Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Review/Journal/ROI Calc of Litecoin GEAR (LTCGear) | LTC/DRK/VTC mining farm  (Read 70930 times)
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:17:44 PM

Removed FTC from the calc... change your settings if you were mining it, or you'll probably start seeing zero-day returns!

Why did you remove FTC? Is it because of the ALGO change?

yes, FTC was changing to new Algo.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organizer (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:54:06 PM

Yes, it's gone for now... Chris said he'll make an official statement about FTC "soon"... but I will assume that if it comes back it would be in a MOD form... all the routines are there if it makes a glorious return.... so just gone, but not forgotten for now.

POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

Yes, it's gone for now... Chris said he'll make an official statement about FTC "soon"... but I will assume that if it comes back it would be in a MOD form... all the routines are there if it makes a glorious return.... so just gone, but not forgotten for now.

that new neo scrypt "MOD" could be the new product he was planning on announcing in the near future.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:09:07 PM

that new neo scrypt "MOD" could be the new product he was planning on announcing in the near future.

I doubt about this. Neoscrypt might be easy to implement by Chris, but the market might be too small for him to invest his time.
organizer (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:51:26 PM

I doubt about this. Neoscrypt might be easy to implement by Chris, but the market might be too small for him to invest his time.

Well it's the FTC market and I would imagine it would stay around where it was.
organizer (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:10:03 PM

Pretty sure the new product is/was going to be something based on the new batch of chips he received (i think) in Sept. I don't think there's any real motivation to release something new now due to the success of the Anniversary Shares... so I think it might be a combination of things:

1. He might be putting the new chips to use in selling the Anniv. packs... which would make total sense to me... He won't have a legit contender to his current prices until Dec, so why not just keep selling them.... or at least until the ROI is still pretty good.

2. He should be thinking about timing his new product based on either December when the $5 MH/s asics are available to everyone...or what I hope he's doing is to hold off on an announcement to time it around whenever GAW makes it's next move.. lol.

ellave

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:11:25 PM

Pretty sure the new product is/was going to be something based on the new batch of chips he received (i think) in Sept. I don't think there's any real motivation to release something new now due to the success of the Anniversary Shares... so I think it might be a combination of things:

1. He might be putting the new chips to use in selling the Anniv. packs... which would make total sense to me... He won't have a legit contender to his current prices until Dec, so why not just keep selling them.... or at least until the ROI is still pretty good.

2. He should be thinking about timing his new product based on either December when the $5 MH/s asics are available to everyone...or what I hope he's doing is to hold off on an announcement to time it around whenever GAW makes it's next move.. lol.

What if his next move is a partnership with GAW... Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Apologies if I just made you do a little puke in your mouth
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:25:13 AM

What if his next move is a partnership with GAW... Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Apologies if I just made you do a little puke in your mouth

no way to partnership with GAW and GAW gone down hill and hashtalk more trouble now.

ps: anyone on hashtalk now or down one a day for few hrs.
Borntostun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:31:37 AM

This is a great thread for the new LTCGear user . . . thanks to the OP! 

I am really interested in hearing what type of reinvestment strategy others are using to combat difficulty increases and mining reward declines . . . Beyond the amazing short-term ROI, has anyone been able to find a mid-term balance with a __% reinvestment of weekly rewards into new weekly shares? 

Really hoping to hear what others might be doing.  Thanks. 
Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:51:33 AM

This is a great thread for the new LTCGear user . . . thanks to the OP! 

I am really interested in hearing what type of reinvestment strategy others are using to combat difficulty increases and mining reward declines . . . Beyond the amazing short-term ROI, has anyone been able to find a mid-term balance with a __% reinvestment of weekly rewards into new weekly shares? 

Really hoping to hear what others might be doing.  Thanks. 

I would like to hear this also.
organizer (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:27:11 AM

Well, here's my own approach (that was a work in progress from Aug-Sept), i'm sure everyone has something different...

1. Watch Product Cycles
I think this is most apparent in both GAW Primes & LTC Anniv. deals. They both were most productive/profitable when they are released. Unlike GAW, LTCGear stuff holds up much better over time and you get the share multiplication, but even with that Anniv. shares bought now are still down a good % from if you bought earlier. And obviously Primes are a disaster for anyone who didn't get the original low price and flipped them in the market.

This is what i'm trying to use as my own "indicator" to buy more... and you should be able to figure out if something is good or not.

2. Set Up a Reasonable Repurchase/Reinvestment Plan
Since I wasn't 100% comfortable with LTCGear when I started buying, I spread out my purchases over a few weeks. So after the first month (and this was around the time Anniv. shares came out, but almost all of my first month purchases were Dual MOD-based. After that, I arbitrarily decided to reinvest all earnings for the following month and then -try- not to be undisciplined and stop buying.

I think for this, you need to be honest with yourself. Don't set up a plan that says "i'm going to reinvest until I get 20BTC a week payout!!!!!" You'll likely never get there. Set realistic expectations based on your budget.

And going with point #1, I would guess that the most successful investors in anything would probably say it's as much about knowing when not to buy something.

I think in summary, the best advice I would give is if you're somewhat conservative, don't do constant reinvestment but know (or hope) new and better products will always come along in due time, so have money ready for those. I'd rather have a larger sum to spend on the next great product when it comes out.  I mean, you can look at LTCGear old product costs and see how much this rings true.

3. Set Up Multiple Wallets
For me, this has really helped with the discipline thing. I have 3 wallets, one for Savings (do not touch), one as a reinvestment fund (break glass when good product is available) and a "splurge" wallet, where I can just buy stuff with and not feel guilty... whether its converting to cash, getting amazon gift codes on Localbitcoins or even for those times i did break down and buy more shares, having funds separated really has made it easier for me.

It's also helped me feel better about this whole thing to have something to spend/cash out.
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:27:51 AM

Well, here's my own approach (that was a work in progress from Aug-Sept), i'm sure everyone has something different...

1. Watch Product Cycles
I think this is most apparent in both GAW Primes & LTC Anniv. deals. They both were most productive/profitable when they are released. Unlike GAW, LTCGear stuff holds up much better over time and you get the share multiplication, but even with that Anniv. shares bought now are still down a good % from if you bought earlier. And obviously Primes are a disaster for anyone who didn't get the original low price and flipped them in the market.

This is what i'm trying to use as my own "indicator" to buy more... and you should be able to figure out if something is good or not.

Since I wasn't 100% comfortable with LTCGear when I started buying, I spread out my purchases over a few weeks. So after the first month (and this was around the time Anniv. shares came out, but almost all of my first month purchases were Dual MOD-based. After that, I arbitrarily decided to reinvest all earnings for the following month and then -try- not to be undisciplined and stop buying.

I think for this, you need to be honest with yourself. Don't set up a plan that says "i'm going to reinvest until I get 20BTC a week payout!!!!!" You'll likely never get there. Set realistic expectations based on your budget.

And going with point #1, I would guess that the most successful investors in anything would probably say it's as much about knowing when not to buy something.

I think in summary, the best advice I would give is if you're somewhat conservative, don't do constant reinvestment but know (or hope) new and better products will always come along in due time, so have money ready for those. I'd rather have a larger sum to spend on the next great product when it comes out.  I mean, you can look at LTCGear old product costs and see how much this rings true.

For me, this has really helped with the discipline thing. I have 3 wallets, one for Savings (do not touch), one as a reinvestment fund (break glass when good product is available) and a "splurge" wallet, where I can just buy stuff with and not feel guilty... whether its converting to cash, getting amazon gift codes on Localbitcoins or even for those times i did break down and buy more shares, having funds separated really has made it easier for me.

It's also helped me feel better about this whole thing to have something to spend/cash out.

Nice idea about the multiple wallets, thanks! Will try it out I guess  Smiley
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:10:14 AM

1. Watch Product Cycles

Good common sense advice... You follow this pretty much within yourself anyway...  I also get tempted to buy a lot more qShares but you always have that voice within yourself that says "Make ROI first, then go for it".

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:45:17 AM

1. Watch Product Cycles

Good common sense advice... You follow this pretty much within yourself anyway...  I also get tempted to buy a lot more qShares but you always have that voice within yourself that says "Make ROI first, then go for it".

Chris, don't listen to the little devil inside you every time Grin. Generally when you split your reinvestment budget, it should depend on your goal. Of course at first you could give full gas for a few weeks if you start small. In your case,  my friend, you know what I tell you every time Wink
organizer (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:49:05 AM

Make sure to change your scrypt address if you were on FTC:

FTC mining
Hi,

As you may already know, Feathercoin network switched algorithm from scrypt to neoscrypt. The old scrypt asics obviously cannot mine FTC anymore.
The new chips, most likely, will mine FTC at a point if it is worth. For the moment, focus is on implementing other algorithms.
So, FTC mining will be deactivated starting this week, and may become available again in the future, if decent hashrate is achieved with new architecture.
One more note, in case you have a FTC Scrypt address filled on account page, please change it with a LTC address instead.

Kind Regards,
Chris
organizer (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:02:42 PM

Oh, one more thing on the investment piece I forgot... and this one probably many would disagree.... If you can't afford whatever the lowest priced "good return" product is... just save up, don't buy partial lots unless it's over something like 100Mhs or thereabouts.

I think being able to buy single MHs at this point in time is a real disservice to people (it would have made sense last year)...

You won't build your empire this way due to how it degrades over time... I think small lots just cause people to tread water at best...
buuhh99

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:29:40 PM

Any one have an estimate of how much "scrypt" power Chris has? I have been tracking order number generation and trying to estimate his total market cap (just to see if this thing is legit since I have no hardware pics). Depending on how you do order number to MH/s it can get scary quick.
organizer (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:36:01 PM

Sy over at Litecoin Talk is tracking based on voluntary submissions.... also, on some forum someone posted that the e-commerce module being used -doesn't- use sequential order IDs... I don't remember everything about it, but the point was that between order #8000 & #9000 doesn't equal 1000 orders...
Fierce

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Fierce, The Legend

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:51:29 PM

1.) Chris is the Steve Jobs of Crypto. We can call him Chris Jobs
2.) He is able to produce his own hardware which is far superior to what else is available at a lower cost
3.) He mines multiple pools, not just ltc, so it is impossible to have an exact rate of hashing at any given time
4.) Chris has one of the best reputations in crypto. He has come through 100% of the time. He does what he says and says what he does

-Although, I do not know the answer to your question. Sorry!  Sad

Supercoin (SUPER) The Only REAL Anonymous Coin with multi sig tech. No other altcoin can compete

http://ltcgear.com?apage=259ltcgear.com/?apage=259
boy2k

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:53:10 PM

Sy over at Litecoin Talk is tracking based on voluntary submissions.... also, on some forum someone posted that the e-commerce module being used -doesn't- use sequential order IDs... I don't remember everything about it, but the point was that between order #8000 & #9000 doesn't equal 1000 orders...

agreed, my invoice software uses month, year but like 102014268 so can seem high if viewed sequentially. Its actually only 268 of 2014 but issued in month 10 so numbers can confuse the issue Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: