Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCTalkers Posters' Guild  (Read 726 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:20:17 AM

I'm looking to build a team of reliable content posters that can maintain 150-200+ legit posts per month. This is totally new around here and am looking to see if there's any interest in building a team of knowledgeable and fairly ubiquitous posters that can take signature contracts (as a guild) from advertising upstarts or current campaigners interested in constant prestigious and reputable posters promoting their brand. As we build a top shelf team of posters, up to 25 of the best to start, we'll make ourselves available to contract on a weekly/ bi-weekly or monthly basis to those said advertisers looking for the most active and unique sellers of meaningful content. No personal violations on one's record to join and the contracts can be decided by majority vote here before one is taken.

To maintain membership in this guild, one has to fulfill their collective terms of whatever contract we roll with during its inception until its conclusion. This guild will accept Full Members on up to start and our contract pricing will be in tune w/ what the market will bear except that this squad will feature heretofore quality names of fairly renowned posting history in recent times to nail down as big of a contract as we can. Considering some quality posters are currently indisposed w/ their own campaigns right now I'm thinking of making a window of signup opportunity so they can handle their own current commitments and free flow into guild membership. There will be no membership fee to start and their may never be one unless the demand to join becomes overwhelming down the line as things get fired up.

Interested parties can chime in on other guidelines that may be deemed helpful for such an entity. We can also discuss timelines for entry and brainstorm other related ideas to make the biggest impact. We'll probably need a logo at some point. The vetting process shall be determined by the first handful of Founding Fathers (PM me w/ interest for this, must be Senior or above). Once our brand is ironclad (after first contract or two's feedback) I envision getting paid contracts up front which will be meaningless to advertisers considering all guild participants will have to keep up their performance to maintain membership. As time moves forward on this forum dedicated to Bitcoin, lots of upstarts in the related peripheral world of Bitcoin will be seeking our promotion services and we'll be able to create a tier level of guild membership into different groups that can fetch different prices and determine which BTC related advertising business here gains traction faster.

Thoughts, feedback, brainstorming can commence. Trolling isn't welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:16:57 AM

This is actually a pretty good idea. A lot of these campaigns get bogged down by spammers who just want to make a quick BTC. Also wastes a lot of time to search through somebody's posts for a campaign to see if they are fully contributing. It would be very convenient for signature campaign promoters to contact a reliable/efficient group. I would definitely be on board for something like this.

Only suggestion is to grab people that normally post in a variety of sections so that advertising can be in full effect.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:36:17 AM

its a great idea but i like to post mostly in politics and economics which is my favorite posts to talk about.  I do post in other sections, but how and where will you promote this service?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:10:39 AM

The question is, what would a "legit" post be ?

Would quoting a page and providing a link without adding any other information of your own be considered "legit" ?

And what about the interests of the companies ?
I mean, most companies are looking for people to post mainly on the Marketplace subforums, mainly Services and Gambling so that their advertisement hits the right audience.

Would keeping 80+% of your posts in forums like Politics and Society (which is a less spammy offtopic, but still not as Bitcoin related) and Press (which is not visited by many users), be fine ?

In my opinion, any guild or union attempting to garner the attention of large companies would need to, rather than posting everywhere, post in places where the company needed the advertising the most.

A random newb, spamming 200 posts a month in Gambling for a gambling company would be much much more effective in spreading their name to the target audience (people in the Gambling subforum) than an entire guild posting far away.

I'd say requiring 50 to 100 posts between the Gambling and Services section would be the best.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:55:54 AM

This idea is great,  I look forward to adding to the conversation and learning others opinions.  It would be nice to have a good amount of people who are reliable, willing to read before they post and don't make the group as a whole look dumb.  This is a good idea and if people are willing to make it work without a whole lot of fuss I'm willing to take part in it for sure.  Subscribed to this thread.   
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 03:01:11 AM

Sounds like a great idea, I've had similar thoughts but knew I didn't have the time to plan it all... 
It would take a lot of hard work before we can get something working. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: