Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Living in Bitcoin  (Read 1423 times)
Stalkhome (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:16:01 AM

Anyone here living in Bitcoin alone? I mean pay the bills with bitcoin, buy foods with bitcoin. Literally shop in the grocery with bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:17:35 AM

is you pay with bitcoin ... bank close your account in the week.
and then, the problem rise ...

so, bitcoin is a store of value.
that's why banks have fear of this.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:21:38 AM

Anyone here living in Bitcoin alone? I mean pay the bills with bitcoin, buy foods with bitcoin. Literally shop in the grocery with bitcoin?
me Cheesy

no conversion to fiat:
rent - yes
food- yes
electricity&gas - no

although i do not physically handle fiat when paying gas and electric, there is a conversion via one company, and then funds passed to my utility company by the conversion process..

my income is 100% bitcoin, i finished the FIAT slave labour market in 2012 and never looked back... well only occasionally to laugh and pity at the old me.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ALXBOB

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:34:00 AM

This guy claim he is going to travel around the world and live in bitcoin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738693.0

I think there are more ppl that do but its not so easy yet. I am getting there Smiley

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:39:14 AM

As soon as there are more debit cards providing the payment system, I am sure more people ll be able to do this. It s not easy to buy food/groceries/gas without converting BTC to fiat.

RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:41:31 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 04:58:18 PM by RustyNomad

Wish I could only live on bitcoin alone but reality is that I will not be able to.

Many vendors coming online with bitcoin now but not enough variety yet to be able to cater to all ones daily needs.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:51:41 AM

me Cheesy

no conversion to fiat:
rent - yes
food- yes
electricity&gas - no

although i do not physically handle fiat when paying gas and electric, there is a conversion via one company, and then funds passed to my utility company by the conversion process..

my income is 100% bitcoin, i finished the FIAT slave labour market in 2012 and never looked back... well only occasionally to laugh and pity at the old me.

Wow! You are real pioneer. I wish I could do that.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:56:16 AM

live of bitcoins, is a dream

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:56:44 AM

me Cheesy

no conversion to fiat:
rent - yes
food- yes
electricity&gas - no

Can I ask what you do for a living?

My income is mostly Bitcoin and pay for rent with Bitcoin
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:04:41 PM

i have my hands in many baskets.
1)investing in other businesses
2)trading on exchanges (small amounts for fun mainly)
3)running a few bitcoin businesses
4)setting up merchants with bitcoin
5)being merchants exchange

98% of my handling of fiat is purely to hand to merchants that need to cash out. the other 2% is probably the very occasional car fuel fill-up or luxury item where i cant use bitcoin.

you can, you simply need to work out how to go about it. simply waiting for someone else to do it for you wont work, you need to own your life. YOU need to push yourself

only for those that are asleep and dont want to get out of bed and do something

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:15:37 PM

This guy claim he is going to travel around the world and live in bitcoin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738693.0

I think there are more ppl that do but its not so easy yet. I am getting there Smiley

nah this guy just wants a free holiday at the expense of others. its not what i or others call a good publicity stunt. bitcoin needs to be seen as a investment proposition and a method of payment, not something for throwing money away to strangers. charity drives and money grabs seem good, but beneath the surface people see that bitcoin has no value if people are just throwing it away.

put it this way bitcoin has a total cap of 21million coins. gold has a cap of about 175k tonnes.

so if someone was asking for the comparable amount, in gold. would you give him it.

"a guy wants 0.666 tonnes of gold to go around the world to tell people how great gold is"
"a guy wants 35274 ounces of gold to go around the world to tell people how great gold is"
"a guy wants 1milion grams of gold to go around the world to tell people how great gold is"

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:44:54 PM

As of right now I am not no but I do hope to someday. I see many people that are already able to do this and they say it's a great feeling so really looking forward to being able to live off just bitcoin.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:39:57 PM

i still can't living in bitcoin, because in my country no legality bitcoin and only some merchant there.
for now i only use bitcoin for convert to IDR lol

around the world? he visited bangladesh? he certainly have gone to jail lol

i have my hands in many baskets.
1)investing in other businesses
2)trading on exchanges (small amounts for fun mainly)
3)running a few bitcoin businesses
4)setting up merchants with bitcoin
5)being merchants exchange

98% of my handling of fiat is purely to hand to merchants that need to cash out. the other 2% is probably the very occasional car fuel fill-up or luxury item where i cant use bitcoin.

you can, you simply need to work out how to go about it. simply waiting for someone else to do it for you wont work, you need to own your life. YOU need to push yourself

only for those that are asleep and dont want to get out of bed and do something

you alive man!
guzazaza

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:58:50 AM

Not me.. I could not buy rice for BTC.
chenka563

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:44:14 AM

"pay the bills with bitcoin, buy foods with bitcoin"
that sounds good, but in my place, it is very difficult to realize because the here is China.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
☆★☆ High ROI Bonds |  Long, Medium and Short Term Options | Bitcoin Bond Network ☆★☆
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:51:29 AM

Lots of countries still aren't as technology advance as US or Europe.

Many still prefer cash vs other type of payment method.
DaveSaldana123

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

A.K.A The Black Marvel

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:30:48 AM

Lots of countries still aren't as technology advance as US or Europe.

Many still prefer cash vs other type of payment method.

Correct.. bitcoin's concept is a lost cause.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: