Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be VERY careful with GAW Miners and Hashtalk  (Read 4544 times)
Meanotor (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:44:53 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 10:49:39 PM by Meanotor

The mob:

These 4 are interconnected:

1) GAW Miners are originally sellers of hardware.

+

2) They have since invented the concept of Hashlet and provide a cloud mining service on Zenminer. You can buy Hashlets or you can get a Zen Controller for your hardware.

+

3) Their forum is https://hashtalk.org/

+

4) They have also acquired http://btc.com/ which is blocked by many organisations due to its XXX history.

Their capabilites
While there seems to be much enthusiasm and overjoy, the bunch look and behave like a bad driver on the road.

GAW miners: They create the Genesis Hashlet and have it mine on the Nice Hash pool with unrealistic return. The result? after many people buying in, the Nice Hash pool is removed. The Nice Hashlet is removed as well (out of stock, no longer sold). The price of the Hashlet varies on your luck: if you happen to be online during a mis communication between X and Y where Y suddenly reduces the price to $7.95, then you're in luck. Otherwsie just catch the train of buying at high cost and then sudden drop the next day. The other hashlets have dropped as well, albeit $1 off $16 that 6.25% loss if you bought the day before. The Hashlet Prime rose from $20, to $30, $0 and is now at $49.95. so some go up some go down which no clear heading. Whatever the CEO dreams about in the morning...

ZenMiner: In an Improvement, they removed the capability to purchase with credit cards! You can still buy the same miners from GAW website with credit card. The history of payouts is anything but organised, and sometimes "they make a mistake" and your earnings are taken back and returned to your different, reason: when they gave it back the BTC/USD was different. Payouts between daily balances can be between 4 hours to 36 hours the next day.

Unlike cex.io, on ZenMiner you can only sell back to GAW at 80% of purchase price and they pocket 20% difference just because you wanted to sell. You cannot sell direct, but you can sell your whole account all at once if you want. People have put their haslets on sale and waited a few days without the sale happening; they are told it is in a queue but that contrasts with the hype (or HYIP) GAW CEO is trying sleeplessly to promote.

Hashtalk is the beauty. They want it to replace Bitcointalk.org (first alarm bells sounding). The CEO does not have his feet on the ground so the company is a train wreck. The forum is a colors diharrea and you cannot find when previous post were published (like here for example) - time is relative to your post. They are not aware of the impact of time factor on crypto. You can upvote but to downvote you need reputation. You get reputation by sucking up and being an ass kisser and posting, well as the CEO there calls his users, by trolling all day and giving each other thumbs up over retarded posts. Prepare to get a permanent ban if you are not a good ass kisser, as is any manufacturer's forum.

BTC.com whatever these guys are bringing in October, the BTC communitty does not need another air headed short sighted tentative project.

While other companies like cex.io need to play catch-up with GAW Miners offers, there are several other companies if you are considering to invest and diversity (no referral links here):

http://www.genesis-mining.com/: same offer as GAW both BTC and Scrypt with X11 coming soon and they allow you to mine particular coins. Very good service, daily payouts.

www.hashnest.com: owned by Bitmain and their calculations make sense. No bullshit people.

Too many people taking risks cause imbalance on the network. Until GAW Miners have shown any form of stability, care should be taken in investing with them.

Note: http://pbmining.com/: gives you 5 years contract at same price as GW Miner, but with PB miners you see the warehouse and the people. After 5 years contract to be honest you really don;t want to be looking at the fractional returns. However, PBMining is no where to be heard from so I would stay out of this one especially that there are other sites where you can get same offer and you can get in touch with.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:21:42 AM

Yet another muppet account.
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:43:08 AM

I never trusted them, too fishy!

Where is all this mining coming from and how come they are more affordable than any and more profitable than any at the same time?
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 09:53:10 PM

http://pbmining.com/: gives you 5 years contract at same price as GW Miner, but with PB miners you see the warehouse and the people. After 5 years contract to be honest you really don;t want to be looking at the fractional returns.

What are you talking about? PBMining has provided absolutely no proof of any hashing power, and it's owners do everything they can to stay anonymous. Do some research bud.
Meanotor (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:53:20 PM

http://pbmining.com/: gives you 5 years contract at same price as GW Miner, but with PB miners you see the warehouse and the people. After 5 years contract to be honest you really don;t want to be looking at the fractional returns.

What are you talking about? PBMining has provided absolutely no proof of any hashing power, and it's owners do everything they can to stay anonymous. Do some research bud.

Hi link to photos of hardware:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112329/gavin-andresens-fractional-reserve-mining-cloud-miners-respond

That's at least better than GAW Miners and the attitude is different, they are not high on substances.

I'm not endorsing them, always diversify and never fully trust anyone.
guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 01:37:16 PM

It clearly says that those pictures are from Genesis-Mining, not PBMining. Did you even read the article? The owner of PBMining only mentioned a statement they posted in that article, he didn't provide pictures of their operations.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:38:05 PM

It clearly says that those pictures are from Genesis-Mining, not PBMining. Did you even read the article? The owner of PBMining only mentioned a statement they posted in that article, he didn't provide pictures of their operations.

Don't bother, let him wither away.
guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 08:35:21 PM

Oh well, I tried.  Cheesy
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:22:38 AM

@guitarplinker

you seem to know about this stuff, so who is the real deal in cloud mining? I'd like to invest some money...
guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 04:03:49 PM

Well right now I'm personally not investing in mining at all. Hashlets were great, but now with the more than triple price increase since they launched ($16 to $50 per MH/s with Hashlet Primes) I'm not investing in them. Plus, in the last few days payments have gone down with Hashlet Primes (from about 0.00066 BTC per MH/s per day to 0.00059 BTC per MH/s per day) so I'm not sure how that will unfold.

I had about half a bitcoin and invested it in hashpower from Cex.io actually quite recently, and used it to sort of generate interest on my bitcoin. Started with 0.5 BTC, withdrew them a week later and I ended up with 0.503 BTC, so it just generated little bits of interest. Cex seems like a fairly safe investment for a "interest" type investment because of how constant their pricing is, however their fees are quite high. Don't expect to make anything serious with Cex though, because of their maintenance fees and such.

So right now I'm not investing in anything, mostly just waiting until something appealing shows up to invest in. Smiley
coindetective

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

Has anyone see any photos of GAW farms. If they exist at all.

guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:28:14 AM

Has anyone see any photos of GAW farms. If they exist at all.
Yes, they've provided picture proof. Link to the post: https://hashtalk.org/topic/2040/data-center-pictures/2
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:33:03 AM

im pretty happy with my hashlets so far , i consider your post NULL
Meanotor (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:53:52 PM

Oh well, I tried.  Cheesy

I contacted PB Admin and asked him to reply here, he did not reply, so you must be right and thank you for the clarification, i edited my original post.

Also for the question who is the best at the moment, I think Genesis Mining is #1 due to features and Hashnest are #2 for feet on the ground and real offer.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:42:19 AM

What the absolute fuck is a colors diarrhea?

siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:45:41 AM

What the absolute fuck is a colors diarrhea?

I think that is what comes out of Josh "GAW" Homero's mouth every day!

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: