Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:33:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 ... 2247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5349823 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:22:06 PM

It's ok to send it to an Exchange, well I'm my case it is Volabit ( not sure if it's considered an exchange).  I just let the BTC accumulate there until I get like a 0.5 or 1 BTC and then I transfer them to the hardware wallet (if I don't sell them right there and then).  I think it is completely fine just don't keep too much BTC there, I personally don't let it go over 1 BTC.  For me Volabit works the best, I like the page layout, notifications and they charge me barely anything for pulling my BTC out.  I've never had a problem with any of the transfers from them, and it Has been always very quick for me! Smiley

I'm a little confused, why don't you just have the mining rewards go straight to your hardware wallet?

-Tamerz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxxgeniy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:23:28 PM

Great Miners! Go Go Kano!

Yesterday  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin    VS   Grin Grin Grin Grin Today

8 Blocks/24H by Blocktrail

St.Lapland Farm
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:56:53 PM

Great Miners! Go Go Kano!

Yesterday  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin    VS   Grin Grin Grin Grin Today

8 Blocks/24H by Blocktrail

This is a great way to close out the month of May! Grin
NomadGroup

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:13:25 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 01:24:43 PM by NomadGroup

It's ok to send it to an Exchange, well I'm my case it is Volabit ( not sure if it's considered an exchange).  I just let the BTC accumulate there until I get like a 0.5 or 1 BTC and then I transfer them to the hardware wallet (if I don't sell them right there and then).  I think it is completely fine just don't keep too much BTC there, I personally don't let it go over 1 BTC.  For me Volabit works the best, I like the page layout, notifications and they charge me barely anything for pulling my BTC out.  I've never had a problem with any of the transfers from them, and it Has been always very quick for me! Smiley

I'm a little confused, why don't you just have the mining rewards go straight to your hardware wallet?

-Tamerz

Few reasons:
1.  I like to keep track of all my BTC and Ether on my Ipad and I hate having to use laptop when using Ledger.         2.  I like to get notified every time I get a reward so that I know when and for what Block I got payed.
3.  I don't make nearly enough BTC to make me use the Ledger and when I get my rewards I sell them on Volabit and Coinbase at the end of the month to be able pay for some bills like electricity and CC debt  that I'm sure most of us have.  
4.  The Ledger support told me not to send mining rewards directly to the hardware wallet.

But If I was a partner of BlockMines, I'm sure I would be using a hard wallet and not one! Lol  Grin SmileySmileySmiley
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:50:59 PM

Hey all

Can some one explain the shift and what they mean

I am confused with the reward and rewarded

Sorry if this is redundant fairly new to Kano pool . just trying to understand the system .
As the payouts page explains, each share you send to the pool is expected, on average, to be rewarded 5 times, each of those 5 times, approx 1/5 of it's expected value.

"Rewards" is how many times, each share you submitted in that shift, actually has been rewarded.
Shares above the red line may be rewarded again.

"Rewarded" is, as the red * says at the bottom Smiley the actual amount each 1000Diff share has been rewarded in satoshis.
So if you submitted 10,000,000 Diff of shares during "8esb2 kosaki" those shares will have been rewarded, in total so far, "Rewarded" times 10,000 satoshis.

That page is actually how you are rewarded, all other explanations are derived from that.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
overcon

Activity: 393

911 IT Admin. I keep 911 up so you get help ASAP!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 02:17:02 PM

It's ok to send it to an Exchange, well I'm my case it is Volabit ( not sure if it's considered an exchange).  I just let the BTC accumulate there until I get like a 0.5 or 1 BTC and then I transfer them to the hardware wallet (if I don't sell them right there and then).  I think it is completely fine just don't keep too much BTC there, I personally don't let it go over 1 BTC.  For me Volabit works the best, I like the page layout, notifications and they charge me barely anything for pulling my BTC out.  I've never had a problem with any of the transfers from them, and it Has been always very quick for me! Smiley

-Tamerz

That is what we were talking about. I have, had, all my winnings for BTC going to my Ledger Nano S. After that I usually sent the BTC to the exchange, but my transaction fee kept going up. The last time I got $60 or so bucks in coins (4-5 payouts worth for me) I went to send it to the exchange and the Nano wanted over $15 to send $60 bucks worth of bitcoin! (And that was on the cheapest Low Priority one) So I did a custom one and selected 100 Satashoi's but that ended up beeing too low and no miner picked it up to confirm it so it was stuck. So I used a transaction accelerator and it worked.

But ultimately the issue is, where to send mined rewards from here to that is the safest & cheapest to either keep or use on an exchange. He was asking why I don't have my rewards sent to my exchange and I was saying that everything I have read said not to have rewards sent to exchanges but to a wallet first, then to an exchange. Even the moderators at the exchange I use said to do it that way.
So that is the issue Smiley

Donate BTC to: 1PXBBTLqXQnT9qAyWsc51XGj2GUt4WW57x
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:36:23 PM

...everything I have read said not to have rewards sent to exchanges but to a wallet first, then to an exchange...
Imo, that comes down to 2 things:
1) Exchanges don't want you to do it because they don't want to field a bajilion support tickets about "Why can't I use my BTC" when it hasn't hit 100 confirms yet, so it's easier for them to just say, "don't do it".
2) It's bad practice, because when you mine direct to an exchange, unless they give you access to the private keys for your accounts, you're giving them what should be your bitcoin.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
oawan

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:18:27 PM

But ultimately the issue is, where to send mined rewards from here to that is the safest & cheapest to either keep or use on an exchange. He was asking why I don't have my rewards sent to my exchange and I was saying that everything I have read said not to have rewards sent to exchanges but to a wallet first, then to an exchange. Even the moderators at the exchange I use said to do it that way.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there are two types of mining rewards.  The first type is like if you are solo mining, where the rewards are generated directly at your address.  This is the type of rewards that cannot be directly sent to an exchange.

The way Kano does it, the rewards are generated to an address he owns then sent as a regular transaction (with zero fees) in the first block after 100 confirms.  So these rewards are fine to send directly to an exchange (and I have done it as well). 

So with TX fees being what they are, it would make sense now to have your rewards sent directly to a reputable exchange and then withdrawing them in one large batch.   
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:46:31 PM

The way Kano does it, the rewards are generated to an address he owns then sent as a regular transaction (with zero fees) in the first block after 100 confirms.  So these rewards are fine to send directly to an exchange (and I have done it as well)...   
Correct, as long as you're willing to accept that you've given away your bitcoin without ever having owned it (he who controls the keys owns the coin).

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
NomadGroup

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:22:10 PM

It's ok to send it to an Exchange, well I'm my case it is Volabit ( not sure if it's considered an exchange).  I just let the BTC accumulate there until I get like a 0.5 or 1 BTC and then I transfer them to the hardware wallet (if I don't sell them right there and then).  I think it is completely fine just don't keep too much BTC there, I personally don't let it go over 1 BTC.  For me Volabit works the best, I like the page layout, notifications and they charge me barely anything for pulling my BTC out.  I've never had a problem with any of the transfers from them, and it Has been always very quick for me! Smiley

-Tamerz

That is what we were talking about. I have, had, all my winnings for BTC going to my Ledger Nano S. After that I usually sent the BTC to the exchange, but my transaction fee kept going up. The last time I got $60 or so bucks in coins (4-5 payouts worth for me) I went to send it to the exchange and the Nano wanted over $15 to send $60 bucks worth of bitcoin! (And that was on the cheapest Low Priority one) So I did a custom one and selected 100 Satashoi's but that ended up beeing too low and no miner picked it up to confirm it so it was stuck. So I used a transaction accelerator and it worked.

Actually I've contacted the Ledger support after I wasn't receiving the withdrawal I did in over 24 hours and that's when they asked me if I had miner rewards sent to my address and I said yes so he explained to me that this was the reason for the amount of time it is taking and told me to have the miner rewards sent somewhere else before storing them in a hard wallet.  I suggest you change your payout address as soon as possible because all of the 7 payouts that we are supposed to receive will still be sent to the old address you've had on Kano, even if you change it now the first reward that you will receive at your newly added address will be starting the next Block found.  If you're in the U.S the Coinbase could work very well for you so open a wallet there and change your payout address to it and then you will have all the time you need to look for another wallet if you don't like Coinbase. SmileySmileySmiley
oawan

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:55:59 PM

The way Kano does it, the rewards are generated to an address he owns then sent as a regular transaction (with zero fees) in the first block after 100 confirms.  So these rewards are fine to send directly to an exchange (and I have done it as well)...   
Correct, as long as you're willing to accept that you've given away your bitcoin without ever having owned it (he who controls the keys owns the coin).

I mean, as long as you use a reputable exchange and consolidate every 20-50 blocks or whatever so they amount doesn't grow too large it shouldn't be an issue.  Then from there you can send it to an address you control directly.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:27:01 PM

The way Kano does it, the rewards are generated to an address he owns then sent as a regular transaction (with zero fees) in the first block after 100 confirms.  So these rewards are fine to send directly to an exchange (and I have done it as well)...  
I mean, as long as you use a reputable exchange and consolidate every 20-50 blocks or whatever so they amount doesn't grow too large it shouldn't be an issue.  Then from there you can send it to an address you control directly.
The "reputation" of an exchange wasn't what I meant. When you send coin to an exchange, if you don't have access to the private keys, then you are giving them the coin. The now own and control it. While a reputable exchange, will give you use of that amount of coin, you're still not actually in control of that coin (just like a traditional bank, they set the terms of when/how much you can transfer, if/when you can even access that amount, etc.). Even "innocent" things can have an impact (i.e., more than 1 exchange has had repeated sign-in issues lately - If you can't sign-in to that exchange and you don't have the private keys, then you still can't control what used to be your bitcoin).

overcon

Activity: 393

911 IT Admin. I keep 911 up so you get help ASAP!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 07:58:41 PM

See  Wink Even here I get different opinions! I also talked to the Ledger support and they told me it works just like any other wallet, that was why I had the funds sent there, but it sounds like they might not. Coinbase say's specifically to not have mining rewards sent to their address, at least somewhere it says it (I found where, it is the ETHEREUM Wallet Address that say's "Warning: Do not send ETH mining rewards or ETC directly to this address") because when I first started I was going to use them and that is what prompted me to get the Ledger. So it looks like I could use Coinbase as the destination for the mining rewards from here.

But for now I think for now I am going to use JAXX and see how that works as they support pretty much every currency and I have the keys to it and passphrase et cetera.

I love hearing all the information on the subject guys, even if it confuses me more, still good stuff to know!

To Exchange or not to Exchange, THAT is the question!  Grin

Donate BTC to: 1PXBBTLqXQnT9qAyWsc51XGj2GUt4WW57x
bronder

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:05:22 PM

] The "reputation" of an exchange wasn't what I meant. When you send coin to an exchange, if you don't have access to the private keys, then you are giving them the coin. The now own and control it. While a reputable exchange, will give you use of that amount of coin, you're still not actually in control of that coin (just like a traditional bank, they set the terms of when/how much you can transfer, if/when you can even access that amount, etc.). Even "innocent" things can have an impact (i.e., more than 1 exchange has had repeated sign-in issues lately - If you can't sign-in to that exchange and you don't have the private keys, then you still can't control what used to be your bitcoin).

Where do you send your mining rewards?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:12:38 PM

Where do you send your mining rewards?
To my public bitcoin address.  Wink
While I admit that current conditions are pushing fees upwards on "consolidated" transfers, I'd rather loose some bitcoin in the future than give all of it to someone else in the present.

bronder

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:20:30 PM

While I admit that current conditions are pushing fees upwards on "consolidated" transfers, I'd rather loose some bitcoin in the future than give all of it to someone else in the present.

What hardware or software do you use to house your wallet? I'm guess you don't use an exchange public bitcoin address. I understand your distrust on Exchanges, Coinbase has been offline several times in the last few days particularly when the price was climbing.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:30:14 PM

What hardware or software do you use to house your wallet? I'm guess you don't use an exchange public bitcoin address. I understand your distrust on Exchanges, Coinbase has been offline several times in the last few days particularly when the price was climbing.
I usually create my own addys/keys (too long of a topic to discuss here), and for the public-facing side of things I usually use Core (much to my chagrin) due to having a node always running already.

wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:50:36 PM

If you have enough space on your PC - or preferably an extra PC you don't regularly use - I would install Core and use that wallet. That way your BTC are under your control and YOU are responsible for the keys and their safe-keeping.

That is what I do. I run a full BTC node and also use the wallet. One good thing about using the Core wallet is that you can get away with using smaller fees (at least in my experience). From what I understand when you send BTC using the Core wallet it will broadcast it to multiple other nodes and will keep broadcasting the transaction until it is picked up. I have never had a low-free transaction not picked within 12 hours.
Of course you can adjust the fee slider to get faster transactions.
But the point is you are not relying on an exchange to hold your coins.

But BEWARE! YOU are responsible for the safe-keeping of your wallet. You must back it up to multiple secure locations so that with the private keys, you can recover your wallet in case of your PC burning up, crashing, natural disaster. My point is that you need to keep your wallet backup in a multiple secure locations. That way you can recreate your wallet.

There are pro's and cons of using Core. But you can pick your poison.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:17:01 PM

If you have enough space on your PC - or preferably an extra PC you don't regularly use - I would install Core and use that wallet. That way your BTC are under your control and YOU are responsible for the keys and their safe-keeping.

That is what I do. I run a full BTC node and also use the wallet. One good thing about using the Core wallet is that you can get away with using smaller fees (at least in my experience). From what I understand when you send BTC using the Core wallet it will broadcast it to multiple other nodes and will keep broadcasting the transaction until it is picked up. I have never had a low-free transaction not picked within 12 hours.
Of course you can adjust the fee slider to get faster transactions.
But the point is you are not relying on an exchange to hold your coins.

But BEWARE! YOU are responsible for the safe-keeping of your wallet. You must back it up to multiple secure locations so that with the private keys, you can recover your wallet in case of your PC burning up, crashing, natural disaster. My point is that you need to keep your wallet backup in a multiple secure locations. That way you can recreate your wallet.

There are pro's and cons of using Core. But you can pick your poison.

Agree, mostly for the important coins. I am trying other wallets for altcoins and recently using Exodux, it is a good walltet but missing Zcash.
NomadGroup

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:28:42 PM

See  Wink Even here I get different opinions! I also talked to the Ledger support and they told me it works just like any other wallet, that was why I had the funds sent there, but it sounds like they might not. Coinbase say's specifically to not have mining rewards sent to their address, at least somewhere it says it (I found where, it is the ETHEREUM Wallet Address that say's "Warning: Do not send ETH mining rewards or ETC directly to this address") because when I first started I was going to use them and that is what prompted me to get the Ledger. So it looks like I could use Coinbase as the destination for the mining rewards from here.

But for now I think for now I am going to use JAXX and see how that works as they support pretty much every currency and I have the keys to it and passphrase et cetera.

I love hearing all the information on the subject guys, even if it confuses me more, still good stuff to know!

To Exchange or not to Exchange, THAT is the question!  Grin

Yes you are right about the warning sign sayning not to send Ethereum mining rewards to Coinbase wallet!  I've seen it too but at the same time I've seen many people do it and gave it a shot.  I set payout to 1 ether and since the beginning I've mined about 100 Coins and sold them right there to Coinbase without any problems....  It usually says that I'll receive the bank transfer in 5 days but I've noticed that I received them much earlier, in about 2 days I believe.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 ... 2247 »
  Print  

Jump to: