Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:44:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165491 times)
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:24:05 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 04:04:26 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:35:27 PM

I think he didnt tell you everything in that PM

I no longer want to short Monero. You can rest easier. What I found can be fixed (if it isn't already). I believe I found BCX's exploit, although it is possible I found one that is different than his. And I believe he is incorrect about it not being fixable. At first thought, I too also thought it was a "coin killer".

Note I haven't worked through one part of the math so it is still possible that I am incorrect about this being an exploit, but I think I got the key epiphany of the exploit which makes it is possible.

It is also possible that this was already thought of and mitigated. I haven't checked the source code to verify. This is all conceptual at this point.
LOL. time to lock thread?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

And right after sending that PM, we get this on the forum:

I no longer want to short Monero. You can rest easier. What I found can be fixed (if it isn't already). I believe I found BCX's exploit, although it is possible I found one that is different than his. And I believe he is incorrect about it not being fixable. At first thought, I too also thought it was a "coin killer".

Note I haven't worked through one part of the math so it is still possible that I am incorrect about this being an exploit, but I think I got the key epiphany of the exploit which makes it is possible.

It is also possible that this was already thought of and mitigated. I haven't checked the source code to verify. This is all conceptual at this point.

So there is no Monero coin killer, can we all calm down now?
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:38:46 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 11:29:12 PM by BitcoinEXpress

delete
Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

I had a sudden epiphany while at dinner which is BCX's exploit, well at least I can find the i == s and from that it may be possible to factor 'x' the private key.

I am trying to think of a fix. So far I can not think of any fix. I think BCX is correct, this is a coin killer.

I will also be contacting BCX to see if he wants to buy it from me since he wrote publicly that someone offered in 100 BTC for this.

BCX, do you have any interest in buying this from me instead of me selling to James, smooth, or BrilliantRocket?

This quote seems to be kinda incorrect? It is not an publicy avaiable quote, but certainly not a PM, because he talks about you, BCX, in a "third-person-fashion" - not like you are his conservations-partner.

Atleast I would not use his name as someone outside of the conservation like Caesar did with himself

I think BCX is correct, this is a coin killer.

I will also be contacting BCX to see if he wants to buy it from me since he wrote publicly that someone offered in 100 BTC for this.

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
Cryptobro

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

I had a sudden epiphany while at dinner which is BCX's exploit, well at least I can find the i == s and from that it may be possible to factor 'x' the private key.

I am trying to think of a fix. So far I can not think of any fix. I think BCX is correct, this is a coin killer.

BCX, do you have any interest in buying this from me instead of me selling to James, smooth, or BrilliantRocket?

This quote seems to be kinda incorrect? It is not an publicy avaiable quote, but certainly not a PM, because he talks about you, BCX, in a "third-person-fashion" - not like you are his conservations-partner.

Atleast I would not use his name as someone outside of the conservation like Caesar did with himself

he may have sent the PM to multiple people...
Quanttek

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:50:16 PM

That's true, but which other people were part of the conversation? BCX could call out this people and they should be able to verify it then.

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:52:11 PM

Well whatever the case may be, he declares in PM that it is a coin killer and about 18 minutes later declares publicly that it is mostly no big deal.

Even if the exploit were to be used, it's almost like a zero day where it would be one use and quickly discovered and permanently fixed.
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:53:25 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 11:29:30 PM by BitcoinEXpress

delete
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:58:34 PM

BitcoinEXpress: What is the reason for not disclosing your findings to monero devs? From what I understand you are not looking to sell anything. Why keep it to yourself?

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:01:11 PM

BitcoinEXpress: What is the reason for not disclosing your findings to monero devs? From what I understand you are not looking to sell anything. Why keep it to yourself?

Because there is no exploit?
Stealthcoin

Activity: 82
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:02:44 PM

He is waiting if the great "Bitcoin" team can find it too because they always tell how awesome they are and every other coins are shit.
Stealthcoin

Activity: 82
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:04:07 PM

Because there is no exploit?

There is always a exploit in new technology/algorithmen. Especially if you just clone the source code without understanding it.
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

holy smokes, the same shit all over again Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Guys if you seriously even bother discussing the matter with BitcoinEXpress I'm laughing my ass off.

It has been confirmed so many times now that there is *No Exploit* and there has been *No Exploit*, the only matter of fact is that BCX made it all up and is entirely debunked now.

I repeat, for all those that still respected BCX for some reason (totally incomprehensible) have now all the reasons in the world to realize that he's just Mr. Fat Mouth without anything behind his claims whatsoever.

What a fucking fail, BCX. You fail on all levels, the only thing you might have succeeded in is the crash you initiated to buy in Monero as low as possible. Congratulations for being the #1 fail in the crypto world, BCX. Thanks for entertaining us by being an utter asshat.

Time to carry on, Monero doesn't need all of this BCX-wannabe-FUD waste of time...
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:17:24 PM

..and still later we got this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786201.msg8900064#msg8900064

“God does not play dice"
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

FWIW, I am pretty entertained.  Grin
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:21:24 PM

holy smokes, the same shit all over again Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Guys if you seriously even bother discussing the matter with BitcoinEXpress I'm laughing my ass off.

It has been confirmed so many times now that there is *No Exploit* and there has been *No Exploit*, the only matter of fact is that BCX made it all up and is entirely debunked now.

I repeat, for all those that still respected BCX for some reason (totally incomprehensible) have now all the reasons in the world to realize that he's just Mr. Fat Mouth without anything behind his claims whatsoever.

What a fucking fail, BCX. You fail on all levels, the only thing you might have succeeded in is the crash you initiated to buy in Monero as low as possible. Congratulations for being the #1 fail in the crypto world, BCX. Thanks for entertaining us by being an utter asshat.

Time to carry on, Monero doesn't need all of this BCX-wannabe-FUD waste of time...

I did carry on, after I sold all my Monero.....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:22:51 PM

..and still later we got this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786201.msg8900064#msg8900064

I think that link (post) was before both the ones being discussed in this thread, have a look at the times, I'm really tired and might be wrong, so I apologize in advance.
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:25:27 PM

Correct. Everyone calm down. I am not even 100% sure if the developers haven't already thought of it and have mitigation already in place.

Relax while we work through it. I doubt it will take a long time.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:29:19 PM

I think that link (post) was before both the ones being discussed in this thread, have a look at the times, I'm really tired and might be wrong, so I apologize in advance.

You appear to be right. Sorry to add to the confusion. It is quite confusing, isn't it.

“God does not play dice"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: