Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:34:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MagicalTux & DefaultTrust [ Why ?]  (Read 3828 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:35:29 PM

News , Will theymos update  the defaultTrust list ? we need more active/trusted users and not only a scammer like ( MagicalTux and other non-active users).

I hope to receive a response from a theymos Wink , cheers.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:30:39 AM

I personally still use DefaultTrust, because I trust theymos (if you're using this forum at all, you have some trust in him at a minimum), but I check all of a user's trust ratings and the people who created them before making a deal anyway, so I only really use my trust list for a first impression (though I haven't yet disagreed with it).

Yes, people used to trust MagicalTux too even though it was obvious there were major problems for a very long time well before the issues with the exchange were obvious.  It is unclear why some people would trust others just because they are involved in Bitcoin while claiming the legacy financial system is all corrupt.  Nobody with an ounce of common sense would trust theymos after they saw all the stuff that goes on here such as promoting fake banks where all the depositors lost or running ads for mining equipment everybody knew would not be delivered.  But, hey, a lot of people trusted Bernie Madoff too.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
MultipliedCombo

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 12:53:37 PM

News , Will theymos update  the defaultTrust list ? we need more active/trusted users and not only a scammer like ( MagicalTux and other non-active users).

Theymos does update the DefaultTrust list, but not a whole lot. Like, not a whole lot. So you wouldn't really expect much of a change any time soon.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:36:33 AM

Theymos does update the DefaultTrust list, but not a whole lot. Like, not a whole lot. So you wouldn't really expect much of a change any time soon.

Yes , I have understand but why a scammer is in the defaultTrust list ? It is amazing  Grin.

I'm still waiting a reply from theymos , please.

Have a nice day .
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:40:23 PM

It's not a problem to have a scammer in the DefaultTrust. It's only a problem if someone in DefaultTrust leaves people feedback that is false and MagicalTux hasn't done that. A non-scammer could leave people false feedback too and have to be removed from DefaultTrust. Being in DefaultTrust doesn't mean you're trustworthy, you don't get a higher score or anything.

He's still in DefaultTrust because he's on John K's list. theymos would have to remove John from DefaultTrust in order to remove MagicalTux, John was a global mod and a forum treasurer so maybe theymos doesn't want to remove him.

John could also remove MagicalTux himself but I think John is away from the forums due to health problems.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:44:04 PM

My DefaultTrust is that by default I do not trust anyone.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:47:32 PM

It's not a problem to have a scammer in the DefaultTrust. It's only a problem if someone in DefaultTrust leaves people feedback that is false and MagicalTux hasn't done that. A non-scammer could leave people false feedback too and have to be removed from DefaultTrust. Being in DefaultTrust doesn't mean you're trustworthy, you don't get a higher score or anything.

He's still in DefaultTrust because he's on John K's list. theymos would have to remove John from DefaultTrust in order to remove MagicalTux, John was a global mod and a forum treasurer so maybe theymos doesn't want to remove him.

John could also remove MagicalTux himself but I think John is away from the forums due to health problems.

What is the meaning of the word : Trust ?

You're right Wink .
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:50:21 PM

You're right Wink .

I think maybe you misunderstand what the DefaultTrust list is.

If you are on the DefaultTrust, your feedback shows up as confirmed.

If you are not on the DefaultTrust, your feedback shows up as unconfirmed.

Has MagicalTux abused this in anyway?

If not, then why must we remove him?

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:52:50 PM

You're right Wink .

I think maybe you misunderstand what the DefaultTrust list is.

If you are on the DefaultTrust, your feedback shows up as confirmed rather than unconfirmed when viewed by someone using the DefaultTrust list.

Has MagicalTux abused this in anyway?

If not, then why must we remove him?

I've only ask you one question :

Nothing else .  An untrustworthy person/user in the defaultTrust list is not admittable.
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:55:46 PM

I've only ask you one question :

Nothing else .  An untrustworthy person/user in the defaultTrust list is not admittable.

The name DefaultTrust is somewhat misleading. "PeopleWhoLeaveAccurateFeedbackList" is more accurate but it doesn't have the same ring to it Grin

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:25:23 PM

I guess its because he is innocent until proven guilty.  Perhaps we need an incompetent list mean time until we find out what happened with mtgox.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

This

He isn't on the default trust list. He is trusted by John K who is on the default trust list. Set your trust depth to 1 (Just people on the list) and not 2 (People trusted by people on the list) and MagicalTux will be there no more.

Its really not a big deal since neither of them are active, but its not really in Theymos' control. He can control who is on the default trust list, he can't control who those people trust. So the options are A) JohnK comes back and removes MagicalTux or B) Theymos removes JohnK
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:49:34 PM

This

He isn't on the default trust list. He is trusted by John K who is on the default trust list. Set your trust depth to 1 (Just people on the list) and not 2 (People trusted by people on the list) and MagicalTux will be there no more.

Its really not a big deal since neither of them are active, but its not really in Theymos' control. He can control who is on the default trust list, he can't control who those people trust. So the options are A) JohnK comes back and removes MagicalTux or B) Theymos removes JohnK

Thank  you for your comment , but  I'm still thinking  that  it is not possible to have an untrustworthy person in that list . However we are here only to make a clean discussion about the actual defaulTrust list ( and I'm still waiting a reply from an administrator  Cheesy).

Cheers.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:42:29 AM

Nothing , for an administrator doesn't matter to have a scammer in the defaultTrust ? I think it is amazing .

However I hope that list will updated in the new forum software, thanks for the attention guys .
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 10:29:58 AM

Nothing , for an administrator doesn't matter to have a scammer in the defaultTrust ? I think it is amazing .

However I hope that list will updated in the new forum software, thanks for the attention guys .

As MagicalTux isn't active here, there isn't any problem. I think that's why they(Admins) aren't bothering about this. Roll Eyes

I think an option to report trust feedback(1) and a moderated DefaultTrust list would be a good idea though (1) would be a big pain for moderators, so that should be secondary option or some trust feedback admin should be made - they can be users who put correct feedback, not all DF list members.

~~MZ~~

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:02:47 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 11:05:28 AM by redsn0w

As MagicalTux isn't active here, there isn't any problem. I think that's why they(Admins) aren't bothering about this. Roll Eyes

Yes , you're right  but I think it's better to remove him (manually) from the actual defaulTrust list. Because:

what is it means the word: defaultTrust ?

I think an option to report trust feedback(1) and a moderated DefaultTrust list would be a good idea though (1) would be a big pain for moderators, so that should be secondary option or some trust feedback admin should be made - they can be users who put correct feedback, not all DF list members.

~~MZ~~

This idea is  "good" but I think  it will never be done. However thank you for your opinion it is very appreciated.

PS: Check the new project http://orisi.org/
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:02:38 AM

PS: Just saw this, and removed him. Sorry for my hiatus, RL's really taking a toll on me...
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:35:31 AM

PS: Just saw this, and removed him. Sorry for my hiatus, RL's really taking a toll on me...

Good to see you again and thank you for updating your list.

Message me if you have any problems
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:35:01 AM

Thank you  John Wink. Finally karpeles was removed from that list , thanks again.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:41:43 AM

Now I can close the thread . Thank you again  , and have a nice day.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: