Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 [2203] 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Antnoob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:55:24 AM

Thanks both of you !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Antnoob

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:30:48 PM

Unfortunately it seems that site was abandoned, sign up is impossible, old users are also reporting it stopped working months ago.

I was using MRR so far for the rig offline notification, but it was banned from Kano Sad. Having no such notifications is kind of a problem, my miners are 1 year old already, in a distant DC and I need to know when some hashboard is stuck and reboot is needed Sad ...
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:31:29 PM

Unfortunately it seems that site was abandoned, sign up is impossible, old users are also reporting it stopped working months ago.

I was using MRR so far for the rig offline notification, but it was banned from Kano Sad. Having no such notifications is kind of a problem, my miners are 1 year old already, in a distant DC and I need to know when some hashboard is stuck and reboot is needed Sad ...

Did you try the android app or the iphone app?  Also, www.minergain.com has a miner monitoring part for KanoPool workers.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 08:44:14 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find an option in the pool to receive email alerts once my miner gets offline or the hashrate drops below normal (one of the hashboards gets stuck and reboot is needed). Is there such an option and where can I find it?

Thank you in advance!

Minergain definitely does that (and now i don't know how to stop it). You register an account, configure your api and it will start sending you emails when things go wrong (which for me its sadly too often).

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Antnoob

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:58:39 PM

Thanks guys,

I tested the Android app, it can monitor only the total hashrate, not particular  miners,but does the job as a start, I'll test Minergain also later.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:37:46 PM

Thanks guys,

I tested the Android app, it can monitor only the total hashrate, not particular  miners,but does the job as a start, I'll test Minergain also later.
Looks like Zach's has been dead for a couple of months, I've removed it from the first post.

I don't advertise minergain coz it's also altcoins and other pools.
Altcoins, I'll have nothing to do with, they're all scams.

But yeah try it Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 04:08:29 AM

there is also awesome miner - I use it to monitor all 20 of my miners regardless of what pool they are on, but I think that has to be enabled at site where miners are and if you are remote then you need their web services. The iPhone app for kano/ck pool works great for notifying me when/if my miners go offline or start declining in hash rate but it does not offer any control over the miners as it is from pool side not miner side of course.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:21:03 PM

there is also awesome miner...
FYI I think someone mentioned the newest S9 firmware disables SSH, which renders Awesome Miner useless, but this may need confirmed by someone else since I'm Canaan-only.

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:29:44 PM

there is also awesome miner...
FYI I think someone mentioned the newest S9 firmware disables SSH, which renders Awesome Miner useless, but this may need confirmed by someone else since I'm Canaan-only.
Awesome miner should probably fix that ...
Monitoring your miner via the API still works fine.

Rebooting your miner via the API has never been the most reliable way to fix a miner.
If you have miners that need rebooting every day using that tool, then you probably need to do something about the miners ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 08:52:33 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2019, 09:14:11 PM by minergain.com

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find an option in the pool to receive email alerts once my miner gets offline or the hashrate drops below normal (one of the hashboards gets stuck and reboot is needed). Is there such an option and where can I find it?

Thank you in advance!

Minergain definitely does that (and now i don't know how to stop it). You register an account, configure your api and it will start sending you emails when things go wrong (which for me its sadly too often).
If you go into the Monitor / Settings area, you can set the percentage threshold for when you receive alerts. I have mine set to 40% for the emails and 20% for the text alerts.  That will make it much more reliable.  Unfortunately there are times where the shares submitted on the Kano side swings a lot wider than if you were monitoring the devices directly.  If you set it to 0%, then it will never send alerts...  

Speaking of monitoring directly, I wonder if there may be interest for an appliance that you put inside your firewall that monitor your miners directly and auto reboot them if they get below a threshold.  It would also show info on the minergain web site of course.  I do that with my own miners so I only need to deal with power supply or fan failure.  The rest is handled automatically.  Unfortunately if I did this, it would not be free (probably a couple hundred for the pc / monitoring software).   

**Edit and Kano is right, if your miners need rebooting more than a couple times a month, there likely are other issues that need to be looked into. 

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 01:53:15 AM

ouch man you are always so harsh on anything and everything that is not your pool and not BTC - I love your pool but damn you need some cheering up or something Smiley

dunno, I have zero issues with my S9's outside of every few updates of AM I have to completely uninstall it and do a fresh install as it begins to loose connection which requires me to connect directly to the miners and do a reboot.

what I do now is every 5 or 6 updates of AM, I just uninstall it. I also now only run it when I am not on site - so far that seems to have stopped the issue of where the software looses API connection to my miners.

It only ever looses connection to my miners that are on Kano, never to the ones on other pools - not sure why that even matters though - I have swapped out miners to see if it is the miner but it is only ones on kano's pool that AM has issues with.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:14:21 AM

ouch man you are always so harsh on anything and everything that is not your pool and not BTC - I love your pool but damn you need some cheering up or something Smiley
You clearly were not part of BTC when they started.
I've had this stance LONG before I ran a pool.
I was involved in the forum for over 3 years before I started the pool.

They are all scams, I have no interest in being involved with scams, though many miners seem to have no problem with that.
They're mostly built on the idea of pump and dump.
Leave the suckers who stay around with the worthless results of the coin.
Not my interest to be involved in that sorta shit.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 03:48:24 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:58:39 AM by Stryfe

They are all scams, I have no interest in being involved with scams, though many miners seem to have no problem with that.

been mining since 2009, your opinion is yours to have though. but shouldnt call all the rest of us suckers just because we dont share your view. i have made a lot off of alt coins as i have BTC. but as always when someone doesnt share your view, you jump to assumptions that they either one are noobs or idiots. But I best be quiet now or you may just kick me off your pool and my ramp up will be lost, I cant have that now Smiley I will agree I have seen many coins come/go with the pump and dump behavior but I believe many of them are trying to have legitimate uses for the blockchain but some succeed and some fail. again, I just find it narrow minded to claim we ARE ALL suckers/idiots just because we use something that even dares have anything to do with altcoins.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:01:05 AM

been mining since 2009, your opinion is yours to have though. but shouldnt call all the rest of us suckers just because we dont share your view. i have made a lot off of alt coins as i have BTC. but as always when someone doesnt share your view, you jump to assumptions that they either one are noobs or idiots. But I best be quiet now or you may just kick me off your pool and my ramp up will be lost, I cant have that
Where exactly did I call you a sucker, or an idiot?

If you were around when the altcoins started in 2011, then you should WELL know that they are all based on getting as much money as possible from everyone involved to the scamcoin creator and leaving the majority high and dry with a loss.

I clearly called the suckers those who are left high and dry with scam coins worth nothing.
That's what most altcoin miners consider OK.

Bitcoin was created to build "A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" without needing to trust 3rd parties/ financial institutions.
Thus it clearly has value in doing that and does that.

Altcoins were created in general to make the creator money out of nothing by copying the BTC idea ... as so many of the MANY hundreds of altcoins clearly have shown.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 03:16:20 PM

you pretty much said anyone who stays with the coin is a sucker above - I have several alt coins - of which, none of them have lost me more than BTC has Smiley some of which I have held on to for quite some time.

I guess my point is this - you are pretty much a total dick to anyone/everyone that mentions anything that is not your own doing or something you promote. There was no need to bash anyone or anything in the replies, but I guess it is your thread so you can do so.

If you were around when the altcoins started in 2011, then you should WELL know that they are all based on getting as much money as possible from everyone involved to the scamcoin creator and leaving the majority high and dry with a loss.

I clearly called the suckers those who are left high and dry with scam coins worth nothing.
That's what most altcoin miners consider OK.

Bitcoin was created to build "A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" without needing to trust 3rd parties/ financial institutions.
Thus it clearly has value in doing that and does that.

Altcoins were created in general to make the creator money out of nothing by copying the BTC idea ... as so many of the MANY hundreds of altcoins clearly have shown.

I was and yes some are but not all are scamcoins - and just because you say they all are - does not make it so.

you said anyone holding them - not just the ones left high and dry - clearly.

no one argued the validity of Bitcoin.

Not all of them are "out of nothing" and yes many of them have - but not all....

simply by saying many of them and not all of them, you contradict even yourself.

alas - I know many people like you. You are right, if you are wrong then we need to remember that you are right - always right. There is no way to ever have you believe you are wrong about anything. Thus, I will be quiet before I get banned off the pool.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 10:48:06 PM

Hi guys,

Thank you in advance!

If you go into the Monitor / Settings area, you can set the percentage threshold for when you receive alerts. I have mine set to 40% for the emails and 20% for the text alerts.  That will make it much more reliable.  Unfortunately there are times where the shares submitted on the Kano side swings a lot wider than if you were monitoring the devices directly.  If you set it to 0%, then it will never send alerts...  

Speaking of monitoring directly, I wonder if there may be interest for an appliance that you put inside your firewall that monitor your miners directly and auto reboot them if they get below a threshold.  It would also show info on the minergain web site of course.  I do that with my own miners so I only need to deal with power supply or fan failure.  The rest is handled automatically.  Unfortunately if I did this, it would not be free (probably a couple hundred for the pc / monitoring software).

I didn't mention it but actually that appears bugged as well, or, it simply won't reflect the changes. If you change those values and refresh the page, they appear back to the defaults. This gave me no clue to know if they were changed or not, and i was looking for a quick way to simply disable the notifications entirely at least until internet and power stabilizes here, but couldn't find any way (or a means to delete the account). Best i could do was mess the api key, which seems to have stopped the emails.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:51:39 PM

Minergain - you need to have a thread somewhere to discuss your site since it is multiple pools and includes multiple scamcoins ...

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:35:34 AM

Minergain - you need to have a thread somewhere to discuss your site since it is multiple pools and includes multiple scamcoins ...
Sorry for the issue Artemis3.  There can definitely be an issue but an even bigger possibility is a 5 minute memory cache that I recently added into the system that may not be flushed on the update.  I am even sorrier that there seems to be a great disdain about minergain by our fearless leader.  With Kano's latest comment and prior communication with him, I obviously am not a good programmer and it feels as though I am one of the stupidest people in the world to offer tools and information to try to help new people navigate the complex world of crypto for free.  For that reason - I am not going to fight it and will kill the site and just utilize it for data gathering for my own purposes.  I have de-activated everyone's background monitoriing so hopefully you will not get more alerts.  If you do, please PM me, email me at cryptomike@strandvision.com or visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5129544.msg50518115 and I will get it removed.

For the time being, I will still mine here (assuming I am allowed), but I have to be honest that the abuse that CCGLLC recently took for sharing his thoughts (and thoughts that others have also shared over the years), I am heavily leaning towards moving on.  Kano, I have always been honored to be able to communicate directly with such a formative person in the bitcoin industry, but lately your master developer pride seems to be overshadowing the very caring person that I know you are.  I can only imagine the stress you are under to juggle all you do.  If you ever have the inclination to ask for my help, I will gladly share it.  If I am banned from all of the Kano communication mediums, I wish every one of you an amazing and extremely profitable 2019.

No idea why you want to raise drama in your post there ...

But is seems you do already have a forum thread thus I'll redirect anyone with questions about your site to that thread.

Zach and the iPad app have a thread here to discuss them also - you do also - so that's the point of my post.

Seems rather simple ... I'll even repeat the one line here again:

If you want to discuss ccgllc who left the pool then PMed me (and woke me up) at 1am in the morning (6 hours after he left) to tell me why the payouts are no good on the pool, then yeah we can discuss that anywhere you want? Smiley
And what exactly was that abuse? Feel free to copy paste ANYTHING I've said Smiley
Just make sure you aren't making things up like in your post above ... copy paste exactly what I said ...

BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:24:46 AM

Whoo-wee! Sure could use a block right about now...

Sad to see the tension build around here. Been over a year since I've read this much in-fighting.

Let's keep it together, folks! We're not even over 100% yet!!! Grin

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 05:06:34 AM

Whoo-wee! Sure could use a block right about now...

Sad to see the tension build around here. Been over a year since I've read this much in-fighting.

Let's keep it together, folks! We're not even over 100% yet!!! Grin

Looks like everyone needs a full meal of some Chipotle so we can shit our brains out and clean out our systems!

BTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!
Pages: « 1 ... 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 [2203] 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: