Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:07:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 [1827] 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350094 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:44:37 AM

The chicken doesn't seem to be helping. Maybe I'll have a Tide Pod instead.

Lol I wouldn’t recommend it. I had chicken for lunch today and now some at dinner. Come on block!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:48:06 AM

and to the next post who sais we must be hear for money im more hear cause i dont like corporations and since major corp gives me appts with free hydro this seems like a dam funny idea to me im mining from their profits Cheesy
canx get 6 s9's per 1 bedroom appt roughly 700$ of hydro for a 800 $ appt Cheesy
Complains that I said...

I doubt you'd be here mining if you weren't at least partially interested in money

...and then immediately starts touting about his monetary benefit. Ha!

I rest my case.  Cool

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
subie

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:04:40 AM

are we unlucky this year?
padrinogtr

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

Mine ON!!!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:05:43 AM

....and another S9 is online
and another on standby im running out of outlets

MINE ON!!!!

You mining and home? You got some good power coming in.

yep at home
i just turned on my solar panels today. but now i need an additional sub panel. im at the limit now  

230TH Mining For Kano!!!
gaud

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:44:33 AM

and to the next post who sais we must be hear for money im more hear cause i dont like corporations and since major corp gives me appts with free hydro this seems like a dam funny idea to me im mining from their profits Cheesy
canx get 6 s9's per 1 bedroom appt roughly 700$ of hydro for a 800 $ appt Cheesy
Complains that I said...

I doubt you'd be here mining if you weren't at least partially interested in money

I rest my case.  Cool

if yer talking to me i think yer confused lol i dont tout monetary benefit lol that line isnt me only the top one is and it isnt a complaint lol .kinda curious how u cut and edit though lol Cheesy its fun and entertaining was my point and i already have all the money i need to be honest i dont have many needs.
gaud

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:50:05 AM

MINE ON!!!!

yep at home
i just turned on my solar panels today. but now i need an additional sub panel. im at the limit now  

hmm interesting idea i thought i read somewhere the equipment and installation cost of solar made it a bad investment for mining glad to here someone could make a go of it.
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:04:38 AM

Complains that I said...

I rest my case.  Cool

if yer talking to me i think yer confused lol i dont tout monetary benefit lol that line isnt me only the top one is and it isnt a complaint lol .kinda curious how u cut and edit though lol Cheesy its fun and entertaining was my point and i already have all the money i need to be honest i dont have many needs.
Wasn't trying to make enemies or anything. I found it entertaining as well.

Here's the post where I saw the top quote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg31232566#msg31232566

The next quote was mine. FYI quotes can be done by clicking the talk-cloud thing above the 2nd from the right emoji or manually like so (without spaces)... [ quote ] blah blah blah [ / quote ]

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
gaud

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:13:02 AM

Complains that I said...

I rest my case.  Cool

Wasn't trying to make enemies or anything. I found it entertaining as well.

Here's the post where I saw the top quote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg31232566#msg31232566

The next quote was mine. FYI quotes can be done by clicking the talk-cloud thing above the 2nd from the right emoji or manually like so (without spaces)... [ quote ] blah blah blah [ / quote ]

i dont believe in enemies i hate everyone equal Cheesy. and i know how to quote jst cant seem to pull one out of a pile of quotes lol
man waiting for blocks is suspenseful lol
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:15:43 AM

MINE ON!!!!

yep at home

Oh really. I’d be interested to hear some details on the solar setup.
padrinogtr

Mine ON!!!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:19:24 AM

MINE ON!!!!

yep at home

hmm interesting idea i thought i read somewhere the equipment and installation cost of solar made it a bad investment for mining glad to here someone could make a go of it.

the solar system was installed for free. we will see how much saving i will get out of it

230TH Mining For Kano!!!
padrinogtr

Mine ON!!!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:22:06 AM

MINE ON!!!!

yep at home

Oh really. I’d be interested to hear some details on the solar setup.

i dont know much about it. all i can say is that i did not have to pay a penny. so now all that is left tot see is how much i will actually save on electric stay tuned.

230TH Mining For Kano!!!
soma909

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:27:56 AM

S9 coming online today (provided the guy at the hosting centre can input a stratum server correctly......) So totally expect a block to be found in the next 12 hours  Tongue
Bitcguru77

Activity: 48
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:12:29 AM

Hi Kano and everybody else.

Just registered to this forum and this is my first post.

I'm pretty new to mining and have been mining for about a month now with, so far, one S9. After just e few weeks I decided to join the kano community and have been mining here now since 22 of February. This means I'm ramping up at the moment and I'm very eager to see what happens after a few weeks when the ramp up is over.

First af all thank you for a nice pool and support forum.

I hope this is the right thread to ask technical questions and if not, please advice where.

I'm still trying to find out how everything works and I have got a lot of help from reading in this thread. However as there are over 1800 pages at the moment there's surely a lot of info in here that I haven't found yet, so please excuse me if I'm asking questions already explained.

So here goes:
I might have screwed up.  Embarrassed
I've tried to find out what the minimum difficulty setting is under management but havent really found out what it does and what to put in there to get the most out of my miner. Therefor I tried a few different settings there without really knowing what it does. I probably shouldn't have done this as kano website now says "Too many accesses, come back later, Login Failed".

This probably means that my IP is blocked for some time.

I think the last setting I tried was 9000. Now I really don't know if I'm in worst case is ramping down at the moment and I can't log in to reset the minimum difficulty setting to "0" which is standard.

So can anyone tell me how bad I screwed up, when kano will let me back in to reset the settings and please explain to me what the minimum difficulty setting does and what to put in there (if not "0") to get the most out of my S9.

MINE ON EVERYONE AND LETS FIND OUR NEXT BLOCK! (seems to be the right slogan to end with  Smiley )

Edit: According to CKPool Monitor I'm still steadily mining with around 13,5 Th/s, but I don't know if I'm getting any shares.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

I've tried to find out what the minimum difficulty setting is under management but havent really found out what it does and what to put in there to get the most out of my miner. Therefor I tried a few different settings there without really knowing what it does.

The best thing to do is leave the minimum difficult set to default and let the pool adjust your miner automatically.  The pool will adjust difficulty until your miner submits 18 shares per minute, I believe.

The reason for difficulty adjustment is, modern miners create shares far too fast for a pool to accept all of them.  So a miner will find a diff 9000 share approximately once per 9000 shares found.  So instead of submitting 9000 diff1 shares just one diff9000 share is sent and you get credit for the full 9000.  This consumes allot less pool resources and network bandwidth.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

Edit: According to CKPool Monitor I'm still steadily mining with around 13,5 Th/s, but I don't know if I'm getting any shares.

If that pool monitor gets it's information from you pool api key then that is what the pool is seeing and for the pool to estimate your hash rate you would have to be submitting shares.  So you should be good to go.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:59:10 PM

The problem is the payout system...PPLNS is far too risky for any serious pro-miner...regardless of size.
There is a very good reason why BTC is by far the largest pool in the world...
One must acknowledge that their PPS payment plays a significant role in that success.

Pools switched to PPLNS because of miner demand.  PPS pools will always go bankrupt, it is an inevitable outcome.  Unless you own ASIC miner factory, I guess.

Can you explain if the “expected” reward is 100% then why is it that most all pps pools fail?  By that logic then staying on a pool too small will bankrupt the miner instead. So it’s catch 22.  There is def a balance that has to be held. ESP when the network diff is climbing rapidly as it is

BR

Edit there is a reason people won’t mine here. I don’t know what that is. But if you can’t get them to come with 10 btc bonus then I must question what it is that big miners see that I/we don’t.  That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Is it the Ui lack of block solves.  Just what is it exactly that steer people away.  I’m guessing some is patience.  But what I don’t get is why a huge miner wouldn’t just hop on for the bonus and skate.

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:28:56 PM

The problem is the payout system...PPLNS is far too risky for any serious pro-miner...regardless of size.
There is a very good reason why BTC is by far the largest pool in the world...
One must acknowledge that their PPS payment plays a significant role in that success.

Pools switched to PPLNS because of miner demand.  PPS pools will always go bankrupt, it is an inevitable outcome.  Unless you own ASIC miner factory, I guess.

Can you explain if the “expected” reward is 100% then why is it that most all pps pools fail?  By that logic then staying on a pool too small will bankrupt the miner instead. So it’s catch 22.  There is def a balance that has to be held. ESP when the network diff is climbing rapidly as it is

BR

Edit there is a reason people won’t mine here. I don’t know what that is. But if you can’t get them to come with 10 btc bonus then I must question what it is that big miners see that I/we don’t.  That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Is it the Ui lack of block solves.  Just what is it exactly that steer people away.  I’m guessing some is patience.  But what I don’t get is why a huge miner wouldn’t just hop on for the bonus and skate.
Meni wrote a statistical analysis of payout systems.
https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

I disagree with his personal opinion that all pools will end up PPS Smiley
But other than that, his actual statistical analysis points out the fees necessary to stop a PPS pool going broke.
See page 37 of the above link

The reason is not that you expect 100% luck, it's that times like the last 5 blocks are not unexpected at all.
As the CDF[Erl] shows, the last 5 blocks - that or worse should happen, on average, over a large sample of blocks, once every 416.7 blocks
Now what's the issue with the last 5 blocks and PPS? Well the BTC earned is 64.2625 BTC but the PPS payout at only 100% PPS would be 141.75 BTC
So if a PPS pool didn't have over 77 BTC in reserves then they couldn't pay out what they owed and effectively go broke.
There's no guarantee that the next 5 blocks would reverse that bad luck - in fact it's only expected to continue down the path of 100% luck - not to reverse it at all.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

Hi Kano and everybody else.

I've tried to find out what the minimum difficulty setting is under management but havent really found out what it does and what to put in there to get the most out of my miner.
You aren't expected to get any more out of your miner by lowering the diff setting.
Mainly all you might do is increase your network usage - though the pool code tends to ignore low settings and give you the default setting for your miner.

Therefor I tried a few different settings there without really knowing what it does. I probably shouldn't have done this as kano website now says "Too many accesses, come back later, Login Failed".

This probably means that my IP is blocked for some time.
You'd have to PM me your IP for me to clear it

Your miner should still be OK - it doesn't stop you from mining.

When you get back into the web site, the Workers->Workers page shows what's happening with your miners short term and totals since the last block found.
The Workers->Shift Graph shows the last few weeks.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bitcguru77

Activity: 48
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:35:44 PM

I've tried to find out what the minimum difficulty setting is under management but havent really found out what it does and what to put in there to get the most out of my miner. Therefor I tried a few different settings there without really knowing what it does.

The best thing to do is leave the minimum difficult set to default and let the pool adjust your miner automatically.  The pool will adjust difficulty until your miner submits 18 shares per minute, I believe.

The reason for difficulty adjustment is, modern miners create shares far too fast for a pool to accept all of them.  So a miner will find a diff 9000 share approximately once per 9000 shares found.  So instead of submitting 9000 diff1 shares just one diff9000 share is sent and you get credit for the full 9000.  This consumes allot less pool resources and network bandwidth.

Hi os2sam and thank you for your replies.

I still can't log on to kano.is from my computer, but it seems to be my IP that's banned so I managed to reset settings to default by turning off my wifi network on my phone and by logging in via the mobile network. So I guess I'm all right now except for IP beeing banned.

When looking at the shifts before I did the settings they look like this:

Length            Your diff         Inv Diff     Avg Hs                 Shares          Avg Share                Rewards aso.
48-52 min        ~8-10.5M      ~0-24k     ~12.5-14.5 THS     ~700-850      ~10,000-12,000        Since last block obviously nothing until next block

With the "9000" setting I got the following:

Length            Your diff         Inv Diff     Avg Hs                 Shares          Avg Share
48m38s           9.171M          18.000k    13.50THs              1.019k           9,000

So with the "9000" setting i got more shares than ever before during the same length in time. Isn't this better than default setting if it gives more shares and also consumes less pool resources? Everything pretty much seems to be in line with earlier, but Shares are higher and Avg Share lower.

As me as a noob understands it the optimal minimum diff setting would be as high as possible (giving as much Shares as possible which in this case was 1019) that the S9, Pool or something can handle.

*Lightbulb* Or is the equation something like Shares*Avg Share=Reward?

The educational video discussed earlier would be a hit. Probably would get oscar nominated.  Grin

Obviously the best thing to do for now is leave the default setting of "0" until I understand all this, but maybe this discussion still enlightens me.  Wink

Edit: Thank you for your answers Kano. PM is sent.
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:50:32 PM

i dont know much about it. all i can say is that i did not have to pay a penny. so now all that is left tot see is how much i will actually save on electric stay tuned.
So are you renting (landlord did it for the building) or do you own and you found a creative approach to get it installed?  I looked into the tesla roof and a wall of panels on our south hill but my wife thinks it is a waste of money since we may only be here another 10 years or less.  Obviously 30% gets paid by the government (yet) but I have not found any approaches for free yet!  Would love to hear your situation / approach.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
Pages: « 1 ... 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 [1827] 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: