Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:31:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your favorite Proof of Stake coin?
Xcashcoin [XCASH] - 1 (0.2%)
BlackCoin [BC] - 96 (16.8%)
Nextcoin [NXT] - 105 (18.4%)
Librexcoin [LXC] - 29 (5.1%)
Yacoin [YAC] - 4 (0.7%)
Bitgem [BTG] - 0 (0%)
Tekcoin [TEK] - 7 (1.2%)
Battlecoin [BCX] - 0 (0%)
HoboNickels [HBN] - 30 (5.2%)
Stealthcoin [XST] - 8 (1.4%)
BitcoinDark [BTCD] - 12 (2.1%)
Crypti [XCR] - 5 (0.9%)
PandaCoin [PND] - 79 (13.8%)
Bottlecap [CAP] - 5 (0.9%)
BitSharesX - 38 (6.6%)
Xcurrency [XC] - 13 (2.3%)
Maieuticoin [M] - 16 (2.8%)
Peercoin [PPC] - 28 (4.9%)
Pinkcoin [PC] - 2 (0.3%)
Truckcoin [TRK] - 4 (0.7%)
Bluecoin [BLU] - 3 (0.5%)
Hyper [HYPER] - 14 (2.4%)
HyperStake [HYP] - 46 (8%)
VidioShare [VDO] - 2 (0.3%)
Paycoin [XPY] *clone coin - 3 (0.5%)
Paycoin [PYC] *original coin - 1 (0.2%)
CraigsCoin [CRAIG] - 0 (0%)
NEM coin [XEM] - 21 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 572

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Proof of Stake coins █████ Voting Poll █████  (Read 28105 times)
noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:36:12 PM

BlackCoin has the most solid and secure code base for PoS coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:41:16 PM

Ok I got it this is to make Black coin look good....fail.
VertFan

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:47:06 PM

Btw I couldn't vote, but blackcoin is definitely my first choice, especially because of BlackHalo and NightTrader. It should be obvious at this point that centralized services can't be trusted. BlackHalo and NightTrader are the solution.
Crypto_Miner

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

Blackcoin is an instamined scam with nothing left but angry bagholders who want to get more people to buy in, so they can bail out without taking a loss.
llanillo

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:54:55 PM

I would say nextcoin

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:59:45 PM

Blackcoin is an instamined scam with nothing left but angry bagholders who want to get more people to buy in, so they can bail out without taking a loss.

I agree. And having newbies come in here four or five deep all voicing their support for the same exact feature really does nothing to help the reputation.

VertFan

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:16:00 PM

I know it's hard to handle the fact that BC has so much support, but do you really need to stoop to the level of FUD? You know full well that the mining phased was fair and announced well in advanced, so please stop this nonsense. And how is it a "scam" when there are still countless of devs working on the coin? Maybe you should try to promote your own coin instead of bashing other coins that are making a real effort to advace in the crypto world.
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:17:57 PM

Black and XC, i'm holding a fair amount of both of them but the fav black.
cryptonewstoday

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:55:21 PM

I know it's hard to handle the fact that BC has so much support, but do you really need to stoop to the level of FUD? You know full well that the mining phased was fair and announced well in advanced, so please stop this nonsense. And how is it a "scam" when there are still countless of devs working on the coin? Maybe you should try to promote your own coin instead of bashing other coins that are making a real effort to advace in the crypto world.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#blackcoin
nboy

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:57:16 PM

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#blackcoin

The author of this page didn't do anything except scan the blockchain.  Apparently knew nothing about the history, devs or great community.  Yes, there was a pre-mine but it was announced, it was open and at least a thousand of us were mining millions of blackcoins during the pre-mine.  Active devs like rat4 (PoS, PoS 2.0), David Zimbeck (BlackHalo smart contracts, NightTrader) and Blackwave Labs (Blackbit, Ruby Wallet, BC-centric Exchange) continue to work this coin.
cryptonewstoday

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:02:25 PM

The author of this page didn't do anything except scan the blockchain.  Apparently knew nothing about the history, devs or great community.  Yes, there was a pre-mine but it was announced, it was open and at least a thousand of us were mining millions of blackcoins during the pre-mine.  Active devs like rat4 (PoS, PoS 2.0), David Zimbeck (BlackHalo smart contracts, NightTrader) and Blackwave Labs (Blackbit, Ruby Wallet, BC-centric Exchange) continue to work this coin.

Yet your official topic said "no premine". this smells even more like a huge coverup for a scam.
momode

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:04:26 PM

PandaCoin [PND] ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥  Grin
deuteronpsi

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:13:15 PM

Blackcoin is head and shoulders above the rest.  So much game changing development going on. 

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/a-look-at-seven-current-blackcoin-projects-under-development

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/27lz3h/blackcoin_projects_overview/
vabat

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:26:38 PM

This poll should have a different name, something like
"Vote for the coin you have the most of"
noerc

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

Yet your official topic said "no premine". this smells even more like a huge coverup for a scam.

BlackCoin had no premine, and also the analysis you cited doesn't claim that. Every initial distribution model of a PoS coin happened in a short time, in BlackCoin through a short PoW phase. People quickly use the term "instamining" which is actually a term for PoW coins with a ridiculous block halvening policy.

The current distribution of BlackCoin is better than in most alt coins. Regardless if you think that BlackCoin is a good investment or not, you will hardly find a second PoS coin code base that contributed so much to the cryptocurrency community. Several coins in the voting are BlackCoin forks btw.
vabat

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:36:47 PM

BlackCoin had no premine, and also the analysis you cited doesn't claim that. Every initial distribution model of a PoS coin happened in a short time, in BlackCoin through a short PoW phase. People quickly use the term "instamining" which is actually a term for PoW coins with a ridiculous block halvening policy.

The current distribution of BlackCoin is better than in most alt coins. Regardless if you think that BlackCoin is a good investment or not, you will hardly find a second PoS coin code base that contributed so much to the cryptocurrency community. Several coins in the voting are BlackCoin forks btw.

Thank you for what seems to be an intelligent response with useful information!
Linux_Mint_Pal

Activity: 196

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:54:20 PM

Pandacoin's distribution phase was 95 days long. 95 days of fair mining during our POW phase.

So, "every distribution model of a PoS coin" did not happen in a short time. Ours didn't. Smiley

That's why Pandacoin is the fairest and most secure PoS coin in the world.

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
vabat

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:08:35 PM

Pandacoin's distribution phase was 95 days long. 95 days of fair mining during our POW phase.

So, "every distribution model of a PoS coin" did not happen in a short time. Ours didn't. Smiley

noerc, what was the length of the PoW phase for BlackCoin? 

Note: I hold mostly PND, but I AM interested in the real debate and answers to this poll.  I am new enough to not be opinionated yet.
Linux_Mint_Pal

Activity: 196

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:27:02 PM

The author of this page didn't do anything except scan the blockchain.  Apparently knew nothing about the history, devs or great community.  Yes, there was a pre-mine but it was announced, it was open and at least a thousand of us were mining millions of blackcoins during the pre-mine.  Active devs like rat4 (PoS, PoS 2.0), David Zimbeck (BlackHalo smart contracts, NightTrader) and Blackwave Labs (Blackbit, Ruby Wallet, BC-centric Exchange) continue to work this coin.

Note: I hold mostly PND, but I AM interested in the real debate and answers to this poll.  I am new enough to not be opinionated yet.

According to the think above, 1/3 of all Blackcoins in existence were distributed in 3 days.

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
noerc

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:56:33 PM

Note: I hold mostly PND, but I AM interested in the real debate and answers to this poll.  I am new enough to not be opinionated yet.

Nice to hear that Pandacoin had a long PoW phase. I think miners generally have a more speculative incentive when mining a PoS coin that is in PoW phase compared to when mining a PoW coin. It will be interesting to evaluate in a year how different distribution phases influenced the final distribution.

BlackCoin had 10000 PoW blocks, the first was mined on 24th of February and the last was mined on 1st of May (60 sec block time). Each PoW block up to block 5000 contained 10000 BC, which was then halved to 5000 BC until block 10000, resulting in a total cap of roughly 75M BC. A giant hype after the PoS phase was entered lead to a massive raise and sell off which further influenced the distribution (hard to say how exactly).

My personal opinion is that once there is one PoS coin that attracts a market capitalization similar to Bitcoin then there will be a storm of people trying to exploit every critical aspect of the protocol that exists. And there are well known problems with PoS. Focusing the development on security is much more important in PoS coins than in Bitcoin, and even there it is the primary topic. And I see BlackCoin following exactly this path.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: