Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane in the membrane over Dwolla  (Read 989 times)
malcontente72 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 06:55:18 PM

I am officially at my wits wits wits end. Used Dwolla for the first time. Got the cash uploaded. Then it apparently wanted another bank. So I entered the routing and account number for a combo prepaid debit card/checking account I have. And waited. And waited. And I waited some more. SO I took the second bank off, and now it's just sitting there, listed as pending. When I act like I'm getting ready to withdraw it it asks me to what bank I want to send it. I'm getting tired of this vague system and its been about 8 hours. Would I be better off moving it out? can i add another account to move it to? or will it just go back into my checking account which I was somehow lucky enough to have Dwolla credit on an Instant basis. Just overwhelmed. Could I add one of my prepaid cards with the routing numbers and withdraw it to that and get it out of there? Heeeeeeelp. THanks in advance Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malcontente72 (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:31:53 PM

thanks for all your good help, experts.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 08:25:13 PM

Got the cash uploaded.

Cash "uploaded"?   Cash from where?  

What is it that you are trying to do?  Move money from a bank to an exchange, or the other way around?  
(i.e.,  Transferred from an exchange?   Funds obtained using Dwolla Instant? Or transferred to Dwolla from a Bank transfer?  Or a payment received from another Dwolla user perhaps?)

Then it apparently wanted another bank.

You only need one bank account linked to Dwolla.  Actually, you can do account-to-account (A2A) transfers to another Dwolla user without a bank account linked even (with a few exceptions, recently added.  See last paragraph of this message).

So I entered the routing and account number for a combo prepaid debit card/checking account I have. And waited. And waited. And I waited some more.

If you were in the process of linking a bank account, that will take up to five business days.

SO I took the second bank off, and now it's just sitting there, listed as pending.

Once you've started it, there's no "cancel" mechanism.  Dwolla is waiting on ACH to process the transaction with your bank.  I suppose if you never confirm the attempt to link an account (by telling Dwolla the amount it deposited to your bank account) it will expire eventually I suppose.  If you've removed the bank account before verifying it, obviously you'ld need to restart that process if you do eventually want to use it.

When I act like I'm getting ready to withdraw it it asks me to what bank I want to send it.

Until you have linked a bank account and gone through the verification steps, you can't withdraw your Dwolla funds to it.  It takes many days.  (Incidentally, PayPal, VenMo, Serve, etc, all use the same method for linking a bank account.)

Would I be better off moving it out? can i add another account to move it to?

You'ld need to wait the same amount of time to link a new account anywhere else as well.

So, your options are
a.) wait until you've successfully finished the verification with a new linked bank account (about five business days).
b.) trade your Dwolla USD with someone, e.g., on #bitcoin-otc marketplace  (though without an existing trust history, you might not find someone willing to do a trade.)
c.) wait (same as a. above)
d.) wait (same as a. above)

Since it is a new account, you probably won't be able to send the funds to a bitcoin exchange yet (Dwolla's new restrictions are that the linked bank account had to have been used to add funds at least 30 days prior to the account being useful for sending money to a Bitcoin exchange.)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

malcontente72 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 09:33:42 AM

Well, I understood that they wanted an additional account to add to my one account that I was pulling the funds from via ach. so i entered info from another checking account. they made their little deposits. I didn't check back on their site for over a 36 hours or so, and not only did they pull the money from my original checking account (which they said wouldn't happen until May 1 without another account to verify) they have suspended my account and won't reply to my attempts to reach them. What in the world? okay suspend me for whatever reason, but take my money?Huh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: