Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin advertising on the World Poker Tour!  (Read 8862 times)
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 11:15:00 AM

I suggest the "I use coins" t-shirt.
 http://www.iusecoins.com/
It has both the logo and the bitcoin.org address.

I own one myself and use it regularly. The quality is good and its amazing how many random people approach me to ask about bitcoin, when I wear it. (I try to always wear it when I fly.)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rastapool

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 12:19:31 PM

"www."? 2012 outside, man.
Besides, www.bitcoin.org is just redirect on bitcoin.org.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Napster is down - this is the END of illegal file sharing!
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 12:21:31 AM

may I humbly submit our Seals Tshirt:

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 12:48:35 AM

I wouldn't exactly call 3300X2364 humble!

Still around.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 12:55:03 AM

may I humbly submit our Seals Tshirt:

I wouldn't exactly call 3300X2364 humble!
Hey, it's their bandwidth, I don't care. Grin

Nice design though.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 03:38:23 AM

He's gonna wear a Bitinstant shirt  Smiley

If we're going to go with BitInstant, we need a live LCD tshirt playing the "Why Wait" video. 8D

You guys missed the mark by a mile. Let me see if I can help. About 90% of the poker players are male. 98% of them are straight males. Straight males like sexy women. See where I'm going with this here? Thought so. Fire up the the LadyBytes video.

~Bruno~
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 03:44:57 AM

a live LCD tshirt playing the "Why Wait" video. 8D

You guys missed the mark by a mile.

I don't think we missed it at all.

Proofer

Activity: 266
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 04:09:28 AM

Only six entrants make the televised final table and get significant TV exposure.  The chance of any single entrant, whether pro or amateur, making the final six is quite small.  However, more entrants will get very brief coverage in the "color" portion of play leading up to the final table.

There are rules limiting "sponsorship logos" that may be worn at the final table.  Some of the suggestions here might be considered "sponsorship logos" and some not.

The tournament starts on May 19.  The final "TV" table will be recorded on May 26.
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 05:50:18 AM

Tuxavant was nice enough to ship 8 shirts:

If people have other physical shirts that they are ready to ship right away,  I'm happy to provide the shipping address.
Moon can decide for himself which of the shirts he wants to wear.
Just PM / Email me asking for the address.

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 12:21:48 PM

Due to the DOJ repeal of the wire act pertaining to online poker it might and probably is legal to play online poker for U.S. citizens.  All you have to do is find a poker room that accepts player to player transfers.  Merge, Bodog, Cake I don't think allow these transfers.  But a good BTC business would be a middle man of BTC to poker site transfers.   Make the business, then advertise those shirts on tv.  I say this because I think it is 100% legal, however consult your lawyer.  Also have a rakeback system in-place to make more money and lower fees.  I just want to play internationally again with my right as an American to pursue happiness.

iirc there was never anything illegal about online poker in the US, only that it became illegal to cash out your winnings through certian channels like credit cards.

How big is the biggest Bitcoin poker site? They should have an IPO on glbse and use the money to run an ad on any widely publicized poker tournament.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 12:40:41 PM

Don't forget a hat:

http://www.cafepress.com/+bitcoin+hats-caps

I think the word bitcoin on the shirt with the "B" logo on a hat would be awesome.  If he gets the shirt pulled, then the hat will live on hopefully.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 12:53:51 PM

Only six entrants make the televised final table and get significant TV exposure.  The chance of any single entrant, whether pro or amateur, making the final six is quite small.  However, more entrants will get very brief coverage in the "color" portion of play leading up to the final table.

There are rules limiting "sponsorship logos" that may be worn at the final table.  Some of the suggestions here might be considered "sponsorship logos" and some not.

The tournament starts on May 19.  The final "TV" table will be recorded on May 26.
Holy shit that is a stringent set of regulations. All logos have to be pre-approved, no more than 2 people can wear the same logo, max 2 logos from different unrelated companies per person, no logos on hats or anywhere other than left or right breast and sleeve, maximum 6 square inches of logo size, etc.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:10:48 PM

Only six entrants make the televised final table and get significant TV exposure.  The chance of any single entrant, whether pro or amateur, making the final six is quite small.  However, more entrants will get very brief coverage in the "color" portion of play leading up to the final table.

There are rules limiting "sponsorship logos" that may be worn at the final table.  Some of the suggestions here might be considered "sponsorship logos" and some not.

The tournament starts on May 19.  The final "TV" table will be recorded on May 26.
Holy shit that is a stringent set of regulations. All logos have to be pre-approved, no more than 2 people can wear the same logo, max 2 logos from different unrelated companies per person, no logos on hats or anywhere other than left or right breast and sleeve, maximum 6 square inches of logo size, etc.

Welcome to the land of the fre... euh the land of the lords Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:14:49 PM

iirc there was never anything illegal about online poker in the US, only that it became illegal to cash out your winnings through certian channels like credit cards.

Well more technical even that was never illegal for players.  The UIGEA made it illegal for banks, credits cards, and other financial institutions (western union, paypal, etc) to process cashflows (deposits or withdrawals) for the purposes of facilitating online gambling (except state sponsored horse racing, and lotteries).  

It was also illegal for companies to offer online gaming sites which accepted real money wagers by US players (either by action or inaction).

It was never illegal for players to deposit, play, win, lose, or withdrawal any funds at any time.  
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:16:54 PM

Welcome to the land of the fre... euh the land of the lords Smiley

Meh.  Don't private property holders have the FREEDOM to set the rules for their property?  If the WPT wanted to require every person play in WPT uniform that is certainly their right and isn't constraining anyone's freedom.  People have the freedom to not play.  If WPT rules ever get to heavy handed players will choose to play in other tournaments.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 02:26:21 PM

Darn, sounds like my hat idea is out then... Think they'd recognize the "B" for bitcoin?  Are you allowed to wear a baseball cap?  You could claim it was a Justin Beiber hat... haha

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:16:37 PM

Anyone attend?  Did they wear Bitcoin shirts? 

Pics?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 11:09:20 PM

http://www.worldpokertour.com/Live_Updates/Live.aspx?c=all

That's all I got.

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 11:40:14 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 04:01:46 AM by MemoryDealers

http://www.worldpokertour.com/Live_Updates/Player_Profile.aspx?pl={A8A590BC-7B46-498E-9697-9D810B35147E}&q={DD781581-E9DD-4213-B75E-7C5933D8FC30}

I will an actual photo tomorrow.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 03:25:23 AM

This thread makes me miss poker so much. I've spent a dozen years of my life doing nothing but play poker in Tunica, Biloxi and Vegas, and online. I've cashed out in many tournaments, live and online, going deep a couple times on major event online. And to think it all started at the El Cortez in Las Vegas in 1994 after leaving Houston.

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: