Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165491 times)
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:00:56 AM

Oh my my how BCX got kinda quiet.  Roll Eyes

Looks like his "exploit" on Monero was all talk.

Surprised? Not really...  Grin

You realize Bitcoinexpress just makes all these threats to scare people into dumping so he can buy at a lower price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:35:29 AM

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/25/snowden-training-guide-for-gchq-nsa-agents-infiltrating-and-disrupting-alternative-media-online/

I do not say it is the case but regarding xmr it would make sense - it is something which is maybe out of the control of central institutions for the very first time

Rofl!  Such delusion
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:35:09 AM

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:56:54 AM

Oh my my how BCX got kinda quiet.  Roll Eyes

Looks like his "exploit" on Monero was all talk.

Surprised? Not really...  Grin

You realize Bitcoinexpress just makes all these threats to scare people into dumping so he can buy at a lower price.

Thank you for stating the obvious aside from him ego pumping.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:53:09 AM

Except it's almost half of what it was during bcx fud
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:26:30 AM

I have to admit it was succesful.
The price is nothing but tanking. Even if he was serious, I doubt he would have performed anything since Monero is tanking to the deepest pits of the ocean currently.
Was MEW able to change the emission? If no, the price might drop additional 70 % down. With the current emission the fair price of Monero is 0.0005 btc - with emission cut 60-70 % the fair price is something like 0.007-0.01 btc without pump.

Darkcoin has emission roughly 3000 coins a day and the max amount of dark coins is 22 million (however it probably will be something like 16-18 million), and the price is currently around 0.007 btc.

What are the advantages of Monero compared to Darkcoin from investor's point of view?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:39:28 PM

I have to admit it was succesful.
The price is nothing but tanking. Even if he was serious, I doubt he would have performed anything since Monero is tanking to the deepest pits of the ocean currently.
Was MEW able to change the emission? If no, the price might drop additional 70 % down. With the current emission the fair price of Monero is 0.0005 btc - with emission cut 60-70 % the fair price is something like 0.007-0.01 btc without pump.

Darkcoin has emission roughly 3000 coins a day and the max amount of dark coins is 22 million (however it probably will be something like 16-18 million), and the price is currently around 0.007 btc.

What are the advantages of Monero compared to Darkcoin from investor's point of view?

Block chain math anonymity vs node mixing service.

Instamine scam vs not scam.

The name "Darkcoin" vs "Monero"

Current pricing if both coins are worth the same allows for profit when we are down to 3000 coins a day.  Darkcoin does not.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:58:19 PM

He asked for advantages, which one has the advantage? Having the anonymity in the chain trusting the math won't be broken / is not buggy vs taking that risk out by not putting the mixing in the chain in the first place.

Oh, did you miss the lunch? Without fast distribution drk wouldn't have 1200+ masternodes running and enabling services like anonymization and instant transactions. Sometimes good things can follow from a mishappening in the beginning.

The other is instantly brandable, everyone will at least have a hunch of what it's doing.

Current pricing if both coins are worth the same allows for profit when we are down to 3000 coins a day.  Darkcoin does not.

Can't wait. How long will that be btw?
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:14:04 PM

He asked for advantages, which one has the advantage? Having the anonymity in the chain trusting the math won't be broken / is not buggy vs taking that risk out by not putting the mixing in the chain in the first place.

Oh, did you miss the lunch? Without fast distribution drk wouldn't have 1200+ masternodes running and enabling services like anonymization and instant transactions. Sometimes good things can follow from a mishappening in the beginning.

The other is instantly brandable, everyone will at least have a hunch of what it's doing.

Current pricing if both coins are worth the same allows for profit when we are down to 3000 coins a day.  Darkcoin does not.

Concerning image/branding opportunity. Monero is by far in the lead, it's name sounds like money...Dinero.. anyone? Darkcoin's sounds like something strictly illegal hence the Dark part. Darkcoin's name alone(Outside of the small crypto community here) already puts it at a large disadvantage.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:25:12 PM

Concerning image/branding opportunity. Monero is by far in the lead, it's name sounds like money...Dinero.. anyone? Darkcoin's sounds like something strictly illegal hence the Dark part. Darkcoin's name alone(Outside of the small crypto community here) already puts it at a large disadvantage.

Depends on your goals I suppose. Is it to beat bitcoin in the game of mainstream adoption?

And if it really happens that the name and branding will become a real obstacle when trying to reach certain areas of the market, that can be solved easily. I wouldn't worry about it.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:46:05 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 03:10:17 PM by rdnkjdi

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-tor-anonymity-can-busted-2500-month/

Granted the nodes aren't TOR.  But it's impossible for me to believe there aren't exploitable holes in a node based mixing service.

Math gives me more confidence for a variety of reasons.  Namely that the method can be more transparently succinctly independently verified rather than thousands of moving parts.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up the blockchain size.  It's probably my biggest problem with ring signatures - the cost of storing the blockchain on thousands of machines as well as the bandwidth is much more expensive per transaction.

Yeah ... dumping tons & tons of coins on "accident" at the beginning to early developers / adopters on purpose might be a net plus for you.  For me it's a negative.  Mostly because those early adopters can rain fire and brimstone on the head of later adopters & profit while doing so.

Profit for targeted incompetence at the expense of current adopters.

I don't have a problem with the rich dumping - but when the rich have ill gotten gains it just doesn't sit so well with me.  Maybe I'm alone in this - time will tell.  But I seriously doubt it.  For all Monero's distribution woes - it looks angelic compared to darkcoin.

A currency needs to be branded as a currency.  Not a darknet fanboys wetdream.  What I mean by this is that the majority driving force of the coin needs to happen because it's a currency - not just because it's anonymous.

Wanna know why the darknet still primarily uses bitcoin instead of an anon coin?  Because they like the currency aspect of bitcoin that no anon alt has.

People need to use it because it's money, it's easy to use, it's got a stable infrastructure, it's got long term value.  Being anonymous should just be one aspect of the proper currency.  Darkcoin sounds like something pimplefaced 17 year olds gather and exchange for random sex acts in black hoodies to feel badass.  Monero ... not so much.

The broader audience where anonymity is one aspect of the currency is where the marketing strength lies (in my opinion).

Haha - a long long time.  Darkcoin has pretty much saturated it's core audience.  Monero has lost (based on pricing) some of it's audience.  I'm betting long on the thin wallet, the branding and cryptonote in general (without a stupid name & a dedicated development team) and a PoW coin that isn't/wasn't a scam.

Congrats to Darkcoin on the instant transactions - I just think with your name, your branding, and your initial instamine you saturated your market long ago.  

It's one of the markets I forsee being weak enough to be sucked into a future coin that has less baggage.  But obviously the price doesn't agree with me right now - so it's all an opinion.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4864

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

Block chain math anonymity vs node mixing service. ...

This is no SMALL thing, as anyone who watches TOR Node security closely knows.

EDIT: I wrote this before reading the post above. DOH

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:08:51 PM

he is probably waiting for the checkpoints to expire and then he will introduce his massive fork!

unless monero peeps keep adding time check-points ever week ....
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:35:42 PM

he is probably waiting for the checkpoints to expire and then he will introduce his massive fork!

First of all checkpoints do not "expire" and second, we have a DNS checkpointing system, adding a checkpoint is as easy as updating a DNS record for us, the clients update the checkpoints "on the fly", the system itself levarages DNSSEC for security.

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:40:19 PM

First of all checkpoints do not "expire" and second, we have a DNS checkpointing system, adding a checkpoint is as easy as updating a DNS record for us, the clients update the checkpoints "on the fly", the system itself levarages DNSSEC for security.

well yeah. i do not mean expire, expire. but out of range. unless the check point is made to check to validate short block range. say 100-1000. However this make them become a centralized solution. checkpoint are not the optimal solutions. they are there to give temporary strength while the real problem is fixed. then they should be removed or brought closer to few blocks.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:38:02 PM

well yeah. i do not mean expire, expire. but out of range. unless the check point is made to check to validate short block range. say 100-1000. However this make them become a centralized solution. checkpoint are not the optimal solutions. they are there to give temporary strength while the real problem is fixed. then they should be removed or brought closer to few blocks.

There's absolutely nothing wrong to checkpoint a block that has been confirmed 1000x. Bitcoin does the same, just manually.
There's no real problem except that this forum is full of scammers and liers.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:12:54 PM

There's no real problem except that this forum is full of scammers and liers.

And our favorite, the trolls
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:00:27 AM

There's no reason to list the coin on cryptsy as long as it is continuing to decline.  Much better to let it fall until it finds a real floor, sweep them off the floor, and then list it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:44:31 PM

A few points:
1) This functionality you seek (the ability to continuously bring a checkpoint more current on a continuous and decentralized basis) is enabled by the innovation pioneered by the Monero development team.  
2) Individual miners can do it themselves, easily, without requiring any central authority.
3) The threat of a chain reorganization is always present with any PoW coin that may be subjected to a 51% attack.
4) There was no "real problem" to fix.  The problem was perception/FUD.  But the dev team recognized an opportunity for an advancement that benefits all coins and implemented it swiftly so that others need never be subjected to this brand of FUD, ever again.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:37:02 PM

From the Monero missive:

Core: DNS checkpointing. This scans TXT records on the domains checkpoints.moneropulse.net/org/se/co every hour and, unless an enforce flag is set, notifies the user where checkpoints do not match.

https://forum.monero.cc/1/news-and-announcements/47/monday-monero-missives-13-october-6th-2014

I may be missing something, but this doesn't look decentralized to me.
Unless you want to define decentralization as the ability to choose between being notified vs. automatical enforcement.

“God does not play dice"
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: