Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ PAYING 33-53 BTC ] Create a Graphical Introduction to Bitcoin Thread  (Read 3199 times)
R- (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 02:49:04 PM

Hello,
 I am looking for someone to create an introduction to Bitcoin primer. It will be formatted for a forum, which means you will use BBcode when formatting the post.

*Your audience will be a group ages 12-16 years old. That means, I do not want LOTS OF references to a crypto-currencies and salt hashes. Using metpahors and anologies will be your best weapon in explaining what Bitcoin is. At the bottom you can put, if you would like a more technical introduction to Bitcoin click here:

The thread you make must be very professional looking. That means, I would like each section divided by a cool graphic (icon or other) with the title of each section as a .jpg in interesting font. If you wish, you can make the entire thread one big graphic so you can customize it to your liking.
 This thread should be very picture heavy.

Required sections (however, there will be more that you will come up with).
-What is Bitcoin?
-How is it different than other currencies , versus Fiat, versus LR$, versus PayPal??
-Why People use Bitcoin?
  > Pros/cons
-How can I get Bitcoins (exchanges, free giveaways etc.)
-Where do I store my Bitcoins (links to ewallets and bitcoin-qt) ?
-What can I buy with Bitcoins (only list the popular ones)?
-How the is price of a Bitcoin determined?
-FAQ (remember your target audience
-Technical introduction to Bitcoin (Audience of 18+)

Each section will be max 8 sentences long.

You can draw inspiritation from these threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0%5b/url
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9430.0
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getting_started
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths

Questions? > PM me.

Regards,
Robert

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:34:53 PM

Why not thoroughly educate the youth?

The "Technical info (18+)" is kind of insulting as well.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 07:29:21 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2012, 08:17:16 PM by Mushroomized

working on this, is the technical part optional?
https://i.imgur.com/gG2j1.jpg
Ill make it look better, just want to set out a structure for now. I need to add a few more sections when I can.

hi
Nyaaan

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 10:41:36 AM

Mushroom maybe you should change the font and color.
it looks good, maybe he will pay you!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 04:12:53 PM

Oh god I am so confused right now

hi
R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 04:13:23 PM

Huh?
Nyaaan

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 04:44:16 AM

Simple english translation: the font and color are bad. Change them.
Liam W

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 05:57:24 AM

Why not thoroughly educate the youth?

The "Technical info (18+)" is kind of insulting as well.

I completely agree! I am 14 an I am interested in the technical side of it! How insulting!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:10:06 PM

Simple english translation: the font and color are bad. Change them.

Mushroom is a master of 8-bit art, asking him to change that might not be his style.
That was a mock up! Also, I'm slightly color blind so forgive me for the awful colors. I'm working right now together to create the graphic Tongue

hi
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 12:42:54 AM

I'm 16 years old, and got into Bitcoin when I was 15 years old. Granted I've been programming, doing server administration, and the likes for years and years, but I was able to understand the technical aspect of it.

That said, it isn't necessary to understand the technical side of it, and is in fact a turn-off to a lot of people. It makes Bitcoin seem "geeky" and only for tech guys. If the person is really interested in the technical side of it, they can learn that after the fact.

Just introduce them to Bitcoin, I say. But then, this isn't my bounty.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:44:01 AM

I'm 16 years old, and got into Bitcoin when I was 15 years old. Granted I've been programming, doing server administration, and the likes for years and years, but I was able to understand the technical aspect of it.

That said, it isn't necessary to understand the technical side of it, and is in fact a turn-off to a lot of people. It makes Bitcoin seem "geeky" and only for tech guys. If the person is really interested in the technical side of it, they can learn that after the fact.

+1, you nailed it.

Unfortunately, computer geeks typically aren't too great at psychology which is the basis for effective marketing.

People like to feel safe, secure, loved, cool, sexy, excited, etc.

Nobody gives a shit about C++ or linux or FPGAs or cryptography.

But, if you can convince someone that using Bitcoin makes them cooler and sexier, then you have a winner.  When you have an unbelievably awesome product and you market it inappropriately, you end up where TiVo is.
Nyaaan

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 02:15:39 PM

+1, you nailed it.

Unfortunately, computer geeks typically aren't too great at psychology which is the basis for effective marketing.

But, if you can convince someone that using Bitcoin makes them cooler and sexier, then you have a winner.  When you have an unbelievably awesome product and you market it inappropriately, you end up where TiVo is.

Why would cryptocurrency be cool or sexy?

I don't see even the most hardcore Bitcoin fans in lingerie running around showing off their wallet.dat swag.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 04:17:17 PM

+1, you nailed it.

I don't see even the most hardcore Bitcoin fans in lingerie running around showing off their wallet.dat swag.

You know, you're right.  And since you're on the right track, why don't you tell all those beer, toothpaste, car, gum, cigarette, shoe, etc. advertisers that they don't know what they're doing.  Seriously, why would beer or cigarettes or shoes ever be sexy?

And for the love of god, tell Bit-Pay to get rid of that uninteresting chick who draws absolutely no attention whatsoever.  Wtf were they thinking?!?!?!
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 04:30:35 PM

I might be down for this if the OP is still serious about it. I have graphic design experience and my favorite kind is technical explanations and break downs. I can make something very elegant, simple, stylish, and consumable. If so please confirm so I know I am not wasting my time, thanks.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 12:59:31 AM

I talked to Mush and he told me you guys were talking in PM. Since we are friendly we made an agreement that since he says he is almost already done I won't butt in until you can have a look at his final product. If you think that his final product could be improved upon please tell me and I will begin work. I am extremely proficient about infographics and can make something that functions as well as looks beautiful. I have already sold a design to Littleshop here on this forum. When Mush's design is finished, and if you think you would like something better please let me know and I will get right on it!
Nyaaan

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 09:44:18 AM

+1, you nailed it.

You know, you're right.  And since you're on the right track, why don't you tell all those beer, toothpaste, car, gum, cigarette, shoe, etc. advertisers that they don't know what they're doing.  Seriously, why would beer or cigarettes or shoes ever be sexy?

And for the love of god, tell Bit-Pay to get rid of that uninteresting chick who draws absolutely no attention whatsoever.  Wtf were they thinking?!?!?!

okay, you can go hire your own pretty model who wears shoes and smokes and drinks.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 02:12:29 PM

+1, you nailed it.

okay, you can go hire your own pretty model who wears shoes and smokes and drinks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:31:12 AM

What a bewildering concept!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 08:16:43 AM

Let us get back on topic.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:31:15 PM

We are working on it through pm right now...  slowly but surely...

hi
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: