Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184068 times)
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:38:09 PM

With so much iterative updates/forks I feel like this was a very "beta" project and almost feel like a new "alpha" product should be launched with free ICO coins given to those who invested previously. seedCoin2.0? lol Anywho, I still look forward to 6 more days of growth.

This is crypto, not something guaranteed.

NXT had a lot of issues with the wallet even a couple months after it launched. But it's working well now and the coin is going places, and early adopters will probably benefit handsomely.

The main dev here answers questions promptly and applies fixes in a reasonable amount of time.

I think those are good signs.

NXT is doing well because they hired James (jl777)

And I'm gaining valuable experience. It's not like I can't figure out solutions to the problems when they crop up. I can solve any problem. But it is much more difficult to anticipate a problem that hasn't happened yet when you're building on someone else's code.

Still, I wasn't as careful as I needed to be with the fixes we had earlier in the week, because every fix I make is extremely time sensitive given the nature of the coin. Once growth is past, I'll have time to test things more vigorously, and invite people to participate in beta testing on a larger network.

This was a relatively simple fix that I was actually able to test on the main network. It resulted in an orphaned block unfortunately, but it allowed me to verify that the numbers worked as expected in an extremely short period of time.

yes but, for you to make experiments and gain valuable experience, some people lost money. And THEY should be shouting. Not I

That's why I'm working as fast as I can to fix things.

Somewhat ironically, people with more than 1 coin may have actually not staked as much as they could have if this bug was fixed, since anything over the whole amount (unless they were very close to having the next highest number of coins. So 1.9 may have staked %269 fine if it was old enough) got rounded down to nothing.

Meanwhile, those of you that have been having this problem mostly have coins broken down into smaller pieces, and while some of those pieces only got 1% - you're going to make out like bandits when they start staking correctly when the fix takes effect, and the people that staked before wont be able to stake again for 24 hours.

Awesome!

I have smaller increments of 0.1 seed to a larger pot. But like you say, I'll wait until the bug is fixed. All good here!

I think people forget that losing money on these things is part of the game. Nothing in life is guaranteed. If I lose then it's my own shitty mistake for making a bad decision; at least you were honest about the coin being experimental.

I have faith because I see you're working hard at this! And not just giving us loads of excuses.

If the haters want to fud this so much then why don't they take their all seeing expert knowledge and mash it into making one of their own coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:39:55 PM

My larger block just staked at 269%  Grin

Yay!

Do larger blocks stake first, given the same number of confirms?

If it's the same number of confirms, it's likely that they will all stake at the same time.

So then, do you count the total amount staked? Or each one separately? The reason I'm asking is that I have a chunk of .99 and one of 1.xxx, both with the same number of confirms. I think they are both up for staking within the hour, and I'm trying to figure out if I should be concerned that either one might only stake for 1 percent.

Oh, and your first question. That's part of the bug, and it's each one seperately.  So someone who has a thousand chunks of .1's and stakes a hundred of them all at once is going to stake them all for 0.00001 right now. 10 coins staked into nothing. But they wont stake them all at once, because they wouldn't have received them all at the same time.

candlesticks

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:41:09 PM

My wallet is on Block 10343

Block explorer seems to be stuck on 10332

What block are you guys on?

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:44:09 PM

With so much iterative updates/forks I feel like this was a very "beta" project and almost feel like a new "alpha" product should be launched with free ICO coins given to those who invested previously. seedCoin2.0? lol Anywho, I still look forward to 6 more days of growth.

This is crypto, not something guaranteed.

NXT had a lot of issues with the wallet even a couple months after it launched. But it's working well now and the coin is going places, and early adopters will probably benefit handsomely.

The main dev here answers questions promptly and applies fixes in a reasonable amount of time.

I think those are good signs.

NXT is doing well because they hired James (jl777)

And I'm gaining valuable experience. It's not like I can't figure out solutions to the problems when they crop up. I can solve any problem. But it is much more difficult to anticipate a problem that hasn't happened yet when you're building on someone else's code.

Still, I wasn't as careful as I needed to be with the fixes we had earlier in the week, because every fix I make is extremely time sensitive given the nature of the coin. Once growth is past, I'll have time to test things more vigorously, and invite people to participate in beta testing on a larger network.

This was a relatively simple fix that I was actually able to test on the main network. It resulted in an orphaned block unfortunately, but it allowed me to verify that the numbers worked as expected in an extremely short period of time.

yes but, for you to make experiments and gain valuable experience, some people lost money. And THEY should be shouting. Not I

That's why I'm working as fast as I can to fix things.

Somewhat ironically, people with more than 1 coin may have actually not staked as much as they could have if this bug was fixed, since anything over the whole amount (unless they were very close to having the next highest number of coins. So 1.9 may have staked %269 fine if it was old enough) got rounded down to nothing.

Meanwhile, those of you that have been having this problem mostly have coins broken down into smaller pieces, and while some of those pieces only got 1% - you're going to make out like bandits when they start staking correctly when the fix takes effect, and the people that staked before wont be able to stake again for 24 hours.

One thing I am going to tell you and it's really important. If you ever decide to develop another coin, make sure you first create huge awareness to people.
With what I see now, is like you opened a huge shopping mall on the top of a mountain, in a village with 30 people in the middle of nowhere and you expect to become rich.
If you do not attract people to visit, the game is lost.
Believe me, your coin may be more interesting than doge. For me doge is a stupid coin, BUT, they created public awareness and attract people.

O_o
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:44:20 PM

Hmm. If it's .99 then you need about 20 minutes of age on top of the 24 hours for it to stake properly. It's actually a little less than 20 minutes, but 20 minutes is safe. So as long as you calculate back the 24 hours, and then make sure you don't stake for 20 minutes after that today, you should be fine.

To do that accurately I need to know the time zone the wallet is on. I know it's not my timezone. Is it London Time?
hashbear

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:45:10 PM

My wallet is stuck at 10316. Anyone else?
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

Awesome!

I have smaller increments of 0.1 seed to a larger pot. But like you say, I'll wait until the bug is fixed. All good here!

I think people forget that losing money on these things is part of the game. Nothing in life is guaranteed. If I lose then it's my own shitty mistake for making a bad decision; at least you were honest about the coin being experimental.

I have faith because I see you're working hard at this! And not just giving us loads of excuses.

If the haters want to fud this so much then why don't they take their all seeing expert knowledge and mash it into making one of their own coins.

Well that's just it. I'm bound to SEED. But like someone said earlier, I fully expect people to happily fork seed off into shitcoinville so that they can play the game again. But everyone knows where it came from, just as everyone should know that I forked shadowcoin, which I make no secret of. There's some pretty awesome features that they came up with, and they're in seed as well.

Just wait til I clean them up though;) Oh wait, am I not supposed to be doing anything with SeedCoin after growth? Anyone that thinks that and dumps out after growth is going to be sorely disappointed. Once I get this transition smoothed out and am sure that everything is good I'm going to focus on that roadmap. You can likely expect that around Tuesday.

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:48:30 PM

Can you do a getblockhash 10316 in the help > debug window ?
Thanks

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Hmm. If it's .99 then you need about 20 minutes of age on top of the 24 hours for it to stake properly. It's actually a little less than 20 minutes, but 20 minutes is safe. So as long as you calculate back the 24 hours, and then make sure you don't stake for 20 minutes after that today, you should be fine.

To do that accurately I need to know the time zone the wallet is on. I know it's not my timezone. Is it London Time?

Wallets use UTC, which is currently actually an hour behind London currently - since they participate in daylight savings time.

lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:51:34 PM

I know we took a beating on the ICO but I have high hopes for Seedcoin and looking forward to my coins staking nicely...

good works devs - most people realize the devs don't have magic wands.

thanks for being so responsive in the thread and by pm.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
hashbear

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:51:52 PM

Can you do a getblockhash 10316 in the help > debug window ?
Thanks

22:49:36

getblockhash 10316

22:49:36

7c40af3676b764055e574890e902875f9694ac8c489b3fe5c6b728f80086e51f
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

Blockexplorer is on 10332
My wallet 10343
candlesticks

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:56:34 PM

How do we know what block bittrex is on? That might be a good thing to know.

Perhaps the old wallets aren't playing friendly with the newest wallets.

I'm on v1.0.4.0  on block 10344

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:58:41 PM

Awesome!

Well that's just it. I'm bound to SEED. But like someone said earlier, I fully expect people to happily fork seed off into shitcoinville so that they can play the game again. But everyone knows where it came from, just as everyone should know that I forked shadowcoin, which I make no secret of. There's some pretty awesome features that they came up with, and they're in seed as well.

Just wait til I clean them up though;) Oh wait, am I not supposed to be doing anything with SeedCoin after growth? Anyone that thinks that and dumps out after growth is going to be sorely disappointed. Once I get this transition smoothed out and am sure that everything is good I'm going to focus on that roadmap. You can likely expect that around Tuesday.

Awesome Smiley

And I can guarantee you I will still have all my SEED sitting there Wink - looking forward to what you have planned!
beefie

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:59:28 PM

Few bumps in the road along the way, but as for quick fixes on a new idea, hats of to the dev, one of the hardest workers i have seen on the alt scene and also helpful this far in, best of luck to all in SEED
If the Dev can work at 50% of what he has after the main event then this coin will be a good hold into the future.

Beef
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:00:02 PM

Awesome!

Like clockwork. Inevitable. Wow wow wow...

First of all, you DID hid the fact that you have copy/pasted Shadowcoin. You did, that is, until you were CAUGHT. How could you possibly denied it then?
So, let get the FACTS straight: You copy/pasted Shadowcoin and added the gimmick of the 269%/7 days. That's it. That's the CON you sold. Clear now?

Second of all, I asked, begged you to SPARE ME the big plans you have for the "future" of SEED... we all know them by now: You will post a roadmap and dump everything you got. Con/dev 101...

What are your friends at PINK going to do/say now? What's that I hear? crickets... crickets...
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:03:18 PM

Few bumps in the road along the way, but as for quick fixes on a new idea, hats of to the dev, one of the hardest workers i have seen on the alt scene and also helpful this far in, best of luck to all in SEED
If the Dev can work at 50% of what he has after the main event then this coin will be a good hold into the future.

Beef

+1

I'm planning to hold most of mine for the time being, though at some point I'll sell off enough to recoup my investment (I got a bit happy with the mining LOL). I'm actually hemming and hawing about whether or not I should buy some more on BitTrex and try to stake them...

Decisions, decisions!
forbesmining

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:05:04 PM

Beef

+1  Tongue

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:05:14 PM

Wallets use UTC, which is currently actually an hour behind London currently - since they participate in daylight savings time.

Thanks. I'm glad I checked because otherwise I would be an hour off. I'm going to lock my wallet until that 24 hrs and 20 minutes has passed, then unlock it again. I'll be glad when the fix gets applied and I don't have to worry about it Smiley
candlesticks

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:08:47 PM

Beef

+1

I'm planning to hold most of mine for the time being, though at some point I'll sell off enough to recoup my investment (I got a bit happy with the mining LOL). I'm actually hemming and hawing about whether or not I should buy some more on BitTrex and try to stake them...

Decisions, decisions!

I have some buy orders in, but the price is holding higher than I was expecting, considering the issues so far and the negative posts. It will be an interesting experiment regardless. Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: