Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:30:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Fine Slaughter Mountain, Arizona (USA) fire agate 11.42cts  (Read 1201 times)
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 09:18:43 PM

Fine Slaughter Mountain, Arizona (USA) fire agate 11.42cts

This is a superb fire agate cabochon that was mined at Slaughter Mountain, Arizona, USA. My cutter here in Thailand finished a number of these cabochons and I have very few left that are this large and this high-quality. Most of the great pieces went to dealers at the 2010 Tucson show but I had a few tucked away in Ohio and this is from that stock. This is very hard material (7+) that will wear fine in a ring, bracelet, or of course a pendant. The botryoidal structure (like a cluster of grapes) is produced by the bubbling silica and the colors are caused by layers of iron oxide deposited as it cooled.

This beautiful gemstone weighs 11.42 carats and measures 13 x 10.93 x 4.21mm deep.

This fire agate comes from Slaughter Mountain, Arizona which is located on the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation. Only members of the tribe are permitted to mine here which makes it very special. Also no heavy machinery is allowed and essentially all of the stones are mined by hand.

http://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2063-fine-slaughter-mountain-arizona-usa-fire-agate-11-42cts/description

I only make promo for this item. I am not the seller.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: