Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin inflation: 8% since last bubble  (Read 2994 times)
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:56:01 AM

I was reading the post seriously until I got to the unobtainium part.
I was already preparing to make the classic counterargument that the dollar supply has also inflated about a trillion (through debt) in the same time...

... and then bam! You pump your altcoin.

What a waste of my time.

Oh fuck off.

No... Just fuck off.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:09:12 AM

I'm skeptical about altcoins in principle, but reserve to keep an open mind in case there's an interesting niche demand that appears to be served well by some alt.

That said, "unobtainium" (wow. much name. such clever.) must be the least inspired attempt at alt creation I've seen in quite a while. Basically, Litecoin, but with lower inflation - yeah, that looks like a real Bitcoin killer...

Seriously though, I strongly suggest you get out of it. Some alts, with a very well defined profile and a competent dev team, might make sense. Unobtainium doesn't.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:26:11 AM

I've read all the posts. There's such a strong undercurrent of 'zero sum' -- Bitcoin or Unobtanium. Unobtanium bills itself as a commodity (as V500 repeatedly states, 'a store of wealth.') It has fewer features than many coins. Its market-cap is a tiny fraction of Bitcoin's, so it is accepted in fewer places than Bitcoin.

But it was designed for a specific task, and it performs that task superlatively well . In fact, it performs that task so well that the 'problem' we Uno guys have is that we all end up sitting at the kitchen table, dutifully discussing how we need to raise volume because crypto folk are so (reasonably, in most cases) focussed on volume, and this weird thing happens: no one wants to sell their Uno. It's rare as hen's teeth. It's gettin' rarer by the day. Demand for the coin is strong and constant.

People own and hold cryptos for various purposes; and if you think that it is reasonable to 'temper' your portfolio with, say, 10% of a coin that holds it value well, and will continue to do so, then . . . Unobtanium.

Mark (IndiaMkeZulu), Australia

Low inflation with steady price means that nobody is buying. What uno performs well at is being uninteresting.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:29:31 AM

So summary of this thread: OP is spamming yet another shitty altcoin. This is against Speculation board rules, mods please remove.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:36:50 AM

... and then bam! You pump your altcoin.

What a waste of my time.

Oh fuck off.

No... Just fuck off.

Yep this. Don't even want to argue with flawed logic which misses the major part - that any coin needs inflation time issuing new coins to support the network while services are being built before transactional revenues kick in, and the OP thinks that since "it's internet" everything with his shitcoin will just magically appear out of thin air in 2 years, probably created by a group of altruistic billionaires Smiley

i am satoshi
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:29:35 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 04:43:46 PM by smalltimer

agree on bitcoin halving too slow for this time and age. Must have been created by an old man. It's pretty obvious now how badly it is flawed with 10% inflation far into the adoption-time. Bitcoin halving quicker would have been better for stability aswell. Gradual rewarddecrease like 1% every now and then would have been ideal. Halving in 4 year intervals is just slopy planning. 4 years halving is too long. Uno or not: another coin with less inflation and less volatility will come to help bitcoin, no doubt.
Hold some quark too. XPM has potential too once pumped to the sky. Even litecoin could be better since it halves sooner. Everything is better than inflating bitcoin right now.
It is shocking how even paypal doesn't have a positive effect. Panic-selloff in bitcoin will come pretty sure. It'll crash and burn. Alts that can hold value will take over.
If bitcoin crashes hard now, it will just be another altcoin - the one with the most butthurt community.

Bitcoin is a coin for miners to cash out on the noobs.

Be prepared for panic now drop to 200$ slide to 100$ - long stagnation and decline back to 50$ and lower. Even Doge is a serious threat to bitcoin now.
If we see a panic in bitcoin doge will take over as the first coin of all of them. Others will follow.
Bitcoin will still be Top 10 for some time. I am not the only one seeing it, but the cult-followers can't see it.

Basically, Litecoin, but with lower inflation

not even the same algo. You are talking out of your ass obviously. Seen you in monero-thrad. That's a shitty pumpcoin, oh boy.
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:27:10 PM

Bitcoin has a high inflation rate for a reason. Without it miners would have very little motivation to keep pushing up the hashrate. With low hashrate it's much easier to double spend or otherwise overpower the consensus mechanism. If UNO hasn't been attacked yet it's because it's not valuable enough to be worth the effort.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:08:54 PM

Bitcoin has a high inflation rate for a reason. Without it miners would have very little motivation to keep pushing up the hashrate. With low hashrate it's much easier to double spend or otherwise overpower the consensus mechanism. If UNO hasn't been attacked yet it's because it's not valuable enough to be worth the effort.

Good to see somebody with a brain here for a change! Most trolls here think that you just need to make a dumbcoin which completely mines in five days, and then support it with a single desktop GPU to compete with bitcoin. Fact is, bitcoin is here for five years and hashrate *still* grows exponentially meaning it's network is nowhere near completion

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: