Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting a Sticky in Project Development  (Read 730 times)
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 05:56:16 PM

Could a Global Moderator+ (as there are no Moderators in Project Development) post a sticky in the Project Development section defining what exactly the section is for? Some people just don't seem to know what it is for right now - for instance, they advertise (announce) their service or website inside of the section, or try to hire someone to work on their website inside of the section. Both of those belong in different sections, but in reality, "Project Development" doesn't have any stickies and right now it's kind of up to interpretation what Project Development is for. It should be for developing and discussing awesome projects, websites, discussing how to expand your project, etc. Not "Hey guys, check out my new website! It's got all this... [insert features here]". That's a completed website that's being announced. Not a project in development.

The Global Mods (i.e. grue) do a good job of moving threads out of Project Development that shouldn't have been posted in there, however I do think it's better to post a sticky as it may then reduce the amount of threads that need to be moved out.

Thanks for at least considering this, IMHO it would help to get rid of a lot of the threads that have to be moved from Project Development.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 06:10:12 PM

Is

Project Development
Organization of Bitcoin and related projects, bounty campaigns, advertising etc.

and

-snip-
Project Development - Organization of Bitcoin and related projects (sites, software not yet developed/in development), bounty campaigns, advertising etc. No hiring here although "looking for partners" threads should be here.
-snip-

not enough?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 06:12:04 PM

The description is what I'm looking at, mprep's thread is good but I would say 80%+ of the people who make threads in Project Development have probably never seen it. "Organization of Bitcoin and related projects, bounty campaigns, advertising etc." is very ambiguous on it's own.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: