Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There are not even 100 people using Bitcoin in my Country.  (Read 2948 times)
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:43:58 PM

Other countries use it more.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitc0in (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:12:14 PM

Don't forget sometimes government prevent bitcoiner to exist..

yes.  they will kill.
I would highly doubt that any government would kill in order to prevent people from using bitcoin.

What the most oppressive governments try to restrict is freedom of speech and they do so by punishing people who express ideas in opposition to the government. Even these people are generally not killed by the government but rather imprisoned.
Abandoning from your own freedom is somewhat like being killed

There always lies a spark inside a cold heart!!
I am From Nepal<<Where Everest Lies>>
Satoshis??=1NYTHxvaqvoBVH5ttSpHv3TgdXGuRQMQZh
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

As much as developing countries can benefit from bitcoin, I'd lean toward not pushing it toward them until transaction volum increases and prices stabilize. Because if it is to truly be an international payment system like so many hope, it's volatility is going to need to go way down.  We in the developed world can put some savings into bitcoin, see the price fall, and replenish our savings from work. In the third world, savings don't exist like they do here - people moving from their local currency to bitcoin, only to see a significant drop will suffer to a much greater extent.

Bitcoins got potential. In the third world, it's biggest role is likely to be in he remittance market, just as an intermediate unit of account (sender buys bitcoins, sends to recipient in different country, who immediately redeems hose coins for local currency). I wonder how bitcoin stands currently - yes, transferring bitcoins is incredibly cheap, but when you factor in the spread from buying the coins on one side of the sea and the transaction, and selling for currency on the other side, how do those fees stack up compared to more traditional remittance schemes?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: