Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit fury with cgminer 3.7.2  (Read 1414 times)
sray2014 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:48:09 PM

So my boyfriend and I have been running the cgminer 3.7.2 for a few weeks now and he decided to buy a red bit fury. We got the bit fury to install on my computer but I cannot get the .bat file to run the cgminer program with the bit fury. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get these two things to run together? I have been researching and struggling with this and since the bit fury wasn't cheap we would like to get it working. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:17:41 PM

You might want to try the latest version of cgminer, regardless of any other steps.

You didn't mention what, if any, errors pop up.  Try running cgminer as is from a console window - it should prompt for pool details, etc. and automatically detect the Red Fury.

If it does not detect it, you may have to install the zadig drivers.

There's certainly plenty of tutorials - including videos - going through the steps of getting up and running with a Red Fury, so the more details you can provide with regard to any errors, the easier it will be to help you.

cgminer support thread
Red/Blue Fury support thread

As an aside: the Red Fury is quite an old device.  You say it wasn't cheap - how much did you pay for it?

sray2014 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:00:10 PM

When I run the .bat file CGMiner pops up and then it automatically closes itself. I don't get a chance to read anything in the CGMiner window before it shuts down on me again. I will try downloading the newest version of CGMiner and see if that works. I have tried downloading other versions of it but they don't seem to want to run for me on my computer that is why I have stuck with this version. Is there a version that would be best to run the bit fury with?

Also, I did install the bit fury with the zadig program already, so my computer is detecting the bit fury but the CGMiner program isn't running any faster for me even with the bit fury plugged in. I was reading that I have to redo the .bat file in some versions of the CGMiner in order for it to connect to the mining program and I did that but that is when it caused the program to open and then automatically close again.

I am still trying to figure all of this stuff out. I am such a noob and of course my boyfriend wants to do it but I get to do all of the technical stuff and some of this stuff is still foreign territory so if I sound ignorant with it, it's because I really am! I am trying to learn and I have had to teach myself a lot of this but this bit fury thing is giving me a headache and he keeps complaining that it isn't up and running. (hangs head in shame) I just want to get the bit fury working so that he is happy.
sray2014 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:13:15 PM

Sorry missed the question about how much was paid for it...It was $125 after shipping I guess
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:18:45 PM

Sorry missed the question about how much was paid for it...It was $125 after shipping I guess
Shocked
sray2014 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:20:34 PM

I got it running with the new version of CGMiner. Thank you so much for the links for it! I appreciate it very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: