Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do You Believe The Bible To Be Historically Accurate?
Yes - 10 (27%)
No - 20 (54.1%)
It doesn't matter - 7 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Believe The Bible To Be Historically Accurate?  (Read 5269 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:17:12 PM

Do you beleive the Bible is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:25:38 PM

Well, there's a global flood in there, I think this is enough to say it is not accurate...

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

Is the story about Noah's ark in the bible?  then clearly no

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:31:21 PM

I am not religious so whether it is accurate of not, it makes no difference to me. The bible is a collection of stories teaching christian ways, it is not a history text book.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

How can it be?

When I was young I thought there was only one bible. Then I heard of the King James bible.. then I read of at least 10 more remix's of the same tune, not one of them has an accurate date.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:03:02 PM

Someone might believe the Bible is historically accurate, but it does not matter to them, or believe it it is not historically accruate, but it does matter to them - but there is nothing to select for that.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:08:12 PM

I am not religious so whether it is accurate of not, it makes no difference to me. The bible is a collection of stories teaching christian ways, it is not a history text book.
Anway, for me:
Yes, not only is it accurate, but its value is dependent on its accuracy.  The whole thing rises and falls on whether or not the physical death and resurrection of Jesus is historically true - it is the center, the foundation, of the Christian faith.

if the Bible is not historically accurate, then the faith is worthless.

Now, interestingly, there are those who believe the Bible is historically accurate, but, dont care.  They have no interest in acting on its message.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:48:31 PM

I generally concede the fact idea Moses, David (from the David and Goliath story) and Jesus could have been real historical people, but it's like the Hercules myth. Hercules could have been a genuine strong man, but many of the stories about him got exaggerated and Hercules himself could have done some of the exaggerating for the sake of a good story. The good stories get repeated around campfires with maybe some of the details changed by people who didn't quite remember what originally happened or want to embellish things.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:59:45 PM

Anway, for me:
Yes, not only is it accurate, but its value is dependent on its accuracy.  The whole thing rises and falls on whether or not the physical death and resurrection of Jesus is historically true - it is the center, the foundation, of the Christian faith.

Now, interestingly, there are those who believe the Bible is historically accurate, but, dont care.  They have no interest in acting on its message.

To quote this: if the Bible is not historically accurate, then the faith is worthless.

Hence I need facts Wink Now if the bible had facts that could prove whatever it's claims are regarding the beginning, I'd be all ears..
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:06:07 PM

Anway, for me:

To quote this: if the Bible is not historically accurate, then the faith is worthless.

Hence I need facts Wink Now if the bible had facts that could prove whatever it's claims are regarding the beginning, I'd be all ears..

Well, as Ken Ham has been known to say, "We have a BOOK!!!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9yQEG7mlTU

(And yes, I am being sarcastic.)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:32:07 PM

Do you beleive the Bible is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?
The bible can't even get the value of pi right.  A circle with a diameter of 10 does not have a circumference of 30.

The earth rotates around its own axis and also performs a circuit around the sun so the position of the sun in the sky could not stop for a few hours as per the biblical story.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

The events, the people, Jesus, the crucifixion, eternal life, performing miracles, all true.

Of course the catholic church modified it so people worship them instead of god.  The basis is true, that which is love.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

Once I worked out how much water was required to flood the world to 10 cubits above the highest mountain.  It was a lot, where it went nobody knows.  And how the seas were salty and lakes were not, even after this mixing of water is hard to reconcile with the truth.
Mr.Bitty

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Once I worked out how much water was required to flood the world to 10 cubits above the highest mountain.  It was a lot, where it went nobody knows.  And how the seas were salty and lakes were not, even after this mixing of water is hard to reconcile with the truth.
I'm guessing......The hard part was figuring out what a "cubit" was....?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:46:10 PM

not only is it inaccurate, most of if not all of the stories are older stories that have been retold to
suit their views. Global flood, thousands of years older than the bible makes you believe.
Moses? Possibly an egyptians pharohs son. Judaism = Worship of Volcanic god.
The rabbit hole is deep, if you look you will find more than what you wanted to know.
plus I think most of us could agree that humans are older than 6000 years old ...

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

The bible can't even get the value of pi right.  A circle with a diameter of 10 does not have a circumference of 30.

The earth rotates around its own axis and also performs a circuit around the sun so the position of the sun in the sky could not stop for a few hours as per the biblical story.

Pi is a mathematical creation that came after the bible, no-one used it, no-one heard of it until it was invented whenever.. pi is not scientific fact, it is a measurement, that clearly does not recognise the missing constellation or 10 degree's of missing time-space, that whilst it is clearly there, has been erased. Pi was created to hide the 13th constellation and the space it takes up, including the circle having an actual circumference of 370 degree's, so go remix all your maths from pi into this FACT that pi cannot take part in.

Pi is a fuckin joke on mathematicians. Thats why it works for them.
Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

nah, a cubit is usually given the figure of 0.45m so the figure is height of Mt Everest plus 4.5metres.The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:33:53 PM

nah, a cubit is usually given the figure of 0.45m so the figure is height of Mt Everest plus 4.5metres.The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
A cubit was the length between the tip of the middle finger to the elbow of the current ............ Ruler (King) at the time.
The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
Why would you bother?  It's just a myth.Have you figured-out how Noah got all those animals on the Ark?Now THAT would be something!

Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:53:47 PM

A cubit was the length between the tip of the middle finger to the elbow of the current ............ Ruler (King) at the time.
The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
Why would you bother?  It's just a myth.Have you figured-out how Noah got all those animals on the Ark?Now THAT would be something!
It would be as interesting to do that as to find out how the ark did not break up due to movement of the timbers. I know it was special wood god created then, after the flood made extinct but .......
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

That was answered for you in the old FSA.  Good answer, but,  you did not like it because it undermined what you thought was a good reason for thinking the Bible inaccurate.

Tell you what - why don't you post here the passage, if you think you really have a case, and we can examine it together.  We can do that for each objection, one at a time.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: