Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC 4 Cellphones or How to turn old junk phones into 0.6 BTC (3$)  (Read 1363 times)
rampone (OP)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 12:52:22 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2012, 06:51:23 PM by rampone

Hello,

I have found a way to cash in your old mobile phones. I will pay you for your mobile phone. All you have to send it to me (addresses in Portugal, Germany, France and Belgium).

Requirements:

GSM or 3G Phone

Casing may not be physically broken, but scratches are okay. The phone must be complete, meaning it has to include casing, keypad, buttons, BATTERY and its cover. But it maybe "electronically" broken (does not start, battery wont charge, mic doesnt work etc).

Examples: Nokia 5110, Trium Astral, MOtorola Startac, old siemens phones, motorola razr, sony ericson, ericson, phillips, sagem ... all the junk phones you can think of, or newer phones that do not work anymore

If in doubt, if your phone(s) qualify, just ask.

I do not intend to give cashback/tradein for high value mobiles like iphone, this is more of a get rid of junk operation.

There is only a low extra payment for accessories, may not bew orth to send them.

Rate of payment (MTGOXUSDBTC equal):

3$ per Phone

(3$ includes shipping bonus, actual rate of 2 $ for each phone applies. Bonus of 1 $ per phone will only be paid until shipment price is covered. Example: You send me 17 phones. Your parcel costs you 12$. Then you will get 46$ (17 * 2$ = 34$ for the phones, and a bonus of 12*1$=12$ for shipment. If you would have sent me only 7 Phones, you would only get 14$ for the phones and 7$ for the shipment.)
If you would like to send a lot of phones, like 100+, 1k+ etc... please contact us for special rates.

Bitcoin will be paid at actual mtgox rate on the day on arrival.

Any more questions (where to send the phone to, etc) ask them here or via PM . You can find me on skype (rampone) also.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 05:38:18 AM

May I ask what you do, or what the company you resell them to does with the devices?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 12:50:08 PM

I would do this if the address were in the USA or you better compensated for the shipping cost.  The shipping cost is just too high to international addresses from the USA.  I have about 5 phones. 

rampone (OP)

dafq is goin on

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 02:39:41 PM

Hello ,

Garr255. I will not tell you the whole "secret", as it is part of the business. I can tell you the company via PM if you agree to nondisclosure.

But I can tell you this:
I will give them to a company, which is listed in Europe. They are telling, that they actually "search" them for usable parts to build new functioning phones or they will recycle them properly if not repairable.

If they send them to China to be recycled in a "harmful" unhealthy for the worker way, I would be surprised. At least I am not the one doing it, and if i ever hear of anything like that from that company: this project is gone.

Littleshop:

Sorry, so far its more a "european operation". But I am thinking about offering a US shipment address, but only time will show

In general: Ask us anything, even for a bit more compensation u can ask (and you might even get a better rate Wink.

Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
Nyaaan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 10:37:50 AM

Looks like a good idea
There are also US companies that do this, just so you know.
rampone (OP)

dafq is goin on

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 09:49:19 PM

@nyaan: I know I am not the first to have this idea Wink

@blazr: I need to recheck CDMA phone acceptance for the usual rate, but i am able to offer a bit for everything else (not much though). try to collect phones cheaply somewhere, sending one is not worth it, except u live near me/the adresses Wink

For the beginning we will offer             3$ per "accepted" phone      . We will also compensate you for the rest (not accepted phones, accessories etc.) but at a much lower rate though (6$ per kg cellphone (includes casing/electronics, battery in the low rate case not rewarded). chargers go into the cent per kg area. (1 pound = 0.45359237 kilograms). You have to check with shipping. international shipping rates are higher.

Probably best idea is trying to get old mobile phones with accesories for a low price, then you check for a scrap metal dealer in your area, dump stuff with him that is not worthy to send us, the worthy stuff  send to us.
(keep in mind, that rates are a bit negotiable Wink

(may i add, offer for now seems to be until the end of the year, but the high rate might be cancelled (i do not hope so, that would be bad for you as for me Wink

So long, ask ask ask, this business is in its baby phase, but works. If you need any reputation, I do not have a lot of reputation, but at least its positive. But as I am registered for almost a year now, I am probably not a scammer Wink

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 10:44:31 PM

he must have figured out how to get cellphones to mine bitcoins!!  Smiley
rampone (OP)

dafq is goin on

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 10:56:44 PM

*gaga: on*
yeahh, I have a special made board, which hashes through remotely playing snake on nokias. its a wire mess though, those old phones do not have bluetooth.

Therefore bitcoin hashing is secured forever, as we all know there is nothing in the world which is more indestructible then the old nokia phones Wink
*gaga: off*

haha  Tongue

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 12:09:03 AM

Talked to him on Skype, seems very legitimate.

This is not an endorsement or anything, but from what he showed me, it looks like a good idea.

Nyaaan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 04:22:47 AM

Talked to him on Skype, seems very legitimate.

This is not an endorsement or anything, but from what he showed me, it looks like a good idea.

Yes, this is a good idea, many people have old phones lying around, like me, and would like to monetize them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: