Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why those useless bitcoin hardfork every months...  (Read 556 times)
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:15:51 AM

Hard forks are any alterations to the bicoin blockchain. I think that they are efforts to improve bitcoin protocol. More alt currencies will ariae which will either enhance bitcoin or override bitcoin. Some people like hard forks for the sake of free bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ponicita

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:46:38 AM

They are not useless, at least not for me
They represent free money Tongue
I sold my free bitcoin cash as soon as I could
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:57:31 AM

Fork is not useless,it just propose a new change for bitcoin by making a new coin
But it depends on the support o the new coin,if people doesn't support it,it will become a shit coin and people move on with the new fork
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:58:43 AM

Yeah, these forks doesn't fix anything, but the people behind these forks try hard to mask their personal gain agenda, by portraying that they are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist, a hypothetical problem. With Bitcoin Cash it was the increased blocksize. With Bitcoin Gold, it's asic resistant algo to completely decentralize the mining process. Is GPU mining going to be less centralized than the current Bitcoin mining? No.

So in short, these forks are just trying to create money out of thin air, free money and hoping being a Bitcoin fork or marketing it as another Bitcoin they would be able to create a psychological impact on the market to ensure their altcoin gets instant valuation in a competitive crypto market.
,that was what i am wondering also, to think that it is not wiser and could even help bitcoin to its improvement, i don't think so but well i guess maybe its their purpose, while some are taking advantage to this forks they have been waiting for.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:00:59 AM

I totally agree, the forking is not good for bitcoin and to be honest I dont know what is the usage the forking, there are still a lot of people using bitcoin and not pay any attention to bitcoincash and now another forking will happened again, I think it is only going to destroy bitcoin reputation
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:36:39 AM

It feels like those hardfork are only there for the money, for those whales...

While there may be a power struggle in some cases, I don't think that should be it. It's mostly in hands of few whales either way, no?

That said, it shouldn't surprise if greed was one of the major drivers behind it. Just human things.
nkarm1

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:41:35 PM

We all know that hard fork must be done when there is a problem, or something like serious issue must be solved. And right now I think the past activities aren't done for some personal agendas which is somehow others are thinking. Those hard forks are meant for something! We must accept that right now bitcoin fees are so high and the difficulty is super hard to mine. They may not fixed the old path, but they are introducing an another path which is greater man. So it's really up to us if we want to go with the old path, or with the upgraded one. We always have the choice to pick one. Or better, pick both of them! Specially the new one which is free. So that's it, if you don't want to become irritated about forks, go away. Come back when fork is done and just ignore the free coins that this opportunity is offering you because you might get irritated again.  Wink
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:32:43 PM

Why those useless forkcoins? Because people want to make some money buying and selling their bitcoins, but that's a lame waste of time. If you can get paid in it that's so much better.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:38:04 PM

I totally agree, the forking is not good for bitcoin and to be honest I dont know what is the usage the forking, there are still a lot of people using bitcoin and not pay any attention to bitcoincash and now another forking will happened again, I think it is only going to destroy bitcoin reputation
People are now giving no interest to hardfork, in fact they are now do not care about hardfork, but continue to trade bitcoin in their normal routin. In previous fork people were not so much clear about fork and there was uncertanity in the market, but this time people are more confident and they are not going to sell their bitcoin but even trying to buy more bitcoin for the price increase.
zollyharvan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:23:22 AM

Bitcoin is made slightly different from meth, so it can not only fork for bitcoin and ask the community or mining to determine the yield of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: