Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:38:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5349822 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
userghost

Activity: 284
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:52:21 PM

If anybody has any 400+$ coupons I'm looking to buy another 20-25 miners within a week if I can get enough coupons. Currently have 6

Aaaaaahhh... So you could spare me 2...  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I offered 2! Just not 400$ ones Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brad2388

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:04:58 PM

I too would like a 400 coupon to add one miner.
Nick_01

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:17:19 PM

and immediately all of you suddenly needed coupons ... gentlemen, please take turns ...  Grin
CryptoStash

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

With all the coupons floating around, serious question for you my fellow Kanonians....

How close are we to a miner revolution? I'm presently in process of upgrading to 40~ miner strong and as I am nearing the end of the upgrade process for electricity, I am weary of investing heavily now into this generation of 13.5 THs miners..

Appreciate your insight.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:48:54 PM

There's a strange outage on the JP node at the moment.

It can't see anything in the USA at all, but has no problems connecting to anywhere else.
I'm awaiting the provider to sort it out.

Hopefully everyone mining on the JP node has another pool node as a backup.

Of course, no other nodes are affect.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 06:51:49 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 07:01:53 PM by minergain.com

Thanx Kano!!! I was receiving alerts, saw the website was down, and instantly knew you'd be a busy fella.

Just a thought here about the new accounting page:

Is there any chance you could write a code/script that could, show the price of Bitcoin at the time of a reward payout? This feature
would certainly be helpful, for those of us who need to have a date with Uncle Sam! Ha!
minergain.com takes care of this automatically (in US dollars right now - if someone needs other currency, I can add that in an hour of programming).  Just do a file, save as of your rewards, upload that file to your minergain rewards section and the price of BTC when the block was found is assigned to the display below.  As I understand it, that is one way to report your cost basis.  Unfortunately I do not have the wallet transfers built in yet, so this method is only good for reporting based on when it is found for now.  Of course this can be used with any pool we are monitoring as well.  You can list your rewards by day, week, month or year.  You will have your accounting info done in about 2 minutes with this process!  PM me if you have any issues with the process.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:58:46 PM

If anybody has any 400+$ coupons I'm looking to buy another 20-25 miners within a week if I can get enough coupons. Currently have 6

Aaaaaahhh... So you could spare me 2...  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I offered 2! Just not 400$ ones Smiley

Didi i miss it?
You dont accept msg from newbies (a highly annoying status on this forum...) can that be the cause of miscommunication?
DCGOO

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:23:45 PM

I can understand where your coming from, but personally I want to leave no stone unturned, when it comes to maximizing my profits.

The United States taxes BTC as a capital gain, I believe. The price of BTC when you receive it is important. If you ignore that number, they will tax you at it's price when you convert,  instead of when you received. As of right now the price is around  $7000usd. Long term miners, like myself, do not convert at this price. Unless Forced too. Cashing out rewards at this price is going to be a waste of profit.

.US only worries about Bitcoin as a capital gain if you are TRADING in BTC. IOW, if you buy 1 bitcoin for $US6000, and sell it for $US7000, that is a gain of $US1000 when you sell it, not before.  But if you MINE 1 bitcoin for that is 1 BTC of pure income. Not the same.  If you sit on that mined bitcoin until it is worth $US10000, and sell it, that is pure income of $US10000, but not until you exchange it for USD.  IOW, the price in US$ of BTC when you actually acquire it has no effect on your cost to acquire.

The actual direct cost to mine BTC is zero, it is found money. I bought my miners with USD, and I pay my electricity bill with USD. I can deduct those expenses against my mining revenue, but only after the revenue is converted from BTC into USD,  regardless of what the price was at the time I "found" the bitcoin.  Hopefully I can continue pay the bills from other sources until the BTC price increases to something worthwhile.

The BTC cost for MINING is likely zero.  The cost for TRADING is whatever you paid and sold it for in US$. If you are doing both mining and trading, my suggestion would be to keep separate wallets for each activity.  
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:28:34 PM

How close are we to a miner revolution? I'm presently in process of upgrading to 40~ miner strong and as I am nearing the end of the upgrade process for electricity, I am weary of investing heavily now into this generation of 13.5 THs miners..

Appreciate your insight.

My guess is that we will see something new for Bitmain in June, shortly after the coupons expire.  Others say November.  My SPECULATION is that they will simply be S9s with ASICBoost or some similar variation.  I don't see any smaller die/significantly more efficient product coming out in the short run.

I'm probably going to use up my $400+ coupons to buy up more 13.5TH units, but once those are gone will continue to expand with 841s.  They just RUN.  No issues, no having to monitor them for performance decreases fixed by reboots, no cards mysteriously failing.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:39:41 PM

I can understand where your coming from, but personally I want to leave no stone unturned, when it comes to maximizing my profits.

The United States taxes BTC as a capital gain, I believe. The price of BTC when you receive it is important. If you ignore that number, they will tax you at it's price when you convert,  instead of when you received. As of right now the price is around  $7000usd. Long term miners, like myself, do not convert at this price. Unless Forced too. Cashing out rewards at this price is going to be a waste of profit.

.US only worries about Bitcoin as a capital gain if you are TRADING in BTC. IOW, if you buy 1 bitcoin for $US6000, and sell it for $US7000, that is a gain of $US1000 when you sell it, not before.  But if you MINE 1 bitcoin for that is 1 BTC of pure income. Not the same.  If you sit on that mined bitcoin until it is worth $US10000, and sell it, that is pure income of $US10000, but not until you exchange it for USD.  IOW, the price in US$ of BTC when you actually acquire it has no effect on your cost to acquire.

The actual direct cost to mine BTC is zero, it is found money. I bought my miners with USD, and I pay my electricity bill with USD. I can deduct those expenses against my mining revenue, but only after the revenue is converted from BTC into USD,  regardless of what the price was at the time I "found" the bitcoin.  Hopefully I can continue pay the bills from other sources until the BTC price increases to something worthwhile.

The BTC cost for MINING is likely zero.  The cost for TRADING is whatever you paid and sold it for in US$. If you are doing both mining and trading, my suggestion would be to keep separate wallets for each activity.  

Not true at all.  Mining does cost money, you can write off power, machines, hosting, etc...

Now we're getting off-topic, so back to MINING ON WITH KANO-SAN!
maddadata

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:46:44 PM

IRS treats BTC as a commodity.  Commodities have producers, traders, and consumers.  Each of these has a different tax liability.  For miners of BTC who HODL their coin, there may be capital gains, but the IRS has yet to specify how we are to establish cost basis.  They have specifically said BTC may be taxable as income as soon as it is generated.  I read that as confirmed reward.  That doesn't mean they instantly generate a tax liability, they would be considered unrealized gains at that point.  Hopefully we will have clarification on this in the next year or 2.  Also BTC is taxable if it is exchanged for flat, OR, goods and services...so keep a record of what you spend.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 08:16:42 PM

Thanx Kano!!! I was receiving alerts, saw the website was down, and instantly knew you'd be a busy fella.

Just a thought here about the new accounting page:

Is there any chance you could write a code/script that could, show the price of Bitcoin at the time of a reward payout? This feature
would certainly be helpful, for those of us who need to have a date with Uncle Sam! Ha!
minergain.com takes care of this automatically (in US dollars right now - if someone needs other currency, I can add that in an hour of programming).  Just do a file, save as of your rewards, upload that file to your minergain rewards section and the price of BTC when the block was found is assigned to the display below.  As I understand it, that is one way to report your cost basis.  Unfortunately I do not have the wallet transfers built in yet, so this method is only good for reporting based on when it is found for now.  Of course this can be used with any pool we are monitoring as well.  You can list your rewards by day, week, month or year.  You will have your accounting info done in about 2 minutes with this process!  PM me if you have any issues with the process.

THANK YOU Minergain!!! I will definitely set some time aside, to take a look at this.

Not true at all.  Mining does cost money, you can write off power, machines, hosting, etc...

Now we're getting off-topic, so back to MINING ON WITH KANO-SAN!

You are correct. This has turned from a simple question, into alot of speculative responses. I just wanted the info for recording keeping, in the event the IRS decides to pull the wool down over unsuspecting eyes. The information on hand, would be ALOT easier to see, than having to go back and dig up.

Goodluck to us ALL!!! C'mon BTClock!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
jhoren

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:32:25 PM

Someone had mentioned they wanted a notification if their miner was off the Kano pool and I thought that would be a great idea.

I went ahead and threw together a quick cron that will sms me if my hashrate goes under a particular amount.

It will draw from your kano api and I use Twilio for my text api.

It will check on every five minute mark: 12:00, 12:05, 12:10...

It will send an sms if the hashrate goes below the amount I set in the config or if the values comes back undefined/null. I only have one worker so it has only been set up for one. You'll need to expand it for more if you have others.

It should be easy enough to run from your own machine's command line. Just update the configSetup.json file with your own info and save it as config.json. Then npm install and then node app.js.

The very first sms will always be "not defined".

https://github.com/jhoren/checkhashrate

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:10:52 PM

Someone had mentioned they wanted a notification if their miner was off the Kano pool and I thought that would be a great idea.

I went ahead and threw together a quick cron that will sms me if my hashrate goes under a particular amount.

It will send an sms if the hashrate goes below the amount I set in the config or if the values comes back undefined/null. I only have one worker so it has only been set up for one. You'll need to expand it for more if you have others.

It should be easy enough to run from your own machine's command line. Just update the configSetup.json file with your own info and save it as config.json. Then npm install and then node app.js.

You realize that there are 2 different apps and 2 different web monitoring systems that do this for the CKPool right now, right?

They all currently use Kano's API...3 are listed on page 1 of this thread and minergain.com does it also.
jhoren

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:14:30 PM

You realize that there are 2 different apps and 2 different web monitoring systems that do this for the CKPool right now, right?

They all currently use Kano's API...3 are listed on page 1 of this thread and minergain.com does it also.

Not sure. I have the ckpool app installed and it pushes a notification if a block is found but I haven't seen it push any other notifications. I can check my hashrate but I'm not notified.

If there's other apps or monitoring systems, I'd be happy to see them. As a noob I'm unaware of all the tools available and I certainly don't want to remake any wheels.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:49:26 PM

Not sure. I have the ckpool app installed and it pushes a notification if a block is found but I haven't seen it push any other notifications. I can check my hashrate but I'm not notified.

If there's other apps or monitoring systems, I'd be happy to see them. As a noob I'm unaware of all the tools available and I certainly don't want to remake any wheels.

I currently get 3 notices when one of my miners drops below the hashrate I set; 1 push notice from the Apple app to my iphone; a text message to my phone from zachmonroe web site, and an email from the zachmonroe website.  I also get 2 notices each time we hit a block; 1 from the Apple app and 1 from the zachmonroe website.  I understand that the minergain web site does the same thing and I have never tried the android app so I can't speak for that one.

Apple App (find on the Apple App Store):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.0

Android App, read in the thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

For miner monitoring (Zach Monroe Web site):
https://ckpoolmonitor.zachmonroe.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1331875.0

For miner monitoring (minergain Web site):
https://www.minergain.com/
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 10:03:58 PM

I have never tried the android app so I can't speak for that one.

The android app sends me a notification when hashrate has dropped below my set limit. It also sends one when a block is found, although there's about a 30min delay. When opened, it reports a fairly accurate hashrate of my miners.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
jhoren

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:15:11 PM

I currently get 3 notices when one of my miners drops below the hashrate I set; 1 push notice from the Apple app to my iphone; a text message to my phone from zachmonroe web site, and an email from the zachmonroe website.  I also get 2 notices each time we hit a block; 1 from the Apple app and 1 from the zachmonroe website.  I understand that the minergain web site does the same thing and I have never tried the android app so I can't speak for that one.

Apple App (find on the Apple App Store):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.0

Android App, read in the thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

For miner monitoring (Zach Monroe Web site):
https://ckpoolmonitor.zachmonroe.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1331875.0

For miner monitoring (minergain Web site):
https://www.minergain.com/

Awesome, thank you. I'll check them out.
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:18:31 PM

Well...according to a close relative who is actually an IRS person...it's income when you cash it for USD...NOT when you mine it. Same as gold bullion.

I would recommend not taking tax advice from that person.  The IRS has declared that when you receive mining revenue it is treated as ordinary income, at the time you receive it, even if you don't convert it to USD right then.

There are financial reasons, if you are hodling, to pay your taxes now on coin mined now, that will save you a lot of money long term.
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:20:09 PM

No rewards past 3 days...  Angry

i have to admit that its a hard bite to mine here.... Past week got me profit of one day mining at nicehash....
Hope to see better within next week, or i'll put all of them back to nicehash again... Sorry..
Pages: « 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2247 »
  Print  

Jump to: