Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350116 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:07:10 AM

"Bitcoin (BTC) transaction delays and fees are increasingly thought to be the result of Antpool mining empty blocks.
Multiple reports surfacing on social media pin the blame for the slow rate of approvals on miners deliberately not including SegWit transactions."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/antpool-asicboost-share-blame-for-bitcoin-network-delays

People should stop mining there. I know many who simply keep the pre-configured settings and just change their worker name. Most search for "what is the best pool" and they choose to mine there seeing it has the highest hashrate.
I am glade I managed to find this pool and been mining since I got the miners. Glade that Kano is always explaining and providing us with tons of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:27:42 AM

Block! by blockmines Smiley
14.97 BTC
Hmm I wonder if transactions are falling again ... that was a 12 minute network block

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:03:58 AM

"Bitcoin (BTC) transaction delays and fees are increasingly thought to be the result of Antpool mining empty blocks.
Multiple reports surfacing on social media pin the blame for the slow rate of approvals on miners deliberately not including SegWit transactions."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/antpool-asicboost-share-blame-for-bitcoin-network-delays

People should stop mining there. I know many who simply keep the pre-configured settings and just change their worker name. Most search for "what is the best pool" and they choose to mine there seeing it has the highest hashrate.
I am glade I managed to find this pool and been mining since I got the miners. Glade that Kano is always explaining and providing us with tons of information.
Fully agree. Even if payout was less I would not go anywhere else.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:15:38 AM

Fully agree. Even if payout was less I would not go anywhere else.
Well we don't 'expect' it to be less.
That means sometimes it can be and other times it isn't.
But in the long run it's 'expected' to work out a lot better than mining on Antpoo Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Moonito

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:24:54 PM

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself Smiley. I just started with btc mining (although I've been buying and using btc for some time) and I got me an used S7 (sadly extremely hard to get an S9 or similar where I live). Just wanted to say that I read some nice stuff about Kanopool and I'll try it today (I've tried btc. com US and Chinese pools and got around 3.7USD for 19 hour mining at 3th/s). So I'm gonna try here for a day or so to see how it works for me (a really little miner).
Why would you say that Kanopool is the best for mining, for example? Smiley Is it good only for big miners or little miners? What would you recommend? Is it better to be in a only btc mining pool or in a merged mining pool (I've read that some may give you other coins, but I guess there should be downside to that, otherwise everyone would be merged mining =x).

Excuse my poor english, I'm from Argentina so my english is not that good.

Thank you guys!
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:35:38 PM

Hello Everyone!

So I'm gonna try here for a day or so to see how it works for me (a really little miner).

...snip...

Is it good only for big miners or little miners? What would you recommend?

You will not get the best results after a day.  You need to read up on the PPLNS payout method.  It takes a few days to ramp up PPLNS to the full reward value.  After that period then you will get a good gauge on payout.  Also this pool only pays out when a block is found.

It is good for miners that are over the dust level which is around 600 - 700 GHs.  An S7 is well above that level, so you should be good to go.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:39:28 PM

Hello Everyone!

So I'm gonna try here for a day or so to see how it works for me (a really little miner).

...snip...

Is it good only for big miners or little miners? What would you recommend?

You will not get the best results after a day.  You need to read up on the PPLNS payout method.  It takes a few days to ramp up PPLNS to the full reward value.  After that period then you will get a good gauge on payout.  Also this pool only pays out when a block is found.

It is good for miners that are over the dust level which is around 600 - 700 GHs.  An S7 is well above that level, so you should be good to go.

Agree 100%. A day or so or even 3-4 days will not give you a true idea of how much you can make long-term. Pool luck goes up and down and so do payout amounts. You must mine long enough for the luck to even out AND also for your miner to reach the full 5Nd.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Newko

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:39:48 PM

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself Smiley. I just started with btc mining (although I've been buying and using btc for some time) and I got me an used S7 (sadly extremely hard to get an S9 or similar where I live). Just wanted to say that I read some nice stuff about Kanopool and I'll try it today (I've tried btc. com US and Chinese pools and got around 3.7USD for 19 hour mining at 3th/s). So I'm gonna try here for a day or so to see how it works for me (a really little miner).
Why would you say that Kanopool is the best for mining, for example? Smiley Is it good only for big miners or little miners? What would you recommend? Is it better to be in a only btc mining pool or in a merged mining pool (I've read that some may give you other coins, but I guess there should be downside to that, otherwise everyone would be merged mining =x).

Thank you guys!

Welcome to Kano's pool!
You need to understand how PPLNS pool works. You can't just "try it for day" as that will tell you nothing. You need to try it for a full month and really that is not even long enough due to luck variance. First month might be fantastic luck and you might think "Wow! This is great! I'm gonna be so happy on this lucky pool". But, if first month is bad luck you will say "Oh man, this is terrible!".  Please look at Kano's luck statistics over the last 12 months (on the Kano pool web page). You will not find a better pool.

I too am a small hobby miner - I have one S7LN and it is underclocked to keep noise down and I could not be happier on this pool. You will not find a more honest pool operator, or a better technically run pool, or a better group of fellow minors for advice. Please stay here for at least one month, but two or three is even better. I have tried other pools when I first started mining and this is the best, by far.

And for the record, you're English is quite good - much better than my Spanish  Wink
Happy mining!  Smiley
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:45:53 PM

Hello Everyone!

Thank you guys!

with 3Th/s at current BTC value, I would say you'll get less than 4$ a day. Do you pay for electricity? at 1250W it is around $3+ cost per day.
In my opinion point it to a solo pool and forget about it, who know you might be insanely lucky.
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 09:12:23 PM by wmabern

Block!

14.4+BTC

Thanks Blockmines!

That makes 3 blocks for the day!
More!! Cool Cool Cool Cool

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Newko

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:08:13 PM

Hello Everyone!

Thank you guys!

with 3Th/s at current BTC value, I would say you'll get less than 4$ a day. Do you pay for electricity? at 1250W it is around $3+ cost per day.
In my opinion point it to a solo pool and forget about it, who know you might be insanely lucky.

If his electricity cost is low enough, then he will still make money. I generate $60/month in earnings and my electricity cost is $30 per month (I have solar panels) so my profit is $30/month. However, when BTC price is low then my "profit" could go to zero, but I'm not selling my BTC in the short term so it doesn't matter. I'm in it for the long haul and I believe that in the long haul I will have a nice profit.
oawan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:17:14 PM

This block was over the 988KB limit.  Oh, nm saw the update in post #1.  Get that extra 10kb of fees Smiley

Now some pools are starting to have blocks over 1mb due to segwit.  Will this start happening here too as more segwit transactions come through?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:18:08 PM

Hello Everyone!

Thank you guys!

If you like gambling, and most gambling involves throwing money away, if your not "insanely lucky", then you might make a profit on solo.
3TH/s has a one in 14,717.3 chance of finding a block in a day, so yeah that's pretty bad odds.

On the other hand, if you simply mine here, you'll have the best 'expected' reward of any pool.
Luck goes up and down, but long term you're expected to get the best result here.

smutboy420

Activity: 341
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:23:42 PM

Hello Everyone!

Thank you guys!

right now it its almost 67 hours to get up your full nrange average. So It would be best to run for at least that long to ramp all the way up. Then give it a few days to see how well its going to work out for you money wise. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:40:29 PM

This block was over the 988KB limit.  Oh, nm saw the update in post #1.  Get that extra 10kb of fees Smiley

Now some pools are starting to have blocks over 1mb due to segwit.  Will this start happening here too as more segwit transactions come through?
Yeah I put it up to 998,888 the other day while watching the block txn fees run rampant ... up to 18BTC
As for the 'actual' size - well supposedly segwit means it ignores the 'size' you say and uses the mystical weight calculation to get the a size->weight conversion size.
So I guess if there ever are many 'segwit' transactions then we should go over 1MB

As I've been annoyed about before, 'segwit' simply pretends that some of the segwit data isn't there.
If you ever looked at the first LTC 'segwit' transaction it had 3 images in it - the BTC logo, LTC logo and sipa's github image.
Yeah gotta love 'segwit' - lets fill the blockchain with pictures ... ... ... and they'll be cheap coz they get 'charged' 1/4 the price of normal transactions ...

Moonito

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:56:56 PM

@kano @smutboy24 @Newko: Thank you so much for your replies.
I will stay here for some time then, to try and understand btc better; and also for your quick replies and help to a complete noob on the subject Smiley.

See you mining~
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:47:30 PM

@kano @smutboy24 @Newko: Thank you so much for your replies.
I will stay here for some time then, to try and understand btc better; and also for your quick replies and help to a complete noob on the subject Smiley.

See you mining~
I've been mining quite a while. You'll not be able to make an intelligent choice unless you spend about a month here. Seriously.  Cool

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:05:19 PM

Block! by HerbDean Cheesy
15BTC Smiley

HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:18:06 PM

15BTC Smiley

Pew Pew,

I was solo mining a bit during my sleep, flipped them back to the pool when I woke up.

Boom first block of my 7 A6
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:06:45 AM

15BTC Smiley

Pew Pew,

I was solo mining a bit during my sleep, flipped them back to the pool when I woke up.

Boom first block of my 7 A6
Schweet! A 4 block sunday, not bad at all!  Mine on!!   Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: