Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:31:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitminter bitcoin mining pool - shutdown mining 2020-07-01 website 2021-06-01  (Read 324654 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tahoewolfman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:05:17 AM

Yeah been showing zeros for a while, Double checked miners, double checked connectivity, miners report mining. bought new miners still zeros. Hoss something either going on with this pool or someone magically figured out how to spoof other peoples work as their own. So technically I've been working in your pool and receiving no credit. Been with you guys for a while but somebody is either lying or not doing something because the problems not on my end. It mines other pools fine. Leaving this pool, for now, somethings not right on your end. Argue all you want, but data doesn't lie.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigolin

Activity: 136
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:25:23 PM

Yeah been showing zeros for a while, Double checked miners, double checked connectivity, miners report mining. bought new miners still zeros. Hoss something either going on with this pool or someone magically figured out how to spoof other peoples work as their own. So technically I've been working in your pool and receiving no credit. Been with you guys for a while but somebody is either lying or not doing something because the problems not on my end. It mines other pools fine. Leaving this pool, for now, somethings not right on your end. Argue all you want, but data doesn't lie.

I assure you there is nothing wrong with this pool. Difficulty increases are just that, difficult. We have had two increases minimum on this block and about to pick up yet another. However, there are other pools having the exact same issue. It's not an issue with this pool. You can head to another pool and try your luck. Best of luck whatever you decide.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:46:21 PM

Do you mean your account shows zero work done? In that case you're probably not mining with a correct setup. Use the contact page on the website to ask for help and include the exact settings you are using (url and worker name).

Or do you mean that you haven't gotten any bitcoin yet? You will get bitcoin once someone in the pool has found a block. We're on an unlucky round right now. CDF is at 90% now - this means that in 90% of cases we would have found a block with the amount of work we have done so far. That's bad luck. This is how mining works; finding a block and getting bitcoins is a lottery - there is no progress and you never know in advance how much work you need to find another block. So you have some short rounds and some long rounds between blocks.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
tahoewolfman

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:46:27 PM

DrHaribo I mean zero work is done and Geir Hansen from the support team went seemed to ignore my request for support and tried to tell me how the website worked. I know how this pool pays out im saying is that my miners were connected and actively mining at normal speeds for days and none of the work was recorded. not the first time this has happened with this pool. I have my miners set on a battery grid and solar system. I monitor power consumption vs power gain and so far the set up works fine, although I had to vent the shed I placed them in. I forgot old lead batteries release hydrogen-sulfide if they are overcharged. Nothing with how they were set up was wrong. Nothing wrong with the miner themselves. Figure replace them anyway. New ones point them at the pool, correct worker name, all that. Miners report mining even at normal speeds power drain matches the workload of active miners. No alarms going off anywhere. No work is credited. For Days
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:06:45 PM

I am Geir Harald Hansen.

I have replied to your latest email with some data on your mining. A couple of your workers have work registered today. So work is being registered.

You can see your work in the current shift under "statistics" -> "live stats" in the website menu. This shift started yesterday and you have work in it.

Quick way to check if work is being registered on a worker: go to "my account" -> "workers" in the website menu. Look at the current work numbers. Wait a few minutes. Then click the "refresh" button and see if the numbers go up. Note for those mining on graphics cards or old USB sticks: wait some days instead of minutes.

tahoewolfman

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:07:45 PM

it's not like you need to worry my hashrate wasn't substantial, but they were way too many inconsistencies with the data from my miners to the data the website reflected. I've been mining crypto currency for a while and some inconsistency is expected but not what I'm seeing. in the long run, something felt off so I pulled my miners. Personal assurance means nothing to data.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:41:37 PM

Personal assurance means nothing to data.

Then tell me exactly which data you are talking about. You said no work was registered for days. Looking at one of your workers the closest thing I can find is 41 hours without work near the end of january. Is it this pause in mining that in your opinion should not be there?

I don't care if your hashrate was substantial or not. I'm working very hard to make the pool reliable and a good experience for everyone mining here.

We have been mining now for 6 years and 7 months. I am proud that Bitminter has been a reliable pool that most users have been happy with. I am always ready to look into any issue or suggestion for improvement. I don't ignore support requests.

If you are willing to answer some questions and trying some things then I'm ready to work with you to figure out what's going on.

tahoewolfman

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:11:11 AM

I figured out what went on. An associate of mine had 3 of my miners pointing at his pool and was essentially stealing miners from me. I was teaching him how to make solar arrays, for free I might add. I just now looked through my cameras because the miners that I thought were broken because of the data not adding up popped back online. Found him on my property and in the shed set up for the miners. Some of my equipment in his car. When I took the miners off the grid because I thought there was something wrong he went back to reattach the power to the ones to his pool. Needless to say, I've had a busy day changing locks. Can't bring me to have him arrested though, stupid kid. Since this would explain the huge variance in data I do apologize. I put the miners back up and I'm collecting data everything seems fine now. Some of the miners won't let me commit new changes so I'm working on those now. I'm just trying to figure out how he spoofed the miner pages. . . My fault for letting access through wifi but I figured it would save on space. I really am sorry.
MrZipster

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

I figured out what went on. An associate of mine had 3 of my miners pointing at his pool and was essentially stealing miners from me. I was teaching him how to make solar arrays, for free I might add. I just now looked through my cameras because the miners that I thought were broken because of the data not adding up popped back online. Found him on my property and in the shed set up for the miners. Some of my equipment in his car. When I took the miners off the grid because I thought there was something wrong he went back to reattach the power to the ones to his pool. Needless to say, I've had a busy day changing locks. Can't bring me to have him arrested though, stupid kid. Since this would explain the huge variance in data I do apologize. I put the miners back up and I'm collecting data everything seems fine now. Some of the miners won't let me commit new changes so I'm working on those now. I'm just trying to figure out how he spoofed the miner pages. . . My fault for letting access through wifi but I figured it would save on space. I really am sorry.

W

T

F....!?

:-)
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

1.Trust no one.
2.Trust but verify.
3.DrHaribo is trustworthy.

bigolin

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:50:48 PM

Glad we could get to the bottom of it with you. As I said previously, this pool is beyond reliable, helpful, and trustworthy. Glad you got the little snake wrapped up and taken care of. Time for a ton of password changes, lock changes, and of course, friendship changes.

Thanks for the commitment to all miners, big and small Dr.Haribo!
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

Damn. Who needs enemies when you can have friends like that. Sorry to hear this happened to you. But at least we know what happened.

tahoewolfman

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:45:53 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how he spoofed the pages and now I have to reflash the other miners because they won't let me commit changes. I used to work with Unix and Linux in the army. I know my way around, but I still can't figure out why it won't let me. I feel like a complete asshat thinking that this was another pool that falsely reported work I will also admit that this is the first pool I've been in that's been straightforward and 100% legit.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:04:38 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how he spoofed the pages and now I have to reflash the other miners because they won't let me commit changes. I used to work with Unix and Linux in the army. I know my way around, but I still can't figure out why it won't let me. I feel like a complete asshat thinking that this was another pool that falsely reported work I will also admit that this is the first pool I've been in that's been straightforward and 100% legit.

You could probably reset them to factory and start from there.

And for that kiddo, make sure he doesn't forget what he did to you.
bigolin

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:16:56 AM

You could probably reset them to factory and start from there.

And for that kiddo, make sure he doesn't forget what he did to you.

Also another bit of advice, change the IP addresses they are registered to in case he is using something like Awesome Miner with priveleged access.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:48:56 AM

You might want to reset your router to factory defaults as well, and reconfigure your whole network from the ground up.
tahoewolfman

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:01:12 PM

You might want to reset your router to factory defaults as well, and reconfigure your whole network from the ground up.
Pretty much what i'm doing and I am reflashing them simply for the same reason. No chances. I am also replacing the router with something a little more secure. The odd part was the spoofing but im starting to see that it was mimicking the data of the other miners on the miner page but kept the miners identifiers. It was the website that brought the change to my attention and for that I am thankful.
bwstacker

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:32:00 PM

Think we will go 100% + on this one guys.   Sad
jlrx81

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:11:37 AM

Well as much as this block sucks, we had a really nice run during the holiday season, and at that bitcoin price, it was a very good holiday indeed. So hopefully we can get back to that.
bwstacker

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:43:52 PM

Doc is it very hard to set up merge mining. I know we mine Namecoin. But We could make a little more money if we were to merge mine other coins at same time. Crown for one. Plus huntercoin is merge  minable. Rgere is a few that I have seen. Huntercoin been the most useable coin though. It is used to play a game that is built inside the Huntercoin wallet. Kind of neat really.. There are others too. It is just idea. It may help pay electric bill when we are in bad luck blocks. We would have some pay. It would be better than a big 0. Just idea. I myself don't know anythimg about setting up a pool. So I will not be of any help to you. If I did, I would help you any way I could. You good man Doc. Thanks for all that you have done for the Bitcoin commmunity.

It is just idea. A lot of work probably.

Well enough  my jibber gabing. Have a good day doc man.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: