Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our private life in a bitcoin dominated world!  (Read 1720 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:05:43 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 03:58:31 PM by cuddaloreappu

If bitcoin becomes defacto currency and we all use blockchain, how will this affect our private life?

Considering there will be analytical tools widely available in public to trace your bitcoin flow!

Forget about NSA i am talking about friends, families, marketing companies and uninvited guests!

This just makes me feel and think that  Dark wallet is a much useful tool for all of us!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Merit: 506

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:15:15 AM

You would just end up using some anonymizer intermediary service for the less ethical purchases.  Apple Pay is the most recent example which obfuscates your credit card information.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 08:16:24 AM

There are mixers. You can hide your traces. It's nothing special.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:19:17 AM

So Dark wallet is an unavoidable tool for all of us!
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 08:27:23 AM

Monero my friend, Monero.
Wasn't there a flaw with XMR recently? Or it was FUD?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4370

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:34:43 AM

If bitcoin becomes defacto currency and we all use blockchain, how will this affect our private life?

Considering there will be analytical tools widely available in public to trace your bitcoin flow!

Forget about NSA i am talking about friends, families, marketing companies and uninvited guests!

have one address everyone knows. an address friends and family and employers send to you. then a host of other addresses that you have. yes its easy to see that funds have moved to it.. but are those funds an exchange, your other wallet, another friend, a car dealership.

within one hop you can easily fool people.. as long as you know how

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:35:47 AM

At the very least I think that most regular wallets should have advanced coin control features to give you the option of splitting your coins into segregated buckets that you can use for different aspects of your life. Each bucket would maintains its own set of addresses, including change addresses, that are isolated from the addresses in the other buckets. If you need to move coins across different buckets you would do so through a mixing service.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:31:22 AM

the analytical tools can only be as good as the system allows.  even without mixers, coinjoin, stealth, and off chain transactions, coins are only trackabke some of the time and with a limited degree of certainty. bottom line is you can be as anonymous as you want to be.  although.... if you are careless and re use addresses like a doofus you could possibly get into trouble and/or embarrass yourself.  it's a brave new world.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:45:35 AM

HAHA! There will be cameras in every public place. Your body mechanics and face and many other biometric data will be known. You can run, but you can't hide.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:49:27 AM

Bitcoin is not perfect. There are other coins that have some ability BTC will not have. One is anonymity. IF you will want that you will use those coins to hide your trail.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:51:35 PM

This. Tools like Dark wallet will be developed to protect your privacy. Anyhow, by the time fiat is dead and crypto rules the financial world, I expect we will be very near our transcendence of capitalism.

I don't think the world will tolerate a second round of fascism, which is what we are developing now with the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of mega-corporations.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:29:22 PM

This. Tools like Dark wallet will be developed to protect your privacy. Anyhow, by the time fiat is dead and crypto rules the financial world, I expect we will be very near our transcendence of capitalism.

I don't think the world will tolerate a second round of fascism, which is what we are developing now with the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of mega-corporations.

And what's your take on what comes after capitalism? Capitalism has obviously big weaknesses, like, there's no mentally sane reason to justify the Rothchilds wealth, but similarly, even tho a lot of people got rich with Bitcoin for no other fucking reason than luck, at least the system isn't rigged at the level of being able to create magic money out of a machine like they do now with FIAT. Sure, we'll have assholes that got rich randomly with Bitcoin flaunting their wealth and implying it was their skill, God or whatever that got them there just to not accept the fact they got rich out of luck, but again, the system is backed by math in the sense of not being able to multispend or create new coins.

But of course, this cant be the last stage of humanity. If the last stage of humanity is being stuck with Bitcoin means we are doomed.
adam48

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:50:16 PM

yes almost every day dominated by bitcoin, because I am unemployed and only earning money through bitcoin Smiley

Whitepaper          ░▒█ Take back your insurance!  █▒░     Announcement
        ▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆   Umbrella Coin   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
BlogFacebook░▒█  ICO -20th August - 20th October █▒░ DiscordTwitter
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:06:17 PM

DaveSaldana123

Activity: 135

A.K.A The Black Marvel

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:33:05 AM

yes almost every day dominated by bitcoin, because I am unemployed and only earning money through bitcoin Smiley

Lol... Smiley How much are you making everyday?

H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:57:02 AM

I think it is not the right time to concern the issues arising in that scenario. What we concern is that when bitcoin will dominating the world.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:21:17 AM

At the very least I think that most regular wallets should have advanced coin control features to give you the option of splitting your coins into segregated buckets that you can use for different aspects of your life. Each bucket would maintains its own set of addresses, including change addresses, that are isolated from the addresses in the other buckets. If you need to move coins across different buckets you would do so through a mixing service.
I think this is what mycelium 2.0 (recent release) does.  Separate "accounts", each one of them a HD wallet, new change addresses every time, etc.
chenka563

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:45:21 AM

To tell you the truth, I beg to differ that bitcoin will really change our lives in   short  time,

However, in a long term,  how will the bitcoin  develop? No one can say clearly.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
☆★☆ High ROI Bonds |  Long, Medium and Short Term Options | Bitcoin Bond Network ☆★☆
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
SW725

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:05:30 PM

To tell you the truth, I beg to differ that bitcoin will really change our lives in   short  time,

However, in a long term,  how will the bitcoin  develop? No one can say clearly.

Do you think Satoshi Nakamoto has explanation about this?
Seldoon182

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:33:37 PM

Bitcoin if often seen as a currency but it's not. So the currency application allowed by the block chain won't really change our life. But other applications such as electronic vote, agents, unlimited crowdfunding, smart contract, multi-sign which allow DAO/DAC is the killer feature of bitcoin imho!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: