Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are People Still Care about Bitcoin?  (Read 2456 times)
ariyaromadhona (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

I do believe that Bitcoin is probably one of the most amazing technological invention , and it changes my mind about currency , money and trading ..
but look at the price , i think it just constanly downwards right?
are people still care about investing in bitcoin? are they only wanna get rich by bitcoin? How many people out there loving the concept of cryptocurrency?  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:35:40 PM

the concept was raped by some hardware seller like josh the bob zerlan or giorgio massarotto or josh zipkin.

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
ariyaromadhona (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:08:58 PM

iff you like something it doesnt mean you care about it right?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:15:35 PM

I do believe that Bitcoin is probably one of the most amazing technological invention , and it changes my mind about currency , money and trading ..
are people still care about investing in bitcoin? are they only wanna get rich by bitcoin? How many people out there loving the concept of cryptocurrency?  Huh

I love the concept of cryptocurrency and was a long time Bitcoin supporter. I have sense moved on to ALT coins as they are the only ones pushing the limits so to speak. Bitcoin development is pretty stagnate due to so many opposing opinions and the worry that if anything is changed something will go wrong.

Alt coins are busy innovating and creating the future of Cryptocurrency, and Bitcoin development is moving at such a slow pace I don't think they will ever catch up. The market is showing that people realize Bitcoin is not as safe as a bet as Bitcoiners make it out to be, and people are diversifying their investment into different ALT coins like any sane non-subjective person would do.
ariyaromadhona (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:21:33 PM

are people still care about investing in bitcoin? are they only wanna get rich by bitcoin? How many people out there loving the concept of cryptocurrency?  Huh

I love the concept of cryptocurrency and was a long time Bitcoin supporter. I have sense moved on to ALT coins as they are the only ones pushing the limits so to speak. Bitcoin development is pretty stagnate due to so many opposing opinions and the worry that if anything is changed something will go wrong.

Alt coins are busy innovating and creating the future of Cryptocurrency, and Bitcoin development is moving at such a slow pace I don't think they will ever catch up. The market is showing that people realize Bitcoin is not as safe as a bet as Bitcoiners make it out to be, and people are diversifying their investment into different ALT coins like any sane non-subjective person would do.
i agree sir , i think about it so ..
Alt coins nowadays shows remarkable improvement and safe profit in them ,
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

Yes, Poeple Are Still Care about Bitcoin.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:27:12 PM

Typical altcoin FUD.

Alt coins are busy innovating and creating the future of Cryptocurrency, and Bitcoin development is moving at such a slow pace I don't think they will ever catch up.

Research carefully before jumping into the "altcoin of the day" (or week, or month, or whatever).  Change isn't always innovation or improvement, and can result in reduced security or increased risk.

The market is showing that people realize Bitcoin is not as safe as a bet as Bitcoiners make it out to be,

Like anything of value, there will always be some that overstate its value and others that understate it.  To group all "bitcoiners" together and try to make a generalization about what they believe, or claim, is to be blind to the wide range of positions of the participants.

and people are diversifying their investment into different ALT coins like any sane non-subjective person would do.

Or perhaps like any greedy gambler would do?  Diversification can be a good thing, but it is important to carefully choose your risk and potential rewards.  Blindly putting your money somewhere purely for the sake of "diversification" is a great way to lose a lot of money in the long run.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:33:12 PM

@danny

I guarantee you I am more of a expert on Alt coins than you are. I have spent countless hours researching them. I spend most of my time in the alt crypto subforum. You sit here repeating the same old arguments over and over, with no will to educate yourself, meanwhile remaining oblivious to what is actually happening in the real world. To you the only answer is Bitcoin, but luckily most people don't see it that way. Your huge pile of Bitcoins is affecting your ability to rationalize reality objectively. I own less than 1 Bitcoin worth of cryptocurrencies and can judge each Cryptocurrency on their own merits much more objectively than people like you.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

@danny

I guarantee you I am more of a expert on Alt coins than you are.

You certainly are very confident in your opinion of yourself.

I spend most of my time in the alt crypto subforum.

This does not surprise me.

You sit here repeating the same old arguments over and over

Only in response to the same old claims over and over.

remaining oblivious to what is actually happening in the real world.

I'm pretty well grounded in the "real world".  If you think that your "countless hours researching altcoins." and "time in the alt crypto subforum" make you less oblivious to the real world, then you and I have very different definitions of what the "real world" is.

To you the only answer is Bitcoin,

This is incorrect.  To me, Bitcoin is currently the best available answer to the question of a decentralized peer-to-peer crypto currency.  It is neither the "only" answer, nor is it guaranteed to always be the best answer.

but luckily most people don't see it that way.

You now speak for "most people"? You don't even understand how I "see it", and yet you are an expert on how "most people" see it?

Your huge pile of Bitcoins is affecting your ability to rationalize reality objectively.

I have a huge pile of bitcoins? Cool.  Where do I collect it?  I don't seem to have the private key.  Do you know where where I would get it from?

I've never been described as an irrational or unrealistic person before.  I may not be entirely objective, but then again it's pretty clear that you aren't either.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:22:58 PM

@Danny

I can tell by the things you say that you are not very knowledgable on what is happening in the alt coin scene in terms of technical innovation and improvements to the Bitcoin protocol, as there are many cryptos that are more technically advanced and better than Bitcoin. If you were then you would be able to admit that there are better options to Bitcoin, and the network effect and infrastructure is what is propping Bitcoin up at this moment in time. It is not that I am confident in the opinion of myself, it is that I am confident your opinion is heavily laced with ignorance and bias. If your opinion is not formed on ignorance and bias, then it is formed on stupidity... I would like to believe you are a smart guy as I generally try to think the best of people. What you refer to as ALT coin FUD is exactly what you are doing in terms of Alt coins, spreading Alt coin FUD, and you seem to have no interest in educating yourself.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:27:05 PM

@Danny

I can tell by the things you say that you are not very knowledgable on what is happening in the alt coin scene in terms of technical innovation and improvements to the Bitcoin protocol, as there are many cryptos that are more technically advanced and better than Bitcoin. If you were then you would be able to admit that there are better options to Bitcoin, and the network effect and infrastructure is what is propping Bitcoin up at this moment in time. It is not that I am confident in the opinion of myself, it is that I am confident your opinion is heavily laced with ignorance and bias. If your opinion is not formed on ignorance and bias, then it is formed on stupidity... I would like to believe you are a smart guy as I generally try to think the best of people. What you refer to as ALT coin FUD is exactly what you are doing in terms of Alt coins, spreading Alt coin FUD, and you seem to have no interest in educating yourself.

I'm sorry your scam coins didnt work out.

You dont have to come here and repeating the same shit . We get it, you invested heavily into altcoins. Can you just hang around in AltCoin section,? this is "Bitcoin Discussion".

What a joke you are.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:42:24 PM

You dont have to come here and repeating the same shit . We get it, you invested heavily into altcoins. Can you just hang around in AltCoin section,? this is "Bitcoin Discussion".

What a joke you are.

As if you know what I have invested in and not invested in.

We are discussing Bitcoin as it relates to Alt coins, so this is technically a "Bitcoin Discussion". If you don't like it, get bent.

The joke is on you.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

I can tell by the things you say that you are not very knowledgable on what is happening in the alt coin scene in terms of technical innovation and improvements to the Bitcoin protocol,

You keep saying this, and yet you fail to provide any evidence to back up your claims.

as there are many cryptos that are more technically advanced and better than Bitcoin.

Example of an existing crypto currency that is "better" along with an explanation about exactly what is "better" about it and why?

If you were then you would be able to admit that there are better options to Bitcoin,

I would, if I had seen any.

and the network effect and infrastructure is what is propping Bitcoin up at this moment in time.

That network effect and infrastructure are very difficult to overcome.  Even if there were an altcoin that was marginally better than Bitcoin, it wouldn't be enough to overcome that foothold.  It would probably have to be truly innovative and revolutionary.

It is not that I am confident in the opinion of myself, it is that I am confident your opinion is heavily laced with ignorance and bias.

You claim now to know what my knowledge, experience, and background are?

If your opinion is not formed on ignorance and bias, then it is formed on stupidity...

I never claimed to be intelligent.  Wink

My statements stand on their own merits.

I would like to believe you are a smart guy as I generally try to think the best of people.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

So, you're method of "thinking the best of people" is apparently to assume that they must be one of the following:

• They are ignorant
  • They are biased
  • They are stupid

Huh

I guess there can't possibly be any other reason that anyone would ever disagree with you?

What you refer to as ALT coin FUD is exactly what you are doing in terms of Alt coins, spreading Alt coin FUD, and you seem to have no interest in educating yourself.

I regularly educate myself.  I've tried to keep my statements on this matter as fact based as possible.  If that's FUD, I apologize.

ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:50:53 PM

the main problem is speculation
whales move the market and cause a high volatility
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:43:40 PM

What a joke you are.

As if you know what I have invested in and not invested in.

We are discussing Bitcoin as it relates to Alt coins, so this is technically a "Bitcoin Discussion". If you don't like it, get bent.

The joke is on you.

oh of course i dont "know" but its evidently enough from your constant..... Altcoins are better yo!

Yeah bitcoin discussion is where you come in and say, bitcoin will die because there are altcoins that "i believe" is better while you cant even say what better is.

Let me guess..... you cant mine bitcoin profitable anymore?
Jokes are still on you. Now go look at your Altcoins fortune and be happy.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:49:45 PM

Altcoin pumpers?

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

@Danny

You are ignorant, bias, or stupid. I am not sure which as it is impossible for me to tell. I don't say that about people until they give me reasons to believe that, as you have.

It is not my job to educate you, and I find it offensive you speak of things that you don't know anything about as.if you've done a.ton of research on the topic. Either you haven't done the research, or you are lying through your teeth.

I agree marginal or slight innovations will not be enough to overtake Bitcoin, but Aly coins as they exist are mostly making marginal innovations nonetheless. Those marginal innovations make them technically better than Bitcoin as they either fix a problem with Bitcoin or add a feature that Bitcoin doesn't have. Yet, some of these at coins are focused on improving upon the Bitcoin model in multiple innovative ways, it is these.cryptos that Bitcoin should be worried about as they are well on their way.to being revolutionary to the point they could dethrone it.

Since you are too lazy to do the research, I will outline the alt cryptocoins which have made improvements upon Bitcoin core feature set, and expanded upon the uses of block chain technology via adding adding features. I think some of the biggest innovations involve changing the way people think about money. Just as Bitcoin changed the way people think about money, some of these alternative uses for block chain technology will do the same. To be clear, I don't necessarily think these alt coins will overtake bitcoin due to its network effect and infastructure, nor do I think they are all or mostly good investments, but they are improvements upon Bitcoin nonetheless.

Crypto note coins, built in decentralized coin join implementations, stealth addresses implementations, and Zerocoin - Improve financial privacy and protect the end users from the dangers of poor financial privacy practices. Sure, Bitcoin can do some of the things I mentioned but they are not done by default and built into the client. Some people will never fully understand the dangers of poor financial privacy practices, so it is best that the protocol forces them to do it. Most Bitcoin implementations of these technologies require trusted third parties since they are not built directly into the protocol, and/or are not done automatically.

Aliases - making it easy to send and receive currency without the need for long nonsensical addresses. Again, it is possible for Bitcoin to implement this but most solutions I've seen rely on trusted third parties and.are not automatically done within the client.

Confirmation speeds - Some alts have been redesigned from the ground up to incur quicker block times faster than Bitcoin could without being completely redesigned. Some go much further than simply changing a line of code like Litecoin did.

Block chain bloat - By using ledgers and truncating the block chain after it reaches a certain size, some crypto have dramatically reduced the amount of data one would need.to download to run a full node, making it more likely people will do so.

Reducing exposure to volatility - Through the use.of decentralized assets that are market pegged to more stable currencies through a decentralized free market, allowing people to hedge against bubbles in a decentralized manner without trusted third parties and allowing the the benefits of cryptocurrency in the former of a stable currency.

The decentralized exchange of commodities which are also market pegged to the value of those commodities through a decentralized exchange without the need.of trusted.third parties

Decentralized asset exchanges which make it easy to receive funding for ideas and businesses without the regulations, taxes, and paperwork the legacy security system requires.

Truly deflationary cryptocoins - Whereas Bitcoin will be inflationary well past our entire lives, and the value of which is sustained through the inflow of new money into the ecosystem

Decentralized data storage - protecting our data and privacy better than trusted third parties can.

Decentralized programming languages - making it easier to program decentralized programs and services, lessening humanity's need to trust third parties.

A lot of things can be decentralized through the use.of block chain technologies and I'm not going to list them all.

Again, if you don't see at least some of these things as being improvements to Bitcoin or innovative, then it is because.of your own personal bias.or.stupidity. you can no longer claim ignorance now that I have lined it all out for you. I am only referencing a small portion of innovation that is happening within the alt coin space as well.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:09:39 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 11:20:34 PM by CoinHoarder

Altcoin pumpers?

I'm not an alt coin pumper, I am trying to get you guys to wake up and smell the coffee. I want Bitcoiners to put aside the ignorance and bias and realize Bitcoin is not perfect, and other cryptos are advancing in technology at a much quicker pace. A pace fast enough that Bitcoin could be supplanted. I would love nothing more if Bitcoin would want to innovate on top of Satoshi original innovation and stop being so set in your ways. In order for Bitcoin to remain competitive over the long run it will need to be innovative, improve upon its original features, and add new ones.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:41:52 PM

All the things you mentioned above does not worth my money to be put in. I'm still waiting for real true innovation over bitcoin for the end users, not slight pointless back ends improvements.

johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:42:09 PM

Since you are too lazy to do the research, I will outline the alt cryptocoins which have made improvements upon Bitcoin core feature set, and expanded upon the uses of block chain technology via adding adding features. I think some of the biggest innovations involve changing the way people think about money. Just as Bitcoin changed the way people think about money, some of these alternative uses for block chain technology will do the same. To be clear, I don't necessarily think these alt coins will overtake bitcoin due to its network effect and infastructure, nor do I think they are all or mostly good investments, but they are improvements upon Bitcoin nonetheless.

Crypto note coins, built in decentralized coin join implementations, stealth addresses implementations, and Zerocoin - Improve financial privacy and protect the end users from the dangers of poor financial privacy practices. Sure, Bitcoin can do some of the things I mentioned but they are not done by default and built into the client. Some people will never fully understand the dangers of poor financial privacy practices, so it is best that the protocol forces them to do it. Most Bitcoin implementations of these technologies require trusted third parties since they are not built directly into the protocol, and/or are not done automatically.
The blockchain as it is now provides a certain level of transparency that is not available with zerocoin. Your argument is that you want to protect people from themselves. However they have the right to make their own choices regarding privacy.
Aliases - making it easy to send and receive currency without the need for long nonsensical addresses. Again, it is possible for Bitcoin to implement this but most solutions I've seen rely on trusted third parties and.are not automatically done within the client.
This contradicts your above point. This is also horribly insecure and opens up a lot of possible scams. (people could make an alias that is similar to a major merchant or to a charity and get a lot of scamcoins as a result).
Confirmation speeds - Some alts have been redesigned from the ground up to incur quicker block times faster than Bitcoin could without being completely redesigned. Some go much further than simply changing a line of code like Litecoin did.
Faster confirmation speeds make the blockchain less secure. A unconfirmed transaction with bitcoin would be more secure then a 1 confirmation transaction with a 1 minute confirmation blockchain (this assumes that the hashrate is the same between the two blockchains, however miners would almost certainly favor the 10 minute blockchain due to a more acceptable expected value of orphans).
Block chain bloat - By using ledgers and truncating the block chain after it reaches a certain size, some crypto have dramatically reduced the amount of data one would need.to download to run a full node, making it more likely people will do so.
bitcoin is not at the point now that this is necessary. Most nodes are run on some kind of server withe the ability to easily and quickly download the blockchain.
Reducing exposure to volatility - Through the use.of decentralized assets that are market pegged to more stable currencies through a decentralized free market, allowing people to hedge against bubbles in a decentralized manner without trusted third parties and allowing the the benefits of cryptocurrency in the former of a stable currency.
This would not be an altcoin, it would be an IOU for the asset that backs the altcoin.
The decentralized exchange of commodities which are also market pegged to the value of those commodities through a decentralized exchange without the need.of trusted.third parties
I am not sure I follow this but I am sure (based on your other arguments) that it is a bad idea
Decentralized asset exchanges which make it easy to receive funding for ideas and businesses without the regulations, taxes, and paperwork the legacy security system requires.
All of the above are good for an economy in small, healthy amounts. If you were to have zero of the above then you would have an economy full of scams and streets full of "danger"/violent crime
Truly deflationary cryptocoins - Whereas Bitcoin will be inflationary well past our entire lives, and the value of which is sustained through the inflow of new money into the ecosystem
the only people who think deflation is a good thing in an economy does not have a good understanding of economics
Decentralized data storage - protecting our data and privacy better than trusted third parties can.

Decentralized programming languages - making it easier to program decentralized programs and services, lessening humanity's need to trust third parties.

A lot of things can be decentralized through the use.of block chain technologies and I'm not going to list them all.
it is not always best to have all functions decentralized. Sometimes it is good to have some central authority that can make changes based on the environment
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: