Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PromoteCrypto.com  (Read 1492 times)
PromoteCrypto (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

So here is something that we've been working on for the last several days and wanted to share with some others.

We've been discussing as a team what are somethings that we can do to help promote cryptocurrency. How can we incentivize the promotion of cryptocurrency and we've been working on what we believe could be an interesting solution.

We are currently in the process of building http://PromoteCrypto.com

Let's take a look at this from the different potential viewpoints...

End Users Who Wish To Promote Cryptocurrency

1. Login to the PromoteCrypto site.
2. See several tasks to help promote cryptocurrency such as emailing a business, sharing a link on Facebook, sharing a link on Twitter, etc.
3. Complete the task and provide brief proof.
4. Task completion is approved and points are awarded.
5. End user can exchange points for various cryptocurrencies, gifts and more.

Things Enthusiasts Can Do On Site Looking To Promote Cryptocurrency

1. Commit small crypto bounties for tasks.
2. Commit small prizes to ship to those completing so many tasks.
3. Get help promoting sites, products or services that integrate crypto they may own via small bounties.

If you just want to help promote cryptocurrencies you can offer bounties, if you have a specific service you can promote it.

The overall idea is that I can visit the site and select a task to help send emails to a retailer and be rewarded for it or I can help promote a company already accepting cryptocurrency and earn for it. Perhaps, I want to earn for sharing cryptocurrency with a friend. These are all things the platform can do.

What do you think of this idea? We have been building away for the past few days and are getting close to having something to launch in beta.

We as a site take a small 1% fee to help facilitate these sort of connections to simply help us cover the expenses we anticipate of operating the site.

We've lined up a few partners after emailing some people in the community already but we are always looking for more.

So.... tell us what you think.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:32:31 AM

Nice design, but i can't register.
I have clicked the register picture but it wasn't redirect to register form.   Angry

GoldenFuture

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:58:39 AM

Site won't load for me  Huh Also, not to bash the idea at all because I like it and would register, but the design of the landing page is an out-of the box bootstrap framework that is a free open-source download and the team didn't bother to change any icons or the background image. Just pointing out that I'm seeing evidence of eager minds wanting to help but rushing into product dev without taking the time to establish a brand. I'm sure I'm not the only dev that's going to hit that page and realize the 20 minutes it took to put the page up.

Everything the OP described sounds awesome but if there's no talented dev on the project then this landing page could be a sign of either an under skilled team or a team needing a lead dev. Again, sorry if the overall message sounds negative but I'm contributing what I'm aware of from what I see here as a web dev / marketing guy. I do wish the PromoteCrypto guys luck. I hope to be able to try the site once it's ready Smiley
PromoteCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:34:04 PM

Nice design, but i can't register.
I have clicked the register picture but it wasn't redirect to register form.   Angry

We don't have the ability to register as of yet because we aren't ready for that... yet.
PromoteCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:45:09 PM

Site won't load for me  Huh Also, not to bash the idea at all because I like it and would register, but the design of the landing page is an out-of the box bootstrap framework that is a free open-source download and the team didn't bother to change any icons or the background image. Just pointing out that I'm seeing evidence of eager minds wanting to help but rushing into product dev without taking the time to establish a brand. I'm sure I'm not the only dev that's going to hit that page and realize the 20 minutes it took to put the page up.

Everything the OP described sounds awesome but if there's no talented dev on the project then this landing page could be a sign of either an under skilled team or a team needing a lead dev. Again, sorry if the overall message sounds negative but I'm contributing what I'm aware of from what I see here as a web dev / marketing guy. I do wish the PromoteCrypto guys luck. I hope to be able to try the site once it's ready Smiley

Yes, we did just rush out a landing page because we wanted to discuss the merits of the idea at the moment before we get things going and make sure that it makes sense to others.

We did just use a Bootstrap template to help illustrate the idea for the moment as we are more focused on the actual development behind the scenes and making sure this is something that is even worth our time.

We do have two developers plugging away on this idea at the moment but both wanted us to make sure that people understand what we are doing before we go live with it.

We had figured the icons each fit what we were trying to communicate Wink

Thanks for the wishes of luck. We do appreciate them! Smiley
popshot

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:05:41 PM

I like the idea. If you pulled this well it would off load many coin devs with the bounties.
I would suggest having some custom themed web pages for different coins (or ability to custom theme them to their liking). Having it unvaried could emotionally detach coin users from the coin they support.
I can imagine people  really quickly becoming promo-bots.

Overall I can see some bussiness there.

PromoteCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:08:26 PM

I like the idea. If you pulled this well it would off load many coin devs with the bounties.
I would suggest having some custom themed web pages for different coins (or ability to custom theme them to their liking). Having it unvaried could emotionally detach coin users from the coin they support.
I can imagine people  really quickly becoming promo-bots.

Overall I can see some bussiness there.

Great ideas on offering that sort of bounties and allowing those placing them to have themed pages.

Really, really, really great idea as a matter of fact!

We've been playing around with a lot of ideas the past week on different things we want to try. The plan is to offer a closed beta in the near future.
PromoteCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

Here is a story that was written about what we are doing along with a small peek at what is starting to shape up to be: http://coinfire.cf/2014/09/22/bounties-promoting-crypto/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: