Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinsortium: Experiences  (Read 1254 times)
nelruk (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

Bitcoin is revolution

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:53:53 PM

Consortium.io is something like stock exchange allowing you to participate with bonds and stocks in the business. The main difference between this and BTCJamm I think is the opportunity to become part of the business. That's what I read a few days ago.

And having considering all this, what are your experiences with this page?

Bitcoin is revolution. Visit http://bitcoinlandia.net Smiley my personal blog about bitcoin in spanish

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3199

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:00:44 AM

How do you know that it is not a scam?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
nelruk (OP)

Bitcoin is revolution

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:50:04 PM

How do you know that it is not a scam?

I'm the one asking about that. I need answers!  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is revolution. Visit http://bitcoinlandia.net Smiley my personal blog about bitcoin in spanish
pikabit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:22:27 PM

I have no idea, will bump in case someone has experiences, i dont trust it for now  Roll Eyes
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:22:46 PM

Hello everyone,
I am Coinsortium's Community Support Manager  Smiley

Coinsortium is a stock exchange, not a crowdfunding platform like BTCJam or BitlendingClub. What you see listed on the site are securities of crypto companies around the world.
Most of the business there are owned by members of the Bitcoin Investment Group, a VERY interesting place for crypto-entusiasts.

Now let's talk security:

All company owners are subjected to a strong verification via the Ardeva service, which as of today is the strongest way to identify someone in the Bitcoin Community.
This is as far as scam-prevention can go, of course there is no guarantee that the person in question is a honest individual (like in "real world" stocks) and he/she may run with the Bitcoins, that is why we always recommend you undertake your own due dilligence too, however should the necessity arise, any listing owner who has been found to abscond will be taken through arbitration and handled acordingly, with the assistance of the verification documents they have submitted to Ardeva.

About Coinsortium itself as of today we have a userbase of 513 users with a trading volume of 220 BTC, it should count for something. As this was a community driven project which has gained traction quicker than expected, we are in the process of encorporating the business, and this should be completed within the next 4 weeks.

As has been mentioned, we have seen a monthly turnover surpass 220 BTC, which of course, we receive a commission from. It is no way in our interest to be anything but honest with our user base. The more users, the more volume, the more profitable the platform becomes.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:38:45 PM

So it's one of those ones that doesn't set out to be a scam, it will just end up there.

Killerloop

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

So it's one of those ones that doesn't set out to be a scam, it will just end up there.

As it has been stated we have no reason to end up there... and exactly scam what? People deposit and buy shares, bitcoins exchange hands and we take a commission.

That's it.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:05:51 PM

All company owners are subjected to a strong verification via the Ardeva service, which as of today is the strongest way to identify someone in the Bitcoin Community.

Well this made me lol. WTF is Ardeva and who besides you agrees that it is even a meager way to 'identify'(whatever that means) someone in the 'Bitcoin Community'?

Killerloop

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:13:12 PM

Well this made me lol. WTF is Ardeva and who besides you agrees that it is even a meager way to 'identify'(whatever that means) someone in the 'Bitcoin Community'?

Create an account, it is free, and you will see how a 'meager way of identify'(whatever that means) someone it is.

Ardeva is a due-diligence platform that collects user data and generate a credit score. Check it here. It is quite new so its user base numbers in the hundreds but it is growing and as there are no competitors hopefully it will become mainstream for security publishers.

Of course investors do not need to identify this way, a simple account is sufficient.

Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:34:35 PM

Stop contradicting yourself.

(Ardeva) hopefully it will become mainstream for security publishers.
And:
(Ardeva) which as of today is the strongest way to identify someone in the Bitcoin Community.

Also:

All company owners are subjected to a strong verification via the Ardeva service
And:
Of course investors do not need to identify this way, a simple account is sufficient.

Killerloop

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:45:37 PM

Stop contradicting yourself.

(Ardeva) hopefully it will become mainstream for security publishers.
And:
(Ardeva) which as of today is the strongest way to identify someone in the Bitcoin Community.

Also:

All company owners are subjected to a strong verification via the Ardeva service
And:

I did not contradict myself, you people read everything with a sword on hand  Smiley  ...and forget to put glasses on.

Ardeva is as of today the strongest way to identify someone in the Bitcoin Community since there is no other service that does such work. However it is a new company with a user base that numbers in the hundreds. hopefully it will become mainstream not only for Coinsortium but for any site where people offer securities or services to the general public.

Also:

All company owners are subjected to strong verification. A company owner is someone who makes a listing on Coinsortium for his/her company, be it stocks or bonds; people NEED TO KNOW who is the recipient of their money.
On the other hand investors do not need to identify themselves and can keep their anonimity. They cannot do any harm.

N.B: There is a discussion going on about a required KYC for US investors but so far our policies are unchanged

nelruk (OP)

Bitcoin is revolution

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

After 2 weeks of testing the page, I would say I like Coinsortium. Most of borrowers claim if the business isn't working they can shut down and they don't guarantee revenues. "Invest at your own risk" is the favorite quote.

However, worth.

Killerloop

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

After 2 weeks of testing the page, I would say I like Coinsortium. Most of borrowers claim if the business isn't working they can shut down and they don't guarantee revenues. "Invest at your own risk" is the favorite quote.

However, worth.

Up! Do not listen to the haters, as you can see they will hate disregarding reality Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: