Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - no block in 8 hours.  (Read 1754 times)
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:58:48 PM

What if blockchain.info goes down is my wallet lost then ?

unless you have a backup.

I dont have any backup of my wallet. I only have the private keys written. Am I safe ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 10:05:15 PM

I dont have any backup of my wallet. I only have the private keys written. Am I safe ?

There are a lot of if's here, but if you're sure it's your private keys that you wrote down, and if you're sure there are no typos, and if you never add any new receiving addresses to your wallet, than you should be safe.

Edited to add: and also if they're either unencrypted, or you are sure you know their password.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 10:07:45 PM

There are a lot of if's here, but if you're sure it's your private keys that you wrote down, and if you're sure there are no typos, and if you never add any new receiving addresses to your wallet, than you should be safe.
I had the same thought:  are you very sure you know you have your private key written down and not something else (public key, Bitcoin address, etc.)?  Also you must have all of your private keys, not just one.

Where did you get this number you are calling your private key?  How did you get it from the blockchain.info web site?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:20:23 PM

Edited to add: and also if they're either unencrypted, or you are sure you know their password.
I had the same thought:  are you very sure you know you have your private key written down and not something else (public key, Bitcoin address, etc.)?  Also you must have all of your private keys, not just one.

Where did you get this number you are calling your private key?  How did you get it from the blockchain.info web site?

I should not have used the word written as I have not literally written them down anything with pen and paper. I'm not very sure what encrypted/decrypted things u r talking about regarding private key. I have used only one address on blockchain.info and have downloaded the paper wallet, which is a PDF doc, from their wallet dash board. That PDF has the address and the private key written on it.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

Where did you get this number you are calling your private key?  How did you get it from the blockchain.info web site?

I should not have used the word written as I have not literally written them down anything with pen and paper. I'm not very sure what encrypted/decrypted things u r talking about regarding private key. I have used only one address on blockchain.info and have downloaded the paper wallet, which is a PDF doc, from their wallet dash board. That PDF has the address and the private key written on it.
If all true you are golden then, that one private key is all you need and you can sweep it into any wallet on the market pretty much.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: