Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165491 times)
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:24:12 PM

Rpietila wrote publicly only 4 - 8% chance of any lasting harm to Monero.

The same guy who said Bitcoin wouldn't fall below $400 twice and I am the same guy who PUBLICLY predicted both times it would.

And my group got out at $485 and bought back in below $400 because in the $500s I told them it would go below $400 again to retest the prior bottom.

Edit: If BCX doesn't attack successfully, Rpietila will be correct, for a short time.

Impressive.

I also recall rptiella being the same guy that bought bitcoin at $10.

Indeed and he deserves credit for that along with 1000s of others. But that wasn't a short-term trading analysis.

dear god.  can we just setup a webcam so you guys can whip them out and see who's is bigger & drop the facade?

geez

He and smooth et al also said it was following a FUD cycle and had bottomed at 380. Then we went below 300.

Sorry I know they know everything. Very sorry I don't speak facts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:25:28 PM

Rpietila wrote publicly only 4 - 8% chance of any lasting harm to Monero.

The same guy who said Bitcoin wouldn't fall below $400 twice and I am the same guy who PUBLICLY predicted both times it would.

And my group got out at $485 and bought back in below $400 because in the $500s I told them it would go below $400 again to retest the prior bottom.

Edit: If BCX doesn't attack successfully, Rpietila will be correct, for a short time.

Impressive.

I also recall rptiella being the same guy that bought bitcoin at $10.

Indeed and he deserves credit for that along with 1000s of others. But that wasn't a short-term trading analysis.

dear god.  can we just setup a webcam so you guys can whip them out and see who's is bigger & drop the facade?

geez

He and smooth et al also said it was following a FUD cycle and had bottomed at 380. Then we went below 300.

True, but I'm sure they hadn't(as neither could any of us) taken into account this whole situation arising with BCX. That in itself(along with Bitcoin in it's bearish state) caused the further price fall.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:27:36 PM

I don't remember "calling a bottom" and I consider it unlikely that I did since that isn't really my thing. I did observe that there appeared to be a cycle in the pricing data.

TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:29:32 PM

What about the herding of the Altcoin forum into your gains on the coins you bought cheap and or mined cheap?
I haven't sold any of my XMR, so obviously I have a lot to lose if something were to go wrong.

Something will go very wrong.
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 05:37:56 PM

This whole story got me really tired
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:39:35 PM

Pretty comical that a core developer chooses to go to the beach when this is going down. I have a family as well but if my coin was at risk of dying I'd put 100% in fixing that first.

How do you get that? There's been a claim with virtually no details, that we can neither refute or accept. So what are we meant to fix, exactly?

Would you prefer it if I feverishly read through every line of code in an abject panic?

Until BCX either provides some more technical details, or he just carries out his attack in 2 days time, we don't know *if* there is an exploit, what its nature is, or where to even start looking. So we carry on as normal, investing plenty of time in Monero, without needlessly panicking, because if we panic we will accomplish nothing.

Anonymint doesn't seem to have any affiliation with Monero and he seems to be working his ass off. Even during dinner.  As a core developer you are  the equivalent of the CEO and in so you have the responsibility towards the share holders (investors) to be on top of this. If I was invested in a company where they hit some serious problems I'd be pretty pissed off if the CEO said he would hit the beach with his wife and stated there are other things in life that matter, not only this company. I would expect the CEO to be working at full speed. If he couldn't solve it himself he would be networking, talking to people who potentially could, speaking to investors trying to calm the market etc. Your reply was another fail in my eyes.
If someone were to announce they were going to leak every email stored on gmail in 72 hours, do you expect Google to actually take it serious after they did the same thing to Yahoo mail a year ago?  Roll Eyes

LoL, Ask Target that... or what about home depot?

Target CEO salary paid by shareholders: $ lots
Home Depot salary paid by shareholders: $ lots
Amount of money paid by investors to HD and Target for shares sold by the company: $ lots

Amount paid for my XMR salary: $0
Amount paid by coin holders to the project for coins sold by the project: $0

Get it?

If you want to help, please volunteer and we will come up for some part of the project for you to work on. Or donate. Otherwise GTFO, we're not interested in your shilling, sniping or trolling.

Wow, he wants a salary, they rest of the devs want money, or they will work "SLOWLY", and all of this has been the issue and been the THEIR STORY FOR DAYS, now IT STILL IS as the coin is getting attacked.

Im sure if some people "ponied" up some BTC, they would be singing a different tune throughout the current attack!!

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:40:01 PM

I think, while it may be partially true, that your achievements didn't get honored enough, It's also partially misinterpretation. While you go the more theoretical way, that any flaw should be fixed as fast as possible and than even in edge cases no attack vector should exist, fluffypony is going the more simple way (and you may want to cal it realistic way), in that an attack can be mitgated post-happening through some centralized efforts, which is at it's gist only a different approach (and thus a different opinion), then yours (and to be quite frankly the worse). Though this can be interpreted as downplaying and disrespecting your efforts.
"When we can rollback the attack, why should we bother?" seems to be your interpretation of fluffypony's posts, but it's more of an
"We are trying as hard as possible to find the exploit and are supporting your efforts, but if we won't be able to fix it in time, we still can go the centralized and worse way in trying to rollback it similiar to Bitcoin".

I think everyone is aware that a post-mitgation is always worse, fluffy just wanted to show a (worse) way in mitgating it afterwards, but by still being fully aware of the disadvantages of this.

Please don't mistake a different opinion with disresepct or trolling and continue to work on it, you're doing a great job!

It's kind of troubling that a small group of people can just up and decide to roll back your coins and transactions.  I'm pretty sure that is one of the last resorts they want to use, but the fact that that scenario exists also means that there is a way to potentially exploit that as well.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:40:23 PM

Stop being douche nozzles and listen to Anonymint....
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:49:15 PM

If you want to help, please volunteer and we will come up for some part of the project for you to work on. Or donate. Otherwise GTFO, we're not interested in your shilling, sniping or trolling.

Wow, he wants a salary, they rest of the devs want money, or they will work "SLOWLY", and all of this has been the issue and been the THEIR STORY FOR DAYS, now IT STILL IS as the coin is getting attacked.

Im sure if some people "ponied" up some BTC, they would be singing a different tune throughout the current attack!!

Reading comprehension is difficult for you so I will clear it up. Make a donation which will not go to me but will help pay for other expenses of the project. You know the ones I and other developers have paid out of pocket.

Actually though, just plain GTFO. You are an annoying troll.

evergrow

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 05:53:57 PM

Why don't we have a proper forum on our own yet? Devs could you please open one asap?

It really shouldn't be that half of all threads in the section are about Monero, I believe this is causing great damage to the overall users' perception of the coin.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:57:55 PM

Why don't we have a proper forum on our own yet? Devs could you please open one asap?

It really shouldn't be that half of all threads in the section are about Monero, I believe this is causing great damage to the overall users' perception of the coin.

The number of threads is far less than a fair share based on market cap.  There is no grounds for this complaint.  It is a complaint which originated with trolls who proceeded to create many vapid threads with XMR or Monero in the title.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:01:08 PM

I figure I've got a couple of days to learn how and set something up.

I've never mined a damn thing...don't know anything about it.  Can I mine CPU?  Can I use Amazon ec2?  How to set that up?  I will find some reading on it tomorrow night, but if anybody can point me to shortcuts, PM me or post here.

My experience, best XMR GPU miner is
Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v7.0
. 5% mining fee but fastest optimization for my AMD cards.

Best CPU miner is Yam's M7v miner

Yam's is 1% mining fee and tailored to CPU type. You will need to know your CPU micro-architecture so that you can download the proper Yam build for your CPU.  He also has a good generic build for Non AES_NI CPU's but it is a bit slower as are ALL non AES_NI miners.  See  http://www.cpu-world.com/ to reference your CPU micro-architecture.

Yam's was a little faster than wolf's to begin with, but after enabling "hugepage capability it really took off.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:02:40 PM

The number of threads is far less than a fair share based on market cap.  There is no grounds for this complaint.  It is a complaint which originated with trolls who proceeded to create many vapid threads with XMR or Monero in the title.

*Looks at litecoin market cap*

Whatever dude - what you're smoking must be good. 
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:02:48 PM

The number of threads is far less than a fair share based on market cap.  There is no grounds for this complaint.  It is a complaint which originated with trolls who proceeded to create many vapid threads with XMR or Monero in the title.

I'm not satisfied with your answer at all. I'm an investor in Monero and it makes me very angry to see this place hammered with Monero topics.

Monero is probably the only coin in the top 20 market cap that refuses to have its own forum. Like this how could one possibly complain that so many folks are annoyed of it? I can understand this sentiment.

Please change your attitude

I can change my attitude but I can't change the facts to suit your preferences.  No more can I force other people to obey your desires.

Monero has one alternative forum open today.  Another is expected to be announced this week.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:04:47 PM

The number of threads is far less than a fair share based on market cap.  There is no grounds for this complaint.  It is a complaint which originated with trolls who proceeded to create many vapid threads with XMR or Monero in the title.

I'm not satisfied with your answer at all. I'm an investor in Monero and it makes me very angry to see this place hammered with Monero topics.

Monero is probably the only coin in the top 20 market cap that refuses to have its own forum. Like this how could one possibly complain that so many folks are annoyed of it? I can understand this sentiment.

Please change your attitude

I've told them before that not having their own forums is doing more harm than good, but like anonymity said... they think they know everything. I think the Monero trolling is a direct result of not having their own forums.
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:10:43 PM

Reading comprehension is difficult for you so I will clear it up. Make a donation which will not go to me but will help pay for other expenses of the project. You know the ones I and other developers have paid out of pocket.

Actually though, just plain GTFO. You are an annoying troll.

Oh give me a break, youve been whining in the thread for a week talking about how the devs are losing their motivation, that they dont feel like putting in the extra effort like they used to, so um, yeah I can read just fine.

The sheep are begging you to PLEASE just give a detailed breakdown of they need, LIKE A REGULAR COMPANY, (sound familar)

Now you got a guy who has taken down multiple coins, doing you a favor and  tell u he could break  monero if he wanted, AM trying to help, you slapping him in the face, and even james telling you to be careful.

But what ya do? Put ur fingers in ur ear? And continue bitching about money while ur buddy is on the beach?

And this is on top of the fact that CN isnt even the best anon anymore

Did I miss anything with my poor reading skills

Um, hello mcfly

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:11:33 PM

XMR people think they know everything. So let them.

I think now you can see why BCX says he's going forward with the attack and why a lot of people dislike the Monero people.  When I was reading through the previous thread from a month or two ago where BCX talked about an attack, I was struck with just how arrogant and cavalier the Monero devs came across. Sometimes it's best to just let people get smacked upside the head.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:12:26 PM

*Looks at litecoin market cap*

Whatever dude - what you're smoking must be good. 

Litecoin should have far more threads than monero by market cap, but people just aren't interested to discuss it as much, I guess.  
XMR threads tend to be more active, so they are more visible, but if you count the threads...Do the math, dude.  

If you weight it by volume XMR should have 12 threads for every 1000 bitcoin threads, if this were a balanced forum -- which it isn't and should not be.

evergrow

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 06:13:10 PM

XMR people think they know everything. So let them.

I think now you can see why BCX says he's going forward with the attack and why a lot of people dislike the Monero people.  When I was reading through the previous thread from a month or two ago where BCX talked about an attack, I was struck with just how arrogant and cavalier the Monero devs came across. Sometimes it's best to just let people get smacked upside the head.

I'm considering not to buy back in. I begin to greatly dislike this from-the-top-down behavior of the countless "hardcore" Monero supporters.

Frankly thats just me though, other folks might think otherwise.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:13:55 PM

Um, hello mcfly

That's a perfect image.  You do play Biff well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: