Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teach over 5000 people how useful bitcoin is! And just when needed most!  (Read 975 times)
Zohann (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:04:41 AM

The small town of Weed, CA is on fire. Over 150 people have lost their homes.  http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fire-damage-mill-blow-timber-town-25557848  They're in dire need of help! Boles Fire, Weed Relief Distribution Center facebook page has been set up as a central point to put out information regarding the needs of the community.

With the beauty and efficiency of bitcoin you all have an opportunity to help. 100% of the donations will go directly to the people that need it. At the same time you have an opportunity to let people see the efficiency of bitcoin in motion. This is what it was designed for people, please help! Any questions can be directed to me here on this thread, or contact the Director of the Weed Relief Distribution Center at danahight@gmail.com

Please visit Reddit.com and upvote this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2gqk2w/please_donate_to_boles_fire_weed_relief/

Also Please see the Facebook page created https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boles-Fire-Weed-Relief-Distribution-Center/1482440712042337 Thank you all in advance! Donation address: 1Q8XXB5KrBVU7ZSzneNcsKWmbW1tGTuyXQ

Thank you all.. I grew up near this town and have alot of friends there that need help.

Thank you,

Zohann
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zohann (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:01:15 AM

Please all of you. This is a small town that now has a BTC address on their FB relief page and no donations..  They have no idea what bitcoin is.  A dollar each or something.. most of them doesnt know wtf it is.  Show them!  That's how adoption happens.  Give a fraction of a dollar.. whatever.  It'll show them what it is!

Thanks,

Zohann
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4598

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:56:10 PM

Can you offer any proof that this website is actually in support of the town of Weed and that donations will be well managed and used for the direct benefit of the Weed community as a whole?

It would be quite easy for a con-artist to set up a fake Facebook page and prey on the compassion of others to steal money.

oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:12:26 PM

Proof is what is needed for people to trust and want to help you. As stated anyone can set up a Facebook page and claim that they are taking donations to help people and many have done in the past who have turned out to be scammers.
Zohann (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:54:01 PM

Did you go to the FB page?  Its not fake.. this is a small town!  Most of them don't know wtf Bitcoin is, so its pretty embarrassing that I conviced them to put up a bitcoin address and noone is donating.    Sad really.  I don't give a fuck, I did what I could to help.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4598

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:32:09 PM

Did you go to the FB page?

I did.

Its not fake..

Can you prove this?  How would I know?

this is a small town!  Most of them don't know wtf Bitcoin is, so its pretty embarrassing that I conviced them to put up a bitcoin address and noone is donating.

Perhaps you should have considered the importance of proving that this isn't a fraud before you put the effort into convincing them to do such a thing.

Sad really.

The devastation is sad.

The fact that con artists exist is sad.

The fact that you didn't put enough thought and effort into this endeavor is sad.

The fact that nobody is donating is pragmatic.

I don't give a fuck,

That much was clear from the very beginning.

I did what I could to help.

No.  You did what you felt like to help (assuming that you are not a con-artist).  Clearly you could do much more.

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:40:56 PM

What is sad is you seem to be trying to make money of people actually suffering. 

This seems like a 100% scam to me.  Someone should set something up with this town and actually really donate to them...
Verse

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:52:28 PM

Weed is burning in California?

These scammers have a sense of humor/are idiots.
Zohann (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:56:14 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 03:13:09 AM by Zohann

This isn't a scam, and I apologize for being frustrated last night.  The relief effort is actually going quite well.  We're working with the distribution centers to get a coinbase or bitpay account so that funds can be sent to them directly. We'll have a press release out soon.

https://www.facebook.com/WRDCCH

https://www.facebook.com/siskiyoucountyfiredonations

Please help if you can.

Zohann
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: