Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AppleByte Pool increases hash limit & bonus paid to CPU & GPU miners  (Read 689 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 07:07:43 PM

Since many of our longterm miners are now getting the new ASICs, AppleByte is raising it's hash limit from 10mhs to 25mhs (per person)

Additionally to keep the pool attractive for CPU & GPU miners, we will triple the bonus paid to our CPU & GPU miners.

Technical details:

AppleByte is closed source (with no linux versions released), so there is only one pool. This was done specifically to minimize the opportunity for large mining farms & multipools to mine AppleByte (since 95% of them run linux).

To make AppleByte newbie friendly, we have a CPU pool miner builtin to the wallet. To insure that CPU mining & small GPU mining remains profitable, we pay a bonus to every pool miner on every block. So every miner gets the same bonus, regardless of how much hash they use in the pool.

If you CPU mine with 1.5 khs, your bonus is approx. 100 ABY per day. If you mine with 30mhs, you get the same bonus of 100 ABY per day. Of course the bonus is on top of whatever you mine with your hash. The bonus does not come out of any miners share, but is funded by the AppleByte Foundation.

Pool: http://pool.applebyte.me

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: