Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I put your BTC in my Pirate account ? I'll pay you 20%  (Read 1986 times)
ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:11:25 PM

I wasn't referring to what he is doing with the money he borrows, just why he pays more interest then he should.

As you guys know more then me about the pirate, may I ask, why is he paying so much in interest?
People here will run to lend him money even at 10%. It doesn't make business sense to me.

I personally think that he runs a high priced Coyote Service, seeing as he is in Texas....and it seems to have the best guarded border in the South.

He most likely uses the Bitcoins to fund a Border crossing (drinks, snacks, USA shirts & hats, bribes, transportation etc) then once paid the enormous fee for his service from his Mexi-Friends, he passes along the profits to the rest of us.

Again, this is just speculation.

Keep an eye on him. If he changes his nick to 'Coyoteat40' you will know for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:27:39 PM

I wasn't referring to what he is doing with the money he borrows, just why he pays more interest then he should.
he's a little late in this prirate-o-ponzi-or-not-game. other competitors already sucked their funds, so he has to stimulate interest and therefore lowering rates later...or this is, let's say unbelievable.
ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:37:56 PM

Do you mind pointing me to his competitors?

Thanks.

he's a little late in this prirate-o-ponzi-or-not-game. other competitors already sucked their funds, so he has to stimulate interest and therefore lowering rates later...or this is, let's say unbelievable.

Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:51:05 PM

Do you mind pointing me to his competitors?

Thanks.

at your own risk
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 11:53:25 PM

I would like to toss my hat in the ring while we are all speculating wildly on what Pirate does with the funds. I think Pirate funds a private army of Somalian pirates who capture oil tankers. Pirate's pirates then hold the crews hostage while holding back oil shipments. Part of the money made off the ransom of the oil tanker crews is used to pay the pirates for their services with bonuses given when oil tankers are held for extended periods of time.

Pirate's real business is running the US petroleum refining industry. Because his pirates are holding back shipments of oil, supply is held artificially low and demand has maintained or increased. Pirate has a side venture that is run through GPUMAX that, instead of hashing bitcoin hashes, he has found a way to run oil exploration simulations in a distributed manner through bitcoin clients to search for undiscovered oil deposits in Texas. He then uses the remaining funds from his pirates' ransoms to purchase the mineral rights to the oil deposits that he has discovered. Pirate then extracts this oil, refines it at his refineries and, due to having a cheap source of oil, he is able to undercut his competitors for massive profits. Pirate then returns part of the profits to depositors of First Pirate Savings and Trust so as to keep anyone from asking questions.

In the end, Pirate is a high seas pirate and an oil baron/pirate. Don't ask too many questions or his new venture in "protection" services might add you to the list.
ShadowAlexey
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 12:05:20 AM

I would like to toss my hat in the ring while we are all speculating wildly on what Pirate does with the funds. I think Pirate funds a private army of Somalian pirates who capture oil tankers. Pirate's pirates then hold the crews hostage while holding back oil shipments. Part of the money made off the ransom of the oil tanker crews is used to pay the pirates for their services with bonuses given when oil tankers are held for extended periods of time.

Pirate's real business is running the US petroleum refining industry. Because his pirates are holding back shipments of oil, supply is held artificially low and demand has maintained or increased. Pirate has a side venture that is run through GPUMAX that, instead of hashing bitcoin hashes, he has found a way to run oil exploration simulations in a distributed manner through bitcoin clients to search for undiscovered oil deposits in Texas. He then uses the remaining funds from his pirates' ransoms to purchase the mineral rights to the oil deposits that he has discovered. Pirate then extracts this oil, refines it at his refineries and, due to having a cheap source of oil, he is able to undercut his competitors for massive profits. Pirate then returns part of the profits to depositors of First Pirate Savings and Trust so as to keep anyone from asking questions.

In the end, Pirate is a high seas pirate and an oil baron/pirate. Don't ask too many questions or his new venture in "protection" services might add you to the list.
I doubt hashing is suitable for finding oil, but liked your version Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: