Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 12:05:50 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 ... 1542 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [25+PH] KanoPool kano.is NO FEE TIL 2018 PPLNS US,DE,SG,JP,NL,NYA 🐈  (Read 4913663 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NomadGroup

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 06:36:14 PM

Perhaps it's me and I need to apologies to you guys.

I've been mining on the pool since Thursday and we've only found 2 blocks, prior to me pointing my miners at the pool it looked like things were travelling along quite nicely.

I am sooo glad you are taking the blame.

I started Tuesday and I thought I was the reason why  Roll Eyes

Even though I (we) are off to a slow start, from what I can tell and read, I am glad I chose this pool.

I am also going to double my Th/s in a about 2 days, when my 2nd R4 arrives..now I am a double sized small home (newbie) miner!

It's all good guys!  Hopefully we'll be back on track soon.  Although I'm starting to have my doubts after the diff jump!  Undecided.  Let's hope that when your second R4 arrives it brings us back some green luck! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ComputerGenie

Activity: 462

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:31:10 PM

...He cancelled my access to the ckpool git that has more code in it by me than by him.
He cancelled my write access to cgminer.
He removed my op privs in the #ckpool channel and #cgminer channel ....
Don't you just hate it when someone abuses their abilities like that. Pot, meet Kettle Grin

If you have to ask why, you wouldn`t understand my answer.
firetreeactual

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:06:03 PM

FWIW...both of these guys are geniuses, and both are strong personalities (goes with the territory...trust me). I've followed both for some time. I've seen this coming for a while.

None of us has any business calling Kano, or Con, or any other miner anything but brother (or sister...I'm not the only woman miner on this pool, btw...). Every damn one of us has baggage...some more than others, some handle it differently than others. Let it go.

We all owe both of them for their contributions over the years.

Mine on.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
miner0007

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:07:39 PM

Kano -  who actually runs CKPool at the moment?  You said CK has some CKPool code that is not released yet, so if he in charge of the pool and releases stuff or are you?  I am new, can you give me some back ground?

Lisk - Javascript Blockchain Development Platform
Get more info below if you want to earn MONEY with Lisk
                    https://liskelite.com
kano
Legendary

Activity: 2268

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:57:47 PM

Kano -  who actually runs CKPool at the moment?  You said CK has some CKPool code that is not released yet, so if he in charge of the pool and releases stuff or are you?  I am new, can you give me some back ground?
I've run this pool myself since I started it.
I've decided what code runs on the pool.
-ck has had minimal access to the pool on and off for 2 years (and no more)

He owns the CKPool public git - which effectively means nothing for the pool any more, since anyone can read (and fork) the public git.
I have my own private git I created a few weeks ago which I use for the pool.

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:05:06 PM

...He cancelled my access to the ckpool git that has more code in it by me than by him.
He cancelled my write access to cgminer.
He removed my op privs in the #ckpool channel and #cgminer channel ....
Don't you just hate it when someone abuses their abilities like that. Pot, meet Kettle Grin
No, my first reply to you (that is still there) explained in one line why your math comments were wrong.
I assumed you were is some way knowledgeable of the subject so my first reply was brief in pointing out why you were wrong.

You continuously posted incorrect posts about it, even after I told you to stop - and I guess you didn't bother to read what the forum states about that in the PM you get when I delete a post.
I even ended up writing a no-brain-required explanation - and you still kept posting, so I kept deleting.

If you can't get over the fact you were wrong and keep doing these posts about it, this being the second one since then, then I'll go back to deleting all your posts - they are annoying and no one wants to read them.

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:48:50 AM

FWIW...both of these guys are geniuses, and both are strong personalities (goes with the territory...trust me). I've followed both for some time. I've seen this coming for a while.

None of us has any business calling Kano, or Con, or any other miner anything but brother (or sister...I'm not the only woman miner on this pool, btw...). Every damn one of us has baggage...some more than others, some handle it differently than others. Let it go.

We all owe both of them for their contributions over the years.

Mine on.

As Donald would say : "sad"  A poor attempt to be funny on my part rather then face the fact it really is sad.

I mined with ck and kano for years this disturbs me quite a bit  to see the "team" split

and to see someone gloat over a tragic break up. Well like I said C. Genie is a world class troll

The kano and to con sorry this happened here is to better days for us all.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
elokk

Activity: 413

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 02:37:33 AM

Maybe if Yoshi aka BitmainWarranty spent less time supporting a MLM scam, he could dedicate more time to answering the phone, returning calls/emails, and actually fixing everyones junk Bitmain products in a timely fashion.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:40:21 AM

Maybe if Yoshi aka BitmainWarranty spent less time supporting a MLM scam, he could dedicate more time to answering the phone, returning calls/emails, and actually fixing everyones junk Bitmain products in a timely fashion.

pardon my lack of knowledge what is the MLM scam   and feel free to pm me rather then crowd this thread.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
miner0007

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:50:42 AM

I am running a very slow antrouter on stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 and I am getting something like 1 accepted and 4450 discarded in about 1.5 hours of running.  Am I doing something wrong?  will it eventually adjust difficulty to get me more accepted?  Can I force it to use lower difficulty?

wmabern

Activity: 658

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:55:31 AM

I am running a very slow antrouter on stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 and I am getting something like 1 accepted and 4450 rejected in about 1.5 hours of running.  Am I doing something wrong?  will it eventually adjust difficulty to get me more accepted?  Can I force it to use lower difficulty?

I don't have a good answer for you as I have never owned one of those. But I would take a wild guess and say you will probably never see any payout from this.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Moria843

Activity: 417

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:58:15 AM

Can't help because not familiar with antrouter. But I can wish you luck, you'll need a lot of it.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
miner0007

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:00:40 AM

I am running a very slow antrouter on stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 and I am getting something like 1 accepted and 4450 rejected in about 1.5 hours of running.  Am I doing something wrong?  will it eventually adjust difficulty to get me more accepted?  Can I force it to use lower difficulty?

I don't have a good answer for you as I have never owned one of those. But I would take a wild guess and say you will probably never see any payout from this.

Yeah, I figured that much Smiley by the way, not Rejected as I initially stated but Discarded.  I was on AntPool Solo mining and it works fine there with lots of accepted, not sure why solo.ckpool is giving me such a small accepted rate. like 1 every 2 hours Sad  I guess I will have to switch back to AntPool

----->>>>> NEVERMIND it is picking up speed, I guess it takes a while and it adjusts it's difficulty based on your miner
----->>>>> Looking good... Hooray, I get to stay with ckpool.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:07:09 AM

I am running a very slow antrouter on stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 and I am getting something like 1 accepted and 4450 rejected in about 1.5 hours of running.  Am I doing something wrong?  will it eventually adjust difficulty to get me more accepted?  Can I force it to use lower difficulty?

Yeah, I figured that much Smiley by the way, not Rejected as I initially stated but Discarded.  I was on AntPool Solo mining and it works fine there with lots of accepted, not sure why solo.ckpool is giving me such a small accepted rate. like 1 every 2 hours Sad  I guess I will have to switch back to AntPool
Discarded means nothing.
It's just work that cgminer generated for the miner but wasn't used.
It has almost zero effect other than the effort of generating it, which is minimal and has no effect on the hash rate.

Your accepted rate on solo means nothing also unless you find a block.
Accepted shares on solo count for zero unless they are a block - on solo they are purely to show you that your miner is working, and nothing more.
How many you find will depend on the work difficulty - which again doesn't matter - but if you use a small miner, then the work difficulty will probably start high and thus you wont find many shares for a while - though again those shares are worth nothing unless you find a block.

Edit: there's an important difference between solo mining and pool mining.
In solo the shares mean nothing, but when you find a block you get it all (less a fee)
In pool mining, each share represents a reward, but if you find a block, it is shared with everyone on the pool ~based on their hashrate.

wmabern

Activity: 658

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:07:29 AM

Yeah, I figured that much Smiley by the way, not Rejected as I initially stated but Discarded.  I was on AntPool Solo mining and it works fine there with lots of accepted, not sure why solo.ckpool is giving me such a small accepted rate. like 1 every 2 hours Sad  I guess I will have to switch back to AntPool

Look in the "Hardware" thread. There is a thread under that with many pages just on the Antrouter. You will probably find whatever answers you seek from there.
Good luck.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
miner0007

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:13:32 AM

I am running a very slow antrouter on stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 and I am getting something like 1 accepted and 4450 rejected in about 1.5 hours of running.  Am I doing something wrong?  will it eventually adjust difficulty to get me more accepted?  Can I force it to use lower difficulty?

Yeah, I figured that much Smiley by the way, not Rejected as I initially stated but Discarded.  I was on AntPool Solo mining and it works fine there with lots of accepted, not sure why solo.ckpool is giving me such a small accepted rate. like 1 every 2 hours Sad  I guess I will have to switch back to AntPool
Discarded means nothing.
It's just work that cgminer generated for the miner but wasn't used.
It has almost zero effect other than the effort of generating it, which is minimal and has no effect on the hash rate.

Your accepted rate on solo means nothing also unless you find a block.
Accepted shares on solo count for zero unless they are a block - on solo they are purely to show you that your miner is working, and nothing more.
How many you find will depend on the work difficulty - which again doesn't matter - but if you use a small miner, then the work difficulty will probably start high and thus you wont find many shares for a while - though again those shares are worth nothing unless you find a block.

Edit: there's an important difference between solo mining and pool mining.
In solo the shares mean nothing, but when you find a block you get it all (less a fee)
In pool mining, each share represents a reward, but if you find a block, it is shared with everyone on the pool ~based on their hashrate.

Understook, thanks for all the info - by the way, yeap, my accepted rate is going up as the difficulty rate for my miner is going down but as you said, it really means nothing... Thanks

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:03:51 AM

... then I'll go back to deleting all your posts - they are annoying and no one wants to read them.

Translation:
"I'll show you, I'll spend an hour deleting posts from pages that everyone skips over anyway. You'll learn the depths of my narcissism by my labors of proving that I'm important in my own mind."

At least learn to quote properly:
If you can't get over the fact you were wrong and keep doing these posts about it, this being the second one since then, then I'll go back to deleting all your posts - they are annoying and no one wants to read them.

Yeah OK, sorry the post about the change in git access and source was all about you ... sorry I forgot to include you in that important post, your narcissistic majesty.

xxxgeniy

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:53:18 AM

block! by luckyant! with 1,893.53THs ) 12 block in Acclaim Board! First Block Today!  Grin

St.Lapland Farm
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:59:07 AM

block! by luckyant! with 1,893.53THs ) 12 block in Acclaim Board! First Block Today!  Grin
S9v2 ... damn I was wondering if that block would ever show up ... finally.

jstew

Activity: 483

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:07:46 AM

kano how would mining over a 4g lte cell connection affect anything?

im not actually mining on the pool right now , but seriously considering switching back , or splitting my hashpower up between a few pools
last time i was on the pool i had a bunch of rejected shares and i was just wondering if its because of my backup lte connection that im using for the time being , or if i just had other network issues going on
Pages: « 1 ... 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 ... 1542 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.