your .001.

The reality is that signatures don't promote discussion. If you really want to talk about BTC, getting paid to talk about it won't make your comments more interesting or more pertinent to the discussion.

It's awesome to get money for sitting on your computer and posting on a forum but don't bullshit and say it enhances the community or is "one of the greatest goods in the community"  Roll Eyes Come on

"Now, call me biased because I personally am enrolled in a signature campaign, but the fact that there are programs out there that allow anyone to earn an honest amount of BTC just for participating in community discussion is great."

Signature programs allow anyone enthusiastic about Bitcoin to get on without investing any money. Of course, there are other ways to earn considerable amounts of Bitcoin, most notably by providing special skills or services. However, for people who don't offer anything marketable to the community, signature campaigns are the next best option for getting involved. More than anything, that's why I feel they should be allowed and why I feel it is a positive feature of the community.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:58:51 PM

I was one of the users who were 'wearing' a sig-ad so I know what you are feeling now... you are angry because he is posting so much and you no (right?)

nope, I'm angry, that even interesting discussions are flooded with 90% of useless posts and the Useless user is the most visible one..I had nothing against him personally at all. As I already mentioned earlier, he is literally product of current set of rules (almost no moderation, pay per post, no post cap)

I'm basically fine with signature campaigns concept generally (because I know, that there is almost no way how to stop it), but I simply hate, that majority (and yes, it is about 70-80%) users here posting just to post something and they don't give a flying fuck, what they composed. Just check some threads here, read them post by post (you can use the one posted few lines above as example), and you will maybe realize, what is the point.

When I joined, it was really different, now it slowly become post-hunt uncontrolled nest..

I agree with you when you said "but I simply hate, that majority (and yes, it is about 70-80%) users here posting just to post something and they don't give a flying fuck, what they composed." and this is one of the reason because I have removed the signature ad and I've stopped to participate to the sig. campaigns.

It is not our decision to say what is constructive or not, maybe the admin thought "he is not spamming useless posts, so I will not ban him to post or send personal message here in the forum" who knows?

redsn0w! You're the man! (or team)  If you..are...you.. lol

Im guessing so with the kookie pineapple avatar  Smiley

I used to use your jailbreak software all the time. Great work.

No you are wrong, however we're off topic.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:06:58 AM

Amph does make qualitative posts but at the same time he spams. Mods may gave a warning to Amph or maybe they are in doubt whether to ban him or not.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:23:40 AM

Amph does make qualitative posts but at the same time he spams. Mods may gave a warning to Amph or maybe they are in doubt whether to ban him or not.

I do not think the admin is in doubt to ban him or not, I think he is fine with his posts and for this reason the admin has never warned or banned him. It is really impossible to write all the time a 'qualitative" (or maybe constructive) post... because I think you know that constructive is a subjective thing.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:12:12 PM

It really doesn't matter as you cannot blame the end users when a forums incentive structure supports such behavior. It is the environment that allows for paid signatures to exist that supports spamming. This issue isn't going away until that incentive is removed.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:24:12 PM

I genuinely hope you do complete your forum and I would certainly check it out, but I'm not sure how well it will work but I'm very interested to see if it will and how it does. If it's far superior to this one then I'm sure it will catch on. Again, good luck with it.  

I agree that you are probably right that getting rid of ad-sigs won't bring this forum back to what it was like in 2011/2012. A lot of people that used to contribute a lot of interesting stuff have left between 2013 and 2014 (whether they left due to the poorer quality content is hard to say).

The good people that left in 2013 and 2014 had to have gone somewhere, right? All of them didn't just decide to not participate in bitcoin-related conversation online. So where do you think they went - Reddit? Or maybe the really stayed and their contributions are being drowned out by the increased volume and noise?

Good luck with your forum, hopefully it serves the right purpose for you and others.

P.S. CIYAM, I hope I'm not on your ignore list so you can see this. Genuine questions deserve genuine answers...

deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:29:33 AM

you know that numbers of posts != spam right?
what if someone can "spam" constructive post all day?

uhh what, did you even read what are you posting here?

funny comparison:

ChartBuddy (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110685)  - Automated posting Bot  - created 2013-05-03 - posts: 16174

Amph (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99297) - the Useless user - created 2013-04-13 - posts: 15743

Was just catching up on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126245.msg11902928;topicseen#new and see my answer being repeated by sigspam shitposters. Sure nuff, it's that user.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:27:36 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 07:40:17 AM by Amph

you know that numbers of posts != spam right?
what if someone can "spam" constructive post all day?

uhh what, did you even read what are you posting here?

funny comparison:

ChartBuddy (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110685)  - Automated posting Bot  - created 2013-05-03 - posts: 16174

Amph (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99297) - the Useless user - created 2013-04-13 - posts: 15743

Was just catching up on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126245.msg11902928;topicseen#new and see my answer being repeated by sigspam shitposters. Sure nuff, it's that user.

no you're wrong i didn't even check your post, i directly answered the OP, i know that ssd can sync faster because i actually have the 850 pro and i sync in less than an hour the whole blockchain

i even said this multiple times in another threads, so at worst i've copyed my old post and not your

thebenjamincode

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:41:53 PM

well i think that's how the world works
there are just some greedy people out there who wants to earn bitcoin
so much that's why they spam using signature campaign
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: