Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:19:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:12:10 PM

I think he's just going on the .9% fee, as that is all that kano makes besides his own miners. 
And I have heard directly from Kano that he does not run his miners unless he needs his house warmed up.  All of my discussions with him demonstrates that his primary mission for this site is the heath and future of bitcoin.  And yes, he probably does all right with the fees too - although having close to a dozen servers around the world is also not free.
Heh - there's a lot more than a dozen Smiley

This month I've been spending a lot of BTC on getting the hash rate up ... it's working ... and I'm losing lotsa BTC Cheesy

I've come up with another idea about throwing more BTC at getting the hash rate up - targeted directly at large miners - since we need a number of miners in the 5-10+ PHs range.
Once the accounting is done and verified all OK, I'll sort that idea out.

Of course all this BTC I'm 'throwing away' is BTC I've got from the pool fee, so no better use I can think of it!
... other than paying for servers and so I can survive ... and anime Smiley

I like it kano, would love to have double the hash rate.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dkincaid

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:34:07 PM

What do you guys think of the antminer r4? Thinking about buying two from usa (im uk) and running them on kano pool

Is it worth the investment?
I know s9 will have a better watt/th ratio but these will be run at home were i have to pay electric
My other miners i run at work were i dont pay
Also do u guys know any reputable company's that stock the r4 and ship uk?
My biggest problem is the import tax Sad
I would stay away from the R4. I have two of them and both lost 1 board. One after a few hours and one after 6 months. If you read the R4 thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597639.0 its full of similar stories.

Unless you just want a space heater, or they are super cheap, I would buy something else.

I can only speak from my experience, but I've had 3 R4's running here in the basement for about a year with no problems. I chose them for my situation because they are not too noisy. Been mining here on kano with them the whole time and have about 2.5BTC to show for it. Not a huge sum, but I think at least as much as one would expect from 25TH. I have been quite happy with them.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

Ok we’re at 100% time for a block.
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:04:26 PM

So time to eat chicken and DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE!

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:09:38 PM

I have free internet where I live. I have never bothered having my own service hooked up because of that. It has worked perfectly for netflix and such. However, with mining, I see that my miners are bouncing back and forth between this pool and my backup alot. and I am running 4% stales. That is alot of hash thrown away.  I guess I need to get a connection of my own after all.
Also check that you are connected to the closest node, see the first post for the list:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:10:31 PM

Any % means time for a block Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sruyle

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:11:19 PM

Kano,
Something that would eliminate lots of questions and might be easy to provide.. A % Ramped Up  on the workers page. Smiley
Pecker

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:44:32 PM

Yes but why would the fan show it’s running 30k rpm if everything’s is fine? My S9’s ramp up and down. One between 5-6k and the other between 4-5k. Temps are mid 70’s. I don’t think that fan can even spin that high. It has to be a false reading and that would explain why it stops hashing.

Peck. What psu are you using? Have you tried a different one?

I am using the bitmain power supply... 220 V

But the power supply on that particular S9 machine is not the new apW3++

SO I will swap power supplys and see if that helps ..  Thanks for the idea!

I just have a hard time believing it is getting to hot... I have miners ranging all over the place from mids 70's to pushing 100 (all in the same exact location)

Does not seem to make any difference to them... lots of people on bitcoin say they run them up to 100 degrees with no problem..(I'd prefer they not be at that but it cant be the room temperature if some are completely cool and some running that much hotter?

Maybe it is something to do with that 13.5 batch?

Running out of ideas... I am running some cooler air back there now but does not seem to change much...

But that machine would stop hashing before, now it keeps running, just those fans revving up and down...

Not sure what is going on with that fan speed reading..my guess it it a faulty reading...

Thanks for all the help!  Will let you know what I find out...

Is it possible to go back on the S9 firmaware to the older versions where I can control fan speed and freq?

Again thanks to all!!

Peck

rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:52:01 PM

Yes but why would the fan show it’s running 30k rpm if everything’s is fine? My S9’s ramp up and down. One between 5-6k and the other between 4-5k. Temps are mid 70’s. I don’t think that fan can even spin that high. It has to be a false reading and that would explain why it stops hashing.

I just have a hard time believing it is getting to hot... I have miners ranging all over the place from mids 70's to pushing 100 (all in the same exact location)

Does not seem to make any difference to them... lots of people on bitcoin say they run them up to 100 degrees with no problem..(I'd prefer they not be at that but it cant be the room temperature if some are completely cool and some running that much hotter?

Running out of ideas... I am running some cooler air back there now but does not seem to change much...

But that machine would stop hashing before, now it keeps running, just those fans revving up and down...

Not sure what is going on with that fan speed reading..my guess it it a faulty reading...

Is it possible to go back on the S9 firmaware to the older versions where I can control fan speed and freq?

Again thanks to all!!

Peck

Switch the PDU/PSU, see if it follows it or stays with that particular s9.  I have three of them and one runs a little hotter and "faster" than the other two, no matter which PDU/PSU or 110/220 I try.  They're not all built the same.
shadowelite

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:16:59 PM

What do you guys think of the antminer r4? Thinking about buying two from usa (im uk) and running them on kano pool

I know s9 will have a better watt/th ratio but these will be run at home were i have to pay electric
I would stay away from the R4. I have two of them and both lost 1 board. One after a few hours and one after 6 months. If you read the R4 thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597639.0 its full of similar stories.

Unless you just want a space heater, or they are super cheap, I would buy something else.
thank you will consider an s9 then or shall i wait till maybe something newer comes out?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:31:58 PM

Kano,
Something that would eliminate lots of questions and might be easy to provide.. A % Ramped Up  on the workers page. Smiley

Yeah something like that is on the todo list - I mentioned in the dark reaches of the past pages Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg29277298#msg29277298

The 5Nd point isn't a simple calculation, it can change every millisecond, and takes a couple of seconds to determine.
Instead I'll have the system keep track of the last 5Nd point based on the last complete shift.
Thus it will be (in)accurate within, on average, about 25 minutes - which should be close enough.

firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:56:52 PM

thank you will consider an s9 then or shall i wait till maybe something newer comes out?
Order an 821, or wait a bit for the 841. I gave up on Bitmain quite some time ago.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:58:16 PM

Again thanks to all!!

Peck

These miners are a case by case basis too. I have some machines that are overclocked and have not had one problem and others I have to turn the frequency down a bit and set a min fan % to keep them cool or they will lose hash boards. Dust and debris will hinder the units from dissipating heat and heat seems to be the big threat to these. I don't know if the S9's have the same problems as the S7's but if the heat sink is loose, it will not pull heat from the boards so the fans can move that air. If you are having hash problems as well, then you have other issues beyond the fan, though I've swapped for higher rpm fans and have remedied some heat issues. That or turn down the frequency and see what difference, if any, you see. It could have a weak power supply too, but you won't know until you can do more diagnostics.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
Pecker

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:49:23 PM

Again thanks to all!!

Peck

These miners are a case by case basis too. I have some machines that are overclocked and have not had one problem and others I have to turn the frequency down a bit and set a min fan % to keep them cool or they will lose hash boards. Dust and debris will hinder the units from dissipating heat and heat seems to be the big threat to these. I don't know if the S9's have the same problems as the S7's but if the heat sink is loose, it will not pull heat from the boards so the fans can move that air. If you are having hash problems as well, then you have other issues beyond the fan, though I've swapped for higher rpm fans and have remedied some heat issues. That or turn down the frequency and see what difference, if any, you see. It could have a weak power supply too, but you won't know until you can do more diagnostics.

Well I think we've figured out the problem (thanks to all of you!)

I switched the problemchild S9 to a different power supply and runs prefect...

Put the other S9 that had been running good on the bad power supply and it makes that miner speed up and slow down like crazy...

Freakin Bitmain power supply...  Pretty sure I bought it brand new a few months ago!

Ordering another one today...

Thanks everyone for the help...

Pecker!
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:52:49 PM

Again thanks to all!!

Peck

Well I think we've figured out the problem (thanks to all of you!)

I switched the problemchild S9 to a different power supply and runs prefect...

Put the other S9 that had been running good on the bad power supply and it makes that miner speed up and slow down like crazy...

Freakin Bitmain power supply...  Pretty sure I bought it brand new a few months ago!

Ordering another one today...

Thanks everyone for the help...

Pecker!

That’s great. Glad you got it figured out.
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:39:05 PM

Ok the talk about stales a bit earlier in this thread reminded me I wanted to ask about the invalids that are in the Hi column. What causes an invalid Hi? I am only running 0.106% on invalids. most being stale but have about 25% of them that are Hi. I probably should know and may have at one time but don't remember now and cannot find anything on it.
blackcool

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:39:32 PM

Hi team,
I plan to clean my S9 from stickies, Im going to detach the 3 hashboards to do so. My machine will be off for 35 - 45 minutes I guess. Will this will affect ramp-up process or I will start again from beginning?. BTW I've got my payment from last 2 block appx 0.001007 and 0.001033 after running the machine 4 or 5 days. Actually Im not expecting this payment since I'm not fully ramp-up 13.5 days. Still confuse wkwkwk....
Thrash

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:52:54 PM

Hi team,
I plan to clean my S9 from stickies, Im going to detach the 3 hashboards to do so. My machine will be off for 35 - 45 minutes I guess. Will this will affect ramp-up process or I will start again from beginning?. BTW I've got my payment from last 2 block appx 0.001007 and 0.001033 after running the machine 4 or 5 days. Actually Im not expecting this payment since I'm not fully ramp-up 13.5 days. Still confuse wkwkwk....

You will not lose all of your ramp it will just go down while your rig is not running. So if it takes 45 minutes with it down you should be back to about the same place with 45 minutes of running. If we hit a block while it is down you still get a payment based on your ramp at that time.

You do not have to be fully ramped in order to get payments. Where ever you are on the ramp you get credit for that amount of hash when payments are made. You just don't get full payments until you are fully ramped.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:58:03 PM

Ok the talk about stales a bit earlier in this thread reminded me I wanted to ask about the invalids that are in the Hi column. What causes an invalid Hi? I am only running 0.106% on invalids. most being stale but have about 25% of them that are Hi. I probably should know and may have at one time but don't remember now and cannot find anything on it.

"Hi" means the share hash has high - which means the difficulty value was low.
I posted an explanation of "hi" vs "low" before, so I wont repeat that, but basically your miner sent a bunch of shares with the difficulty below what the pool asked for.
e.g. if the pool says send me 4098 diff shares and your miner sends 410 diff shares, then they are "hi" and rejected.

Firstly, it makes no difference to your reward, since e.g. on average one in every 10 of your 410 diff shares would be above 4098 so you expect to get the same reward.

Secondly, you'd need to check both numbers under "hi" to make proper sense of it.
You probably sent a whole bunch of low diff shares when your miner connected, but the value of those shares probably doesn't add up to much.
The "hi" value will say V/N where V = total value of the shares and N = the number of shares.
As always, it's the value V that actually matters, but if you are sending truck loads of them (high N) then it's probably Bitmain strikes again Smiley
Although Bitmain can build miners, their programmers are crap.

Cannan on the other hand Smiley Well their top guy setup the OpenWrt OS and wrote the web interface in the first Avalon miner that Bitmain copied directly into their first S1 miner.
He also wrote the first version of the Icarus and Avalon driver in cgminer.
Avalon also had the first ASIC miner - so yeah there are a few more reasons why I think Canaan is better than Bitmain.
Pity their prices were/are high - that's a strike against them IMO - market forces ... the force of many sheeple Tongue Hopefully it will go back down ...
Though they did the same with the first Avalon miner ... so it's not unexpected ... and I trashed them back then also Smiley

Thrash

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:22:03 AM

"Hi" means the share hash has high - which means the difficulty value was low.
I posted an explanation of "hi" vs "low" before, so I wont repeat that, but basically your miner sent a bunch of shares with the difficulty below what the pool asked for.
e.g. if the pool says send me 4098 diff shares and your miner sends 410 diff shares, then they are "hi" and rejected.

Firstly, it makes no difference to your reward, since e.g. on average one in every 10 of your 410 diff shares would be above 4098 so you expect to get the same reward.

Secondly, you'd need to check both numbers under "hi" to make proper sense of it.
You probably sent a whole bunch of low diff shares when your miner connected, but the value of those shares probably doesn't add up to much.
The "hi" value will say V/N where V = total value of the shares and N = the number of shares.
As always, it's the value V that actually matters, but if you are sending truck loads of them (high N) then it's probably Bitmain strikes again Smiley
Although Bitmain can build miners, their programmers are crap.

Cannan on the other hand Smiley Well their top guy setup the OpenWrt OS and wrote the web interface in the first Avalon miner that Bitmain copied directly into their first S1 miner.
He also wrote the first version of the Icarus and Avalon driver in cgminer.
Avalon also had the first ASIC miner - so yeah there are a few more reasons why I think Canaan is better than Bitmain.
Pity their prices were/are high - that's a strike against them IMO - market forces ... the force of many sheeple Tongue Hopefully it will go back down ...
Though they did the same with the first Avalon miner ... so it's not unexpected ... and I trashed them back then also Smiley

Kano, thanks that makes sense. There is not much hash there, and I am not worried about it, just wanted to understand what caused it. Thank you for the explanation.

Will continue to mine on!
Pages: « 1 ... 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: