Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel bad bandwagon bulls (ie the non tech savy bull)  (Read 2781 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:34:51 AM

There is nothing random about choosing bitcoin over gold. Bitcoin is better. I might, eventually, get some gold to sit beside my coins - but it will be done with fiat which is not otherwise doing anything useful. So sometime after 10k, if ever.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:43:26 PM

but but.. I buy BTC for BTC..
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:22:55 AM

Aaand, added OP to my ignore list. I suggest you all do the same.
Very strongly considering it, but he is just above my retardation cutoff. At least he uses whole sentences and real words.

I used to have the same principle. Only "full retards" went on my ignore list.

But then newbie jail was abandoned. And one fallling sockpuppet after another appeared. And shroomskit's passive-aggressive rants during. every. fucking. drop. really got on my nerves.

So I started handing out ignores more liberally. Troll, smart or not, goes on my ignore. I make one exception, for jorgetrollfi, because he's our resident  anti-Bitcoin celebrity. Xiao here went on my ignore about a week ago - for manipulative book talking at its finest.

I think removal of newbie jail has worsened the forum considerably. How is it a good thing for the majority of posters to have to /ignore a lots of new posters on a regular basis? Casual visitors or newbies to the site also have to contend with a significant number of book talking troll manipulation threads like this one spamming the front page, and drowning out anything of meaning or value.

Blitz: perhaps you could look into reinstituting newbie jail?

Problem is, xiao isn't a newbie. He just decided to take an influence on the market, and posts accordingly now. Even possible that he sold his account. Doesn't really matter though what the reason is: my point is, newbie jail doesn't help for cases like this (and stupid as this thread is, it doesn't warrant deletion either).

But agreed on the request to get back newbie probation. There's a petition in the 'meta' forum asking for exactly that, but it looks like theymos (who's realistically the one to address in this matter) doesn't see the need to do so :/

even as a newbie, i always thought the newbie prison was a very smart idea.

At first i was a little disappointed i wasn't allowed to reply to the topics i wanted, but then i realized it was for the benefit of the forums as a whole, so i just accepted the fact that i had to get used to crypto before to prevent people from to attempt to prevent people from posting bullshit on the forums.

the removal of newbie prison was one of the biggest mistakes they have made around here.

It's also a bit sad they removed the colored ignore buttons (it made it easy to spot trolls, without even having to read their posts). Also, some trolls are posting such stupid things, that i often need to read several of their posts to confirm they are actually stupid, because at first i usually think they are just joking. So back then i used to ignore people with colored ignore buttons with even the slightest sign of them trolling, while giving others the benefit of the doubt when i saw a single retarded post (everyone can make a retarded post every now and then, and sometimes it's just a really crappy attempt at humor).

Nowadays I usually just 'manually' ignore people, and remember their username in my head. And when i decide they crossed a line once too often they are welcomed into my permanent ignore list.
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:52:04 AM

Very strongly considering it, but he is just above my retardation cutoff. At least he uses whole sentences and real words.

But then newbie jail was abandoned. And one fallling sockpuppet after another appeared. And shroomskit's passive-aggressive rants during. every. fucking. drop. really got on my nerves.

So I started handing out ignores more liberally. Troll, smart or not, goes on my ignore. I make one exception, for jorgetrollfi, because he's our resident  anti-Bitcoin celebrity. Xiao here went on my ignore about a week ago - for manipulative book talking at its finest.

I think removal of newbie jail has worsened the forum considerably. How is it a good thing for the majority of posters to have to /ignore a lots of new posters on a regular basis? Casual visitors or newbies to the site also have to contend with a significant number of book talking troll manipulation threads like this one spamming the front page, and drowning out anything of meaning or value.

Blitz: perhaps you could look into reinstituting newbie jail?

Problem is, xiao isn't a newbie. He just decided to take an influence on the market, and posts accordingly now. Even possible that he sold his account. Doesn't really matter though what the reason is: my point is, newbie jail doesn't help for cases like this (and stupid as this thread is, it doesn't warrant deletion either).

But agreed on the request to get back newbie probation. There's a petition in the 'meta' forum asking for exactly that, but it looks like theymos (who's realistically the one to address in this matter) doesn't see the need to do so :/

even as a newbie, i always thought the newbie prison was a very smart idea.

At first i was a little disappointed i wasn't allowed to reply to the topics i wanted, but then i realized it was for the benefit of the forums as a whole, so i just accepted the fact that i had to get used to crypto before to prevent people from to attempt to prevent people from posting bullshit on the forums.

the removal of newbie prison was one of the biggest mistakes they have made around here.

It's also a bit sad they removed the colored ignore buttons (it made it easy to spot trolls, without even having to read their posts). Also, some trolls are posting such stupid things, that i often need to read several of their posts to confirm they are actually stupid, because at first i usually think they are just joking. So back then i used to ignore people with colored ignore buttons with even the slightest sign of them trolling, while giving others the benefit of the doubt when i saw a single retarded post (everyone can make a retarded post every now and then, and sometimes it's just a really crappy attempt at humor).

Nowadays I usually just 'manually' ignore people, and remember their username in my head. And when i decide they crossed a line once too often they are welcomed into my permanent ignore list.

Lol @ me selling my account.  I feel honored that you guys think i have decided to "take an influence on the MARKET".  Thank you thank you!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 01:03:40 AM

but but.. I buy BTC for BTC..

I sell bitcoins for bitcoin

click link in my sig.

... highly flexible prices.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:09:59 AM

They got rid of newbie jail? God damn, what were they thinking. Like these forums clearly don't have enough trolls, let's just open the floodgates and have the teeming masses pour in by the bucketload. Undecided
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: