Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:13:56 PM

how do i know when i get ramped up ?

You'll feel it deep in your bones.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 08:15:10 PM

when did you start with your current hash rate at kano?  current ramp is:    The pool hash rate for the last day is roughly 48.22PHs which means the 5Nd 'ramp' is roughly 15days 12hrs.

i think i started a couple days b4 last block thx fer info

Check your shift graph. It's within the drop down menu on the workers tab. On the right side is a little set of numbers in blue, I think when
you are fully ramped, the number should be close to your actual th/s. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

when did you start with your current hash rate at kano?  current ramp is:    The pool hash rate for the last day is roughly 48.22PHs which means the 5Nd 'ramp' is roughly 15days 12hrs.

Check your shift graph. It's within the drop down menu on the workers tab. On the right side is a little set of numbers in blue, I think when
you are fully ramped, the number should be close to your actual th/s. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually that number and the red line represents the average hash across the entire chart which is about 23 days.  He will be ramped up before that number matches his actual hash rate whis is taking about 15 days at the current pool hash rate. Grin
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:48:45 PM

Hi, New here.   I have 5 S9 miners running on slushpool.  I would like to bring 1 over to Kano to try it out and compare results.  Eventually bringing all 5 machines to Kano.      My question is, is it possible to have Kano pool configured to make my payouts to 2 wallets?   It's a joint venture between me and a friend, we would like to avoid having to send each other the funds and pay transaction fee. It would be much simpler to have the pool itself just split my payout to both of our wallets.  Anyone can help?   Sorry if this is a newb question.

Once you get large enough I can set your account to allow more than one payout address.
Then you can also set the payout ratio on each address.

Obviously if your payouts are small there's no point doing that - but if you build up enough hash rate I can allow more than one payout address - well as many as you like - but I will limit it based on your hash rate.

However, you're best to wait until I finish the new payout changes.
They are getting close to being done, all the interruptions are out of the way Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:54:53 PM

when did you start with your current hash rate at kano?  current ramp is:    The pool hash rate for the last day is roughly 48.22PHs which means the 5Nd 'ramp' is roughly 15days 12hrs.

That 'current 5Nd' is on the Help->Payouts page.

The Pool->Graph also helps to see how the pool hash rate has changed over the last week or two.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:03:18 PM

If we don't solve this block before I get home I'll happily move all of my lottery miners over. Can the pool go to a low enough share difficulty to allow 102 GH/s workers?
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:11:11 PM

Actually that number and the red line represents the average hash across the entire chart which is about 23 days.  He will be ramped up before that number matches his actual hash rate whis is taking about 15 days at the current pool hash rate. Grin

Thank You Sir!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:50:34 PM

Edit there is a reason people won’t mine here. I don’t know what that is. But if you can’t get them to come with 10 btc bonus then I must question what it is that big miners see that I/we don’t.  That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Is it the Ui lack of block solves.  Just what is it exactly that steer people away.  I’m guessing some is patience.  But what I don’t get is why a huge miner wouldn’t just hop on for the bonus and skate.

In my opinion, for whatever that's worth, many don't mine here because they end up with the "bag of pennies" issue with allot of small payouts which causes high transaction fees.  Once Kano gets finished with his long awaited accounting code then multiple block payouts can be consolidated and miners won't be stuck with such large fees when they go to spend their earnings.  So I think that will make a large difference and cause some hash rate to return.  Going PPS is NOT the solution nor is shortening the ramp like slush does.

I wish Kano would have waited to offer the 10 BTC bonus until after the new accounting code was implemented.  That would have had a much larger impact, I think.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Edit there is a reason people won’t mine here. I don’t know what that is. But if you can’t get them to come with 10 btc bonus then I must question what it is that big miners see that I/we don’t.  That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Is it the Ui lack of block solves.  Just what is it exactly that steer people away.  I’m guessing some is patience.  But what I don’t get is why a huge miner wouldn’t just hop on for the bonus and skate.

In my opinion, for whatever that's worth, many don't mine here because they end up with the "bag of pennies" issue with allot of small payouts which causes high transaction fees.  Once Kano gets finished with his long awaited accounting code then multiple block payouts can be consolidated and miners won't be stuck with such large fees when they go to spend their earnings.  So I think that will make a large difference and cause some hash rate to return.  Going PPS is NOT the solution nor is shortening the ramp like slush does.

I wish Kano would have waited to offer the 10 BTC bonus until after the new accounting code was implemented.  That would have had a much larger impact, I think.

That's not necessarily true as the payments on slush can be more numerous if one kept cashing out at .01 every time.   It would be nice to keep the threshold higher at kano's but I don't see that as a big reason why bigger miners aren't here.   October and February are better examples of why they left.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:46:23 PM

Well, it's still going - not like I've stopped it - but I have 'improved' it to include 5PHs miners.
Anyway it will probably still be there when I get the code done Tongue

BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:07:28 AM

You'll feel it deep in your bones.
I knew I was ramped up when we hit the "forever block" in early February... No way not to be ramped up after 500%! Grin

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:25:11 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 07:21:14 PM by BSGMiner

You, Kano and everybody else are absolutely right. I will drop this for now, sit down with a bowl of popcorn and watch the rewards ramp up.  Cool
If you get bored watching, you can do what I do and look for more hardware to point this way.   Grin

MINE ON!!!
Will do, but first I need this one to pay for the next on, this one and the next one to pay for the third one etc. It was hard enough to get my wife convinced that I need to buy the first one from our household savings.  Roll Eyes

One more question regarding the minimum difficulty setting. Just noticed that my invalids-% now is at 10.511 when i look in Workers>Workers. Not sure when it has rise, but last time i took notice it was around 0.3 %. Can my so called test with minimum difficulty set at 9000 have caused this?
I've done a fair amount of analysis and testing with the worker diff effects--got myself locked out too at first like you did. Grin

I even went so far as to create a data connection to kano.is from Excel, pull down my shift data, clean it up, and aggregate the results by worker diff to find out which resulted in the highest average Diff, Inv Diff, and Hashrate.

For what I have, 4098 EDIT: 3586--after a larger sample size--works great, but unless you've really looked over the data a decent amount of time to ensure you're choosing a good number for you specific setup... just leave it set to 0.

EDIT: Yes, changing the setting seemed to have caused some invalids for me too when you initially change it. Probably when it's in the middle of working on shares of a certain diff, and you changing it causes it to submit shares outside of the expected diff.

Also, if your Inv % is less than the pool's (top left of website #s) I wouldn't worry, but if it's higher, something might have gone awry... Restart needed, maybe? *Shrug*

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
perfectplus174

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:49:40 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 03:30:44 AM by perfectplus174

Welp, my plan took a dive. I'm gonna tweak my rules a bit and give it one last shot before I call it off because it's going to get lost in the pages anyway. I think the changes will open it up to a lot more miners who may have a good answer (including NEW miners).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTC   5 day - 50 TH/s giveaway !!!! BTC

I want to see how well the small miners understand this and can explain it on a level where YOU(and others, including myself) fully understand it. I want that light bulb to go off and have ZERO doubt about how we are getting paid for our shares and I will donate 50 TH/s for a period of 5 days to a lucky winner.

My rules:

1- You have to have been mining on Kano's Pool with a hash rate between 1 and 20 TH/s
2- The rewarded hash has to be pointed at Kano's pool.  (to be confirmed by Kano)
3- You have to submit your answer in response to this quote and give 2 working examples including the payouts calculated.
4- padrinogtr will have to be able to explain his new understanding with his own example in response to the submitted answer and have the answer's accuracy verified by Kano.
5- New miners to the pool are welcome, though you will have had to have been here for at least the last block (this will help ramp your 5Nd up much sooner!!)

The 5 day 50 TH/s award will start as soon as I am able to see confirmation and have access to my controllers. I will of course need a worker name.
I understand this is dependent on some cooperation from others, but hey it's 50 TH/s on the line and I'm currently only running about 70 TH/s, so it's a big deal to me.

5 days - 50 TH/s .... don't let us down padrinogtr!!!!!! There was talk of others donating some hash too. If their offer is still good, that hash will be separate and in addition to the 50 TH/s I am donating.

*Of course, this is for fun and in the event of a hash rate failure, I will not be obligated to make it up as noted in prior promotions. I hope I'm not leaving out any details. I will stay active with the announcements as well as open to hearing some feedback or details that should be edited.

Thanks everyone and MINE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaud

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:19:30 AM

Welp, my plan took a dive. I'm gonna tweak my rules a bit and give it one last shot before I call it off because it's going to get lost in the pages anyway. I think the changes will open it up to a lot more miners who may have a good answer (including NEW miners).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTC 50 TH/s giveaway !!!! BTC

I want to see how well the small miners understand this and can explain it on a level where YOU(and others, including myself) fully understand it. I want that light bulb to go off and have ZERO doubt about how we are getting paid for our shares and I will donate 50 TH/s for a period of 5 days to a lucky winner.

My rules:

1- You have to have been mining on Kano's Pool with a hash rate between 1 and 20 TH/s
2- The rewarded hash has to be pointed at Kano's pool.  (to be confirmed by Kano)
3- You have to submit your answer in response to this quote and give 2 working examples including the payouts calculated.
4- padrinogtr will have to be able to explain his new understanding with his own example in response to the submitted answer and have the answer's accuracy verified by Kano.
5- New miners to the pool are welcome, though you will have had to have been here for at least the last block (this will help ramp your 5Nd up much sooner!!)

The 5 day 50 TH/s award will start as soon as I am able to see confirmation and have access to my controllers. I will of course need a worker name.
I understand this is dependent on some cooperation from others, but hey it's 50 TH/s on the line and I'm currently only running about 70 TH/s, so it's a big deal to me.

5 days - 50 TH/s .... don't let us down padrinogtr!!!!!! There was talk of others donating some hash too. If their offer is still good, that hash will be separate and in addition to the 50 TH/s I am donating.

*Of course, this is for fun and in the event of a hash rate failure, I will not be obligated to make it up as noted in prior promotions. I hope I'm not leaving out any details. I will stay active with the announcements as well as open to hearing some feedback or details that should be edited.

lol we tried i think if i was to chose i like the mining analogy the best (forgot who wrote it ) or perhaps the cookies Cheesy i sorta got it better figured out myself by seeing the hash as a function of time rather then quantity of work but to each there own in the end it was jst easier to ask the forum how long till im fully ramped up Cheesy. then u get full payments and if u quit you will get smaller payments until no payments Cheesy. instead of being a plateau u immediately jump on you have a small ramp up and down so u dont trip or fall Cheesy weather or not its better or worse is still a matter of luck on when and how many blocks are found which u cannot predict so dosent really matter as long as u decide u are in it for the long hall.

HEAR BLOCKY BLOCKY !!!!!!!
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:19:47 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 03:24:38 AM by WBF1

My rules:

You set rules and mentioned an answer but didn't mention a question, so im gonna assume the answer is 42.

EDIT: WATCH OUT NOW HERE WE COME...!

perfectplus174

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:26:24 AM

My rules:

You set rules and mentioned an answer but didn't mention a question, so im gonna assume the answer is 42.

Oops! I copied and edited the original which was following a quote. I can't fix it at this point in time, I'll have to come back to that.

The competition is basically to explain the 5Nd in the simplest form. There have been many explanations, but it is still somewhat of a mystery to many. It was in response to a certain member (padrinogtr) not being able to get it no matter what. He has to understand the answer in a way that he can explain it to others. I'm assuming he's a he...

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:26:56 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 04:26:06 AM by clgrissom3

It's good to see BTC over $11,000 again Cheesy
gaud

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:28:59 AM

My rules:

Oops! I copied and edited the original which was following a quote. I can't fix it at this point in time, I'll have to come back to that.

The competition is basically to explain the 5Nd in the simplest form. There have been many explanations, but it is still somewhat of a mystery to many. It was in response to a certain member (padrinogtr) not being able to get it no matter what. He has to understand the answer in a way that he can explain it to others. I'm assuming he's a he...

u may wish to mention he likes visual learning too. ie pictures Cheesy
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:08:18 AM

Last time I posted about the pool getting the expected block at 100% we got the block at 101%

Here's posting again at the expected % Cheesy

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
soma909

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:14:54 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 04:45:45 AM by soma909

BTC  5 day - 50 TH/s giveaway !!!! BTC

My rules:

I'll take you up on that offer Smiley Unfortunately I'm unlikely to get above 800/900 GH/s for a week or two.....  Sad Mining with the same username I use on this board.
https://imgur.com/msSFSBv.png

https://imgur.com/AZdQqYn.png
Pages: « 1 ... 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: