Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:30:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184068 times)
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:11:12 PM

Come on! this isn't even funny anymore.
people had put their money on this and have been staking for measly 0.00001 while others get a 269% growth on thier coins and obviousy dumping them because they now have more coins then the others.
this isn't fair and very dissapointing.

if this was the first issue than maybe, maybe, it would have been understandable but come-on man this is the fourth wallet version you released in 48 hrs.

why oh why do i make the same mistakes and trust incompetent devs!!!???

best of luck with your coin. i fucking lost 80% on this shit.

Just have a look at what I said 5 days ago. You could have lost a lot less if you were reading.
Someone rushed to call me troll for saying this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=795954.msg9103702#msg9103702

Go troll somewhere else. Some are in profits, some are not. Just the way this coin works - you really have to plan your next moves and think them through.
If you don't like the way it works move on, no one is forcing you to buy or use time on this coin.
Who planned his next moves with this coin? You or dev ?

O_o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:13:20 PM

With so much iterative updates/forks I feel like this was a very "beta" project and almost feel like a new "alpha" product should be launched with free ICO coins given to those who invested previously. seedCoin2.0? lol Anywho, I still look forward to 6 more days of growth.

This is crypto, not something guaranteed.

NXT had a lot of issues with the wallet even a couple months after it launched. But it's working well now and the coin is going places, and early adopters will probably benefit handsomely.

The main dev here answers questions promptly and applies fixes in a reasonable amount of time.

I think those are good signs.

NXT is doing well because they hired James (jl777)

And I'm gaining valuable experience. It's not like I can't figure out solutions to the problems when they crop up. I can solve any problem. But it is much more difficult to anticipate a problem that hasn't happened yet when you're building on someone else's code.

Still, I wasn't as careful as I needed to be with the fixes we had earlier in the week, because every fix I make is extremely time sensitive given the nature of the coin. Once growth is past, I'll have time to test things more vigorously, and invite people to participate in beta testing on a larger network.

This was a relatively simple fix that I was actually able to test on the main network. It resulted in an orphaned block unfortunately, but it allowed me to verify that the numbers worked as expected in an extremely short period of time.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:14:56 PM

And I'm gaining valuable experience. It's not like I can't figure out solutions to the problems when they crop up. I can solve any problem. But it is much more difficult to anticipate a problem that hasn't happened yet when you're building on someone else's code.

Still, I wasn't as careful as I needed to be with the fixes we had earlier in the week, because every fix I make is extremely time sensitive given the nature of the coin. Once growth is past, I'll have time to test things more vigorously, and invite people to participate in beta testing on a larger network.

This was a relatively simple fix that I was actually able to test on the main network. It resulted in an orphaned block unfortunately, but it allowed me to verify that the numbers worked as expected in an extremely short period of time.

I think you're doing a good job.
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:15:16 PM

Just have a look at what I said 5 days ago. You could have lost a lot less if you were reading.
Someone rushed to call me troll for saying this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=795954.msg9103702#msg9103702

If you didnt scream the same shit for every other coin then I would agree with you....Shit didnt you just say you mined it for 5 days?  As for the coin, yeah its becoming a joke pretty quick. If it wasnt bad enough that there were huge stacks staking for days, now the guys with chunks under 1 seed are getting 1% still...

Same problem for me 1% still.

Shutting down my wallet and waiting for the problem be solved.  Sad

klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

Go troll somewhere else. Some are in profits, some are not. Just the way this coin works - you really have to plan your next moves and think them through.
If you don't like the way it works move on, no one is forcing you to buy or use time on this coin.

And yet another monument to the eternal raw idiocy we see here so often... wow...

Okay, let me lay it out for you. Barabbas=IconicExpert.

IconicExpert M.O. = FUD the coin -> But the coin cheap -> Hype the coin.

After growth IconicExpert will hype this coin.
travis72682

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:15:37 PM

With so much iterative updates/forks I feel like this was a very "beta" project and almost feel like a new "alpha" product should be launched with free ICO coins given to those who invested previously. seedCoin2.0? lol Anywho, I still look forward to 6 more days of growth.

NXT had a lot of issues with the wallet even a couple months after it launched. But it's working well now and the coin is going places, and early adopters will probably benefit handsomely.

The main dev here answers questions promptly and applies fixes in a reasonable amount of time.

didnt you fix the issue of under 1 seed not staking right earlier this week? did you not test it?

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:16:02 PM

yes but, for you to make experiments and gain valuable experience, some people lost money. And THEY should be shouting. Not I

O_o
candlesticks

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:17:13 PM

My larger block just staked at 269%  Grin

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

That's why he (along with a couple others) is on my ignore list...
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

Yay!

Do larger blocks stake first, given the same number of confirms?
furcoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:20:52 PM

yes but, for you to make experiments and gain valuable experience, some people lost money. And THEY should be shouting. Not I

If I remember correctly, it was due to the maturing of coins for staking that he fixed. If you have small coins then your coins would not mature in time to take advantage of the growth period. I think it was 24+(24/# of coins). So 1 coin would take 48 hrs to mature vs 0.1 would take 264 hrs ie, 11 days!
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

didnt you fix the issue of under 1 seed not staking right earlier this week? did you not test it?

Yeah. I fixed the issue of them not staking at all. But I missed the amount they actually staked for, since they staked so rarely in accelerated testing. Blocks are flying by, and I was more concerned that they were staking at all. I rushed myself through 3 test runs trying to make them work right without disrupting the time scale and I missed that detail.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

That's why he (along with a couple others) is on my ignore list...

Like I said, immense raw idoicy it all its splendor... wow...
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:24:15 PM

Aint it reassuring to have a dev that can "fix anything"?

Several times too... wow...
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:27:04 PM

That's why I'm working as fast as I can to fix things.

Somewhat ironically, people with more than 1 coin may have actually not staked as much as they could have if this bug was fixed, since anything over the whole amount (unless they were very close to having the next highest number of coins. So 1.9 may have staked %269 fine if it was old enough) got rounded down to nothing.

Meanwhile, those of you that have been having this problem mostly have coins broken down into smaller pieces, and while some of those pieces only got 1% - you're going to make out like bandits when they start staking correctly when the fix takes effect, and the people that staked before wont be able to stake again for 24 hours.

CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:28:12 PM

Yeah, I see it. Unfortunately this is part of the same bug. When your age was calculated, it dropped the decimal. This is fixed in the new mandatory wallet algorithm that takes effect in a little over 8 hours. This affects everyone.

Unless you're at .9 or so, and you have enough age to take you over the 1 when the age gets factored in (about 3 hours past 24 hours for .9) then it just rounds the whole lot down.

ahh i see thanks for the answer Smiley
on the plus side though 4 coins for the next stake and my decimals should carry

good job! I've known it take much longer for other coins to resolve bugs like this
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:29:04 PM

Yay!

If it's the same number of confirms, it's likely that they will all stake at the same time.

travis72682

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

Somewhat ironically, people with more than 1 coin may have actually not staked as much as they could have if this bug was fixed, since anything over the whole amount (unless they were very close to having the next highest number of coins. So 1.9 may have staked %269 fine if it was old enough) got rounded down to nothing.

Meanwhile, those of you that have been having this problem mostly have coins broken down into smaller pieces, and while some of those pieces only got 1% - you're going to make out like bandits when they start staking correctly when the fix takes effect, and the people that staked before wont be able to stake again for 24 hours.

No because ppl with numerous coins have them split up on multiple addresses and generally ppl split whole numbers, so for the most part the big boys are getting their stake.

edit: the little guys that didnt lock their wallets, or send themselves their little chunks and staked a bunch at 1% are the guys getting screwed

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:31:10 PM

Yay!

If it's the same number of confirms, it's likely that they will all stake at the same time.

So then, do you count the total amount staked? Or each one separately? The reason I'm asking is that I have a chunk of .99 and one of 1.xxx, both with the same number of confirms. I think they are both up for staking within the hour, and I'm trying to figure out if I should be concerned that either one might only stake for 1 percent.
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:36:59 PM

Yay!

So then, do you count the total amount staked? Or each one separately? The reason I'm asking is that I have a chunk of .99 and one of 1.xxx, both with the same number of confirms. I think they are both up for staking within the hour, and I'm trying to figure out if I should be concerned that either one might only stake for 1 percent.

Hmm. If it's .99 then you need about 20 minutes of age on top of the 24 hours for it to stake properly. It's actually a little less than 20 minutes, but 20 minutes is safe. So as long as you calculate back the 24 hours, and then make sure you don't stake for 20 minutes after that today, you should be fine.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: