Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:18:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Bank of Monero  (Read 2926 times)
nsimmons (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:38:59 PM

The core Monero group has requested all exchanges halt deposits and withdrawals for 24 hours due to the threat of BCX. Luckily my deposit to mintpal is now stuck at 18/20 confirms. I suspect there are many others in similar situations who don't follow the monero thread closely.

All of you monero shills and supporters should be seriously concerned that a few people have the ability to deny you access to your funds due to a threat.

They didn't even have the foresight to give more than a few minutes notice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:14:54 PM

Looks like a decentral currency, oh i mean a centralized coin without a development team. Oh i mean a team that works for free to fix a exploit. A real submitted team.

are you the core developer of stealthcoin?
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:17:50 PM

All of you monero shills and supporters should be seriously concerned that a few people have the ability to deny you access to your funds due to a threat.

They're taking rational measures to stop people from possibly losing money. That's a good thing.
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:22:09 PM

OP is such a an idiot.

The exchanges are closing off trading to stop a possible hacking/exploit. That's not centralization, that's called, "Exchanges preventing a possible exploit/hack in which They would lose a lot of money/go bankrupt if it happened"

@Stealthcoin, he's a douchebag troll that is the developer of that shitcoin, Stealthcoin.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:22:30 PM

Dont trust exchanges always keep your coins in wallet!
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

OP is such a an idiot.

The exchanges are closing off trading to stop a possible hacking/exploit. That's not centralization, that's called, "Exchanges preventing a possible exploit/hack in which They would lose a lot of money/go bankrupt if it happened"

Couldn't agree more with you.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:28:12 PM

The core Monero group has requested all exchanges halt deposits and withdrawals for 24 hours due to the threat of BCX. Luckily my deposit to mintpal is now stuck at 18/20 confirms. I suspect there are many others in similar situations who don't follow the monero thread closely.

They didn't even have the foresight t transfer to give more than a few minutes notice.

It is very good advice. Anyone who believes that Monero is going to die because of a TW attack and consequently is planning to sell would be crazy to wait until the attack starts and only then transfer XMR to an exchange. Then either the attack has failed, in which case what is the point of selling, or the attack at least partially works and the coins are lost in the transfer.

The possibility of this attack has been known in advance for 3 days giving plenty of time to transfer coins.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

How the fuck should i trade them if the price of the coin goes down like a stone then ? This looks like Vericoin all over again.

Shut up you hypocritical owner of the scamcoin Stealthcoin, you peace of donkey shit...

Vericoin went down because it was  Piece of Stake coin(POS), and after the attacker hacked Mintpal, they got over 30% of all vericoins, which meant they could of down the Nothing-At-Stake attack on Vericoin or 51% it.

Monero is a PoW coin, so its impossible for to happen even if such a hacking occured.
ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:29:29 PM

Looks like a decentral currency, oh i mean a centralized coin without a development team. Oh i mean a team that works for free to fix a exploit. A real submitted team.

No, he is just some random who snagged that username. StealthDevs is the real developers username.
ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:31:03 PM

How the fuck should i trade them if the price of the coin goes down like a stone then ? This looks like Vericoin all over again.

Shut up you hypocritical owner of the scamcoin Stealthcoin, you peace of donkey shit...

Vericoin went down because it was  Piece of Stake coin(POS), and after the attacker hacked Mintpal, they got over 30% of all vericoins, which meant they could of down the Nothing-At-Stake attack on Vericoin or 51% it.

Monero is a PoW coin, so its impossible for to happen even if such a hacking occured.

He is in no way associated with Stealthcoin. No need to insult a coin that provides competition and thus better quality.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:41:27 PM

Is this the best trolling you can do? I wish I could filter degenerates like yourself from my reality.
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

Is this the best trolling you can do? I wish I could filter degenerates like yourself from my reality.

I don't know if you can call this trolling because all these words were coming from your devs. It is nothing i added or misused

The devs of monero said that there can be no attack in the way BCX originally described(being able to decipher a person's private keys). Instead, an attack was more likely through TimeWarp and 51%ing the coin.

Learn you read to illiterate jackass. kthnxbye.
nsimmons (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:49:09 PM

They're taking rational measures to stop people from possibly losing money. That's a good thing.

The decision should be the users to make. I don't need protection. This is nothing but a monero bank holiday. It entirely defeats the purpose of crypto. Close the access points off due to a boogey man.

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:49:26 PM

I came here just to say that the user "Stealthcoin" isn't a dev from that coin and isn't an investor too.
He is a troll.
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:56:42 PM

I came here just to say that the user "Stealthcoin" isn't a dev from that coin and isn't an investor too.
He is a troll.

All true, but you fail to see that i'm indeed a investor. And not a small one.

Haha, an investor... you're funny.

Did I tell you I own 400million bitcoins?

Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:59:17 PM

THIS USER HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH XST (STEALTHCOIN)

Don't trust any exchange!
BTCgraphics

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:00:49 PM

In OP defense, not giving one access to your funds is very bank like
nsimmons (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

OP is such a an idiot.

@Stealthcoin, he's a douchebag troll that is the developer of that shitcoin, Stealthcoin.

You're the idiot who in uninformed. Exchanges are not halting trading. The are halting deposits and withdrawals. Which means the responsible people who don't leave their coins on the exchange are fucked for 24 hours. How did that work out for gox?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:02:25 PM

the more things change, the more they stay the same. Same old losers, same old scams, same old song and dance.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:02:46 PM

He is a troll.

All true, but you fail to see that i'm indeed a investor. And not a small one.

Haha, an investor... you're funny.

Did I tell you I own 400million bitcoins?

close to 500BTC but i don't need you to believe me because you can't even see the mess surrounding XMR at the moment. You are a sheep everyone can see this. You have no skill at all.

"Yea, I also have 3,000 BTC on Monero, but ofc I always bag on and call it shit, even though I invested 3,000 btc..."

You're a pile of shit Stealthcoin, you can stop lying. After reading through your posts, you've hated Monero since the beginning. You obviously think it's a competitor to the other shitcoins you hold, and troll against it in every way possible.

You lying scumbag.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: