Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:39:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Applebyte scam exposed!  (Read 819 times)
CryptoCurrencyInc.com (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:29:17 PM

Applebyte claimed to only allow people with a maxium of 10,000 kh/s to mine on their pool.
http://pool.applebyte.me

This image clearly showed people with more than 10,000 kh/s mining at their pool
http://pool.applebyte.me/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

If you mine with more than 10,000 kh/s, your account will be locked and all of shares of coins you've mined will be stolen by the Developers at Applybyte.

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:57:38 PM

Hi,

I helped setting up the pool and I can confirm that (1) AppleByte is not a scam and (2) the AppleByte developers/admins are legit
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:36:05 PM

Applebyte claimed to only allow people with a maxium of 10,000 kh/s to mine on their pool.
http://pool.applebyte.me

If you mine with more than 10,000 kh/s, your account will be locked and all of shares of coins you've mined will be stolen by the Developers at Applybyte.

As our support team explained to CryptoCurrencyInc.com, all three of the accounts he lists that are over 10mhs are locked & an email was sent to those account holders, just like we sent one to him, when he tried to mine with 30mhs+, here is the email:

If you know how MPOS works, you know that is correct.

On the front page of the pool, it clearly states the 10mhs limit:

We have clearly stated on many posts in this forum, that we made the decision to limit the bandwidth allowed on the pool, so that the CPU & GPU miners are able to mine successfully.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:44:09 PM

What the - I've just stumbled into the alts subforum to find myself completely baffled. When it's not bitter infighting it's pool operators trying to put up hard limits on hashrate. How does that even work? How can you possibly ensure a person can only have one account? Serious question BTW, if you're able to do that, you've just solved one of the harder issues relating to trust on the Internet!

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: