Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This captain is ready to go down with his ship.  (Read 4792 times)
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:56:58 PM

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

We already hit $376. It's been dropping in a step-like pattern for a few days, which I always see as a sign of continued downfall. Where exactly do you think it's going? Stay in fiat until it starts rising again - there's plenty of time to buy back in.

This. Although, I don't think we will see a 2-handle so you might have already weathered the worst of it.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:12:33 PM

We already hit $376. It's been dropping in a step-like pattern for a few days, which I always see as a sign of continued downfall. Where exactly do you think it's going? Stay in fiat until it starts rising again - there's plenty of time to buy back in.

My advice would be to stay way from exchanges and HODL.
Who knows if an exchange suddenly comes up short Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:30:02 PM

Bought BTC back in 11 13 2013 when we were at 410.

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

I would rather see BTC hit 0.00 then leave now.

I am a firm believer in the technology, which is still sound.

ETF will spark next rise.

We might hit 380 in the meantime but fuck it.

Time to double my holdings for less.

Thank you weak hands and trolls.

Good trader does not let emotion dictate his actions.

If you are really going to do what you stated here, you will become broke very quick.
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:52:59 PM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

Drop your false hope. The ETF doesn't matter, it's only another way for people to invest in a digital token, it's not an actual innovation to bitcoin and does nothing to make them more attractive to consumers. That's the number 1 problem right now. Outside of this community, nobody is buying bitcoins and using them for shopping. As much as people here evangelize it, there is no good reason for them to convert their cash to bitcoin.

Bitcoin is finished... you need to accept that reality. This isn't 2012: back then, bitcoin was only a play thing for nerds, but there was no actual infrastructure yet. Now we have merchant adoption, but no consumers! And governments are banning! The ship is going down, and you're playing your violin on the deck.

+1

Many people now know about bitcoin and they aren't interested in it. Most do not value it as a payment system. It is not winning the fight of payment systems. People are not "buying" bitcoin, literally or figuratively. It's time for other applications of blockchain technology besides currency.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

Adoption is the real issue. We need more people to adopt bitcoins and see them as viable. I think many people still feel that bitcoins are "fake money" and have no faith in bitcoins.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:00:22 PM

same plan here..

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:19:00 PM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

Drop your false hope. The ETF doesn't matter, it's only another way for people to invest in a digital token, it's not an actual innovation to bitcoin and does nothing to make them more attractive to consumers. That's the number 1 problem right now. Outside of this community, nobody is buying bitcoins and using them for shopping. As much as people here evangelize it, there is no good reason for them to convert their cash to bitcoin.

Bitcoin is finished... you need to accept that reality. This isn't 2012: back then, bitcoin was only a play thing for nerds, but there was no actual infrastructure yet. Now we have merchant adoption, but no consumers! And governments are banning! The ship is going down, and you're playing your violin on the deck.

+1

Many people now know about bitcoin and they aren't interested in it. Most do not value it as a payment system. It is not winning the fight of payment systems. People are not "buying" bitcoin, literally or figuratively. It's time for other applications of blockchain technology besides currency.

You'll be leaving the forum never to return then? .. Oh wait.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:25:14 PM

The sky is falling sell sell.
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:52:55 PM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

+1

Somebody needs to stick around to counter the idiots like you who are blind to all reason and logic and tell the new members to buy no matter what. If anyone here has listened to your advice, they would have lost pretty much everything by now! You are wrong in every single post you write, and yet you carry on every day like it's business as usual.

My advice: if you want to stay here, do everyone a favor and stop posting. Read, listen, and educate yourself about speculative markets.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

The sky is falling sell sell.

well went the opposite way of the panic horde ...if I'm going to be contrary may as well act on such

got 1 btc at $380.01 usd ...now we will see if KARMA gets me for my bold action and drives the price down further

(hey if is all gonna go beanie baby ...a certain amount of delusional fight back is needed don't ya know)

we will all know if my bet is correct or not here soonish

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:56:21 PM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

^This. Where BTC will be in a week or a month.. who knows.. But if you see an opportunity you'd be a fool not to take it!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:57:33 PM

got 1 btc at $380.01 usd ...now we will see if KARMA gets me for my bold action and drives the price down further

Wise choice. No matter if this dip will continue to low $300 or not, still an awesome buy-in price with a huge chances of at least doubling fiat value in less than a year.

i am satoshi
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:19:39 PM

Wise choice. No matter if this dip will continue to low $300 or not, still an awesome buy-in price with a huge chances of at least doubling fiat value in less than a year.

yeah most of my coin I will get this year and last year came from a knc jupiter last fall...so price has to go below $150 usd for me to start to hurt
on stuff made with that unit...

as to the price fall imho it is all the guys who got into bitcoin say from jan at what was it 990 or some such till this 380 price now...they are just saying
screw it...a lot jumped in when it was around 1100 usd and now a lot are gonna jump out at 380....as to the rest no idea but imho that is where the bulk
of folk are cashing out.....people last year..er not so much..people this summer getting in ..er not so much ...bulk is a loss of faith among the folks that
jumped in end of last year at the ATH and the price now was just too much ..they are out

not sure what this means for bitcoin...but WTF....as I've said before got to have something to talk about at the assisted living when they take all my
stuff away in the future and wheel me in ..don't ya know...so taking a frigging chance

of course if Bitcoin does not work out..I will become in the future as silent about how/why/when I was invested in it as if say at one time you sold Amway

best not to be mentioned at that point...if it all goes boom....PSTD Bitcoin related don't ya know if that happens Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:28:29 PM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

+1

No. But I will keep working on my non-currency blockchain related projects.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:37:22 AM

I'm more in favor of some big financial crysis somewhere in the world. Watch Argentina, seems to be the next on the list. Average Joes will then (finally) realise Bitcoin is the smart investment of them all.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:14:47 AM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

Wrong. The ETF is important as it will allow easy mainstream investment into bitcoin by the masses and speculative funds alike. For bitcoin to function as a global currency and investment class it needs to be worth more - actually a lot more. This will provide stability in the longer term.

The obvious question us why are you posting repeatedly on this forum if bitcoin 'is finished'? The answer of course is you are a sentiment troll..
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:01:51 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 11:30:23 AM by Bitcoins101

This. Although, I don't think we will see a 2-handle so you might have already weathered the worst of it.
It is possible that we spike back up to the $500 range in about the same timeframe it took us to get from $480 to $380 (only a couple days). It's kind of like what happened to Litecoin a few weeks ago - it dropped from over $5 to $3.50 in the same exact pattern that Bitcoin is following now, then spiked back up to nearly $6. I had a very large short position (too large for the exchange I was on, to tell you the truth - I was chasing sell orders trying to get out for hours and would have been able to get out still in the green if my position wasn't so overly large) on Litecoin at that time and went from +$4,000 at $3.50 to -$2,000 in half a day when I closed my short to prevent further losses, which sucked. I still think the only place Litecoin is going is $0, though. That short-term rise was really just caused by a few crazy Chinese whales and it looks like it's back in the toilet bowl now.

Alternatively, we may float in the $300-$400 range for awhile. I would agree that the large sell-offs for this week are over and I feel like this range is the new normal. We went from $650 being the norm, then to $500, and now all the way down to $400. I say we stick around here for a bit, then either have another crash in mid-October to the $200s or rise up to $700 again and beyond. If Bitcoin breaks out this winter, I expect it to follow the pattern it did in early January of this year - it rose from $450 to $700, and then started zooming up to $1,000. The only difference is that it will keep going if things are really looking strong. I think both $200 and $2,000 is more likely than $800 come January 1st - Bitcoin just doesn't have small and reasonable price changes.

My call? Stay in fiat for now. If another bull market starts (which we haven't had since 2013, in my opinion - even the January rise was really just hopeful speculators who weren't ready yet to accept the bear market), them get the hell in BTC. The market cap is only like $5.5B right now, which is really nothing for an economy this large and with plenty of growth potential. $5.5B doesn't seem like very much when you consider that companies like WhatsApp sell for $19B and Uber has a $10B+ valuation.

nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:25:54 PM

Then again at 540.

Then more at 600.

+1

Many people 'heard' about bitcoin but they aren't interested in it because they don't know what is Bitcoin. They think it's digital money. They think it's a payment system. They think it's a get rich quick ponzi scheme. The problem with bitcoin is that its concept is beyond the capability of most people to understand what it is. People just don't get it, that's why they're not buying
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:22:29 PM

I'm more in favor of some big financial crysis somewhere in the world. Watch Argentina, seems to be the next on the list. Average Joes will then (finally) realise Bitcoin is the smart investment of them all.

No, unfortunately, they won't. People are, generally, stupid, and the idea of decentralized money is complicated. Most people won't do even tiny bit of thinking to try and understand the idea. So they won't trust in bitcoin until it has a long proven track record and is considered "safe" on the morning shows, i.e. when they are told "it's ok to invest in it". Somebody trusted has to take the pain of thinking away from them Smiley

So no, they will see their fiat burn in flames and they will run to gold / us dollar / random stocks, not bitcoin. Not for several more years.

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: