Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:22:44 PM

Please Read:

We are selling pre-orders on a production unit that only exists in prototype form, if you do not feel comfortable with this in any way please do not order from us until the production units are ready.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:24:08 PM

Thousands of ppl gave their money hand over fist to BFL in nonrefundable BTC when they didn't have a prototype.  I think BTCFPGA's product should be held to the same.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:24:21 PM

Please clarify the prices on your site  Huh

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:24:40 PM

it is absolutely ridiculous and asinine to try and bully someone into revealing photos and video of a prototype in a market such as this. I am sure BFL does have a prototype, if they do not have a prototype there is no way in hell they will be shipping anything in November.

I do not know for what reason I would make this up, I have never scammed or done wrong to anyone on this forum ever, I delivered on the ModMiner quad and I will deliver on this, if for whatever reason you think I am making this up please by all means do not buy it. I will not be bullied into doing something I do not feel comfortable doing.

Hi Tom,

I have simply asked for a video since YOU have stated that you have a prototype. If BFL said they had a prototype, I would ask for the same proof. Please tell me, how I am being a bully by asking for proof?

Your reaction to my request makes me believe that you probably do not have a prototype and probably only have a software simulation.

Please prove me wrong.

Best,
gigavps
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:25:15 PM

Please clarify the prices on your site  Huh

yes this is the final price, sorry
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:27:30 PM

it is absolutely ridiculous and asinine to try and bully someone into revealing photos and video of a prototype in a market such as this. I am sure BFL does have a prototype, if they do not have a prototype there is no way in hell they will be shipping anything in November.

I do not know for what reason I would make this up, I have never scammed or done wrong to anyone on this forum ever, I delivered on the ModMiner quad and I will deliver on this, if for whatever reason you think I am making this up please by all means do not buy it. I will not be bullied into doing something I do not feel comfortable doing.

Hi Tom,

I have simply asked for a video since YOU have stated that you have a prototype. Please tell me, how I am being a bully by asking for proof?

Your reaction to my request makes me believe that you probably do not have a prototype and probably only have a software simulation.

Please prove me wrong.

Best,
gigavps

C'mon James

enough with the show already man

you know damn well you are only doing this because of the past we have

He hates me and I hate him, we have never gotten along

If this were someone else you would not be doing this.

You have my official statement on the matter, and its not going to change. You posted your question and I gave you a response, if you continue to harass me I will report this to the staff

thank you.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:31:19 PM

C'mon James

You have my official statement on the matter, and its not going to change. You posted your question and I gave you a response, if you continue to harass me I will report this to the staff

thank you.

Hi Tom,

I certainly do not hate you. I'm sorry that you have room in your heart to hate me.

If you would like to report my posts for asking you to back up your claims, be my guest.

So, since you are unwilling to back up your claims with proof, you statements cannot be taken seriously.

Peace & Love,
gigavps
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

C'mon James

thank you.

Hi Tom,

I certainly do not hate you. I'm sorry that you have room in your heart to hate me.

If you would like to report my posts for asking you to back up your claims, be my guest.

So, since you are unwilling to back up your claims with proof, you statements cannot be taken seriously.

Peace & Love,
gigavps

c'mon, it's not like BFL have presented loads of evidence to back up their ASIC figures.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:37:14 PM

c'mon, it's not like BFL have presented loads of evidence to back up their ASIC figures.

Hi Shadow383,

And they have never CLAIMED to. Tom, on the other hand, has made this claim. I'm making a super simple request to back up his public claim.

If BFL made this claim, I would do the same.

Best,
gigavps
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:43:49 PM

And they have never CLAIMED to.
What did they never claim? They are claiming to deliver x GH/s at y Watts.
Nothing else is claimed by cablepair.

Both have a history of delivering FPGA-based products.

If you are trusting BFL, why don't you trust cablepair? I really don't see a reason why you shouldn't.
(If I had to choose, I would certainly not believe BFL because many people who *do* have experience in this field say their claims aren't realistic.)

Disclaimer: I never bought any products from BFL or cablepair.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:47:44 PM

x
Nothing else is claimed by cablepair.

Tom has stated that he has a working prototype. When BFL was making the single, they let Inaba come by with his video camera and show that it was working, although not up to the speeds originally announced.

Tom, please take out your video camera and make a video of this working prototype.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:55:03 PM

Tom has stated that he has a working prototype. When BFL was making the single, they let Inaba come by with his video camera and show that it was working, although not up to the speeds originally announced.

Ahm... How many months after they took their first preorders?

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:57:00 PM

I am sorry for the controversy.

anyways here are some more specific details for those who are interested on how BTCFPGA produced our first 4th gen prototype

Like the ModMiner quad I leased the design from someone else. Also like the ModMiner quad this project is being partially funded by lenders in the Bitcointalk lending syndicate. We contracted a well known overseas company to provide us with a SHA256 hashing core that could be applied to Bitcoin mining, this company is one of the top design firms in the world when it comes to SHA256 IP cores. We leased what is called an RTL design which allows us to use any target ASIC process technology of our choice, once we had the core design we spent some money to have some made (this took some time) and turned those over to the hardware development team. We have two guys which I have no problem admitting are much smarter than I am who have come up with a working development board using multiple instances of the hashing core I indicated above. They have a very very (did I mention very?) primitive hacked together mining program that is being used to test, testing has been going on for about 2 weeks now with positive enough results that encouraged me to go public with our next generation of Bitcoin mining product. The hardware guys are still working on finalizing the pcb board design and there is a lot of firmware and software work that needs to be completed.

A lot of people are asking about specific details about the chips and also about power usage, and the only reason I am at all reluctant to answer these questions is because I dont want to say something now and be wrong about or have it change.

I will ask my hardware guys to make a detailed spec sheet of the chip and of estimated power draw from the production board and I will post it as soon as possible.

Again please note I am taking pre-orders on a prototype that is slated to become the production model for the bASIC mining device. At this time it is only a prototype, I will not be showing any video/photo proof until we have a finalized production model if this makes you feel uncomfortable at all please do not make a pre-order purchase until the production model is complete and posted as so on our web site.

Thank you for your interest in the ModMiner Quad / bASIC High Efficiency Bitcoin Mining Units.

ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:58:16 PM

I really don't understand how you can have faith in BFL, who are making highly doubtful claims, but are not believing a single word of what cablepair says. Really, if he never talked about having a prototype you would believe him?! But because he says he has one he has to show it?! Why? You don't get a single piece of information from BFL, yet you are ordering products from them.

Do you know more than "we" do? How can you be so sure that BFL will deliver what was promised? How can you say that cablepair claims "cannot be taken seriously" - ONLY because he does not want reveal the prototype? That's the ONLY reason? Or is it more like you don't think he is capable of doing something like this?

Even if it I may sound this way, I'm not affiliated with cablepair. I just don't get why you are HIGHLY sceptical of what cablepair is doing - but seem to have blind faith in BFL.
Sorry, but to me it looks like you are massively biased towards BFL. (Well, I guess you are one of their best customers.)

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 11:03:37 PM

the TRUTH is this.

Gigavps and I have been arguing since spring of last year, he has gone out of his way to make me look bad time and time again - he can say whatever he wants but he knows the truth. He does not like me and he knows it.

The other truth is there are several people on this forum that have known I have been working on an ASIC Bitcoin mining device as far back as May or June...

I have to go get dinner for the kids, the situation is pretty straight forward.

I manufacture and sell Bitcoin Mining devices, we believe we have a prototype that will compete with BFL, we are taking pre-orders on what will become our new production model and flag ship product, if for whatever reason you think I am making this up please just don't buy it.

Thank you,

bbl
-Tom
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 11:08:11 PM

I really don't understand how you can have faith in BFL, who are making highly doubtful claims, but are not believing a single word of what cablepair says. Really, if he never talked about having a prototype you would believe him?! But because he says he has one he has to show it?! Why? You don't get a single piece of information from BFL, yet you are ordering products from them.

+1 imaginary friggin' big number Smiley

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Sp0tter

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:16:13 PM

the TRUTH is this.

Gigavps and I have been arguing since spring of last year, he has gone out of his way to make me look bad time and time again -

Listen...   you said you had a working prototype..   asking for some proof is not in any way picking on your or making you look bad (unless you are lying).   Maybe if you could give some specific reasons why you will not just show proof that you have to back up your claim....  it seems so simple to me...   if you have a prototype mining, take a video..  I can suggest some video solutions for both windows and linux if you need help.    How about you tell me people the watts used by the prototype if it exists and they want to know.. what can it hurt?   This info will ONLY MAKE YOU MORE MONEY...

While I think it is really shady to be taking pre-orders this early and tie up peoples money (at 1% a week from the regular lenders, that's an extra bit of change) for all that time with no release date...  but I bet a lot of people will order anyway if you just provide this basic proof requested..

P.s.  I am not in gigavps or BFL's camp at all... which is well known.

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:18:51 PM

Do you know more than "we" do? How can you be so sure that BFL will deliver what was promised? How can you say that cablepair claims "cannot be taken seriously" - ONLY because he does not want reveal the prototype? That's the ONLY reason? Or is it more like you don't think he is capable of doing something like this?

Even if it I may sound this way, I'm not affiliated with cablepair. I just don't get why you are HIGHLY sceptical of what cablepair is doing - but seem to have blind faith in BFL.
Sorry, but to me it looks like you are massively biased towards BFL. (Well, I guess you are one of their best customers.)

I have over $80k in equipment running right now from BFL. They have delivered. BIG. This is why I tend to believe BFL.

Admittedly, I have never bought one of the mod miners. This is why, when Tom claimed to have a prototype, I simply asked that he give us a little taste. His reaction to my request was quite hostile though and very unprofessional.

This is the only reason that I believe Tom would have something to hide.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:22:55 PM

I am in agreement Tom. If you happen to be on par with BFL with ASICs then show you are the better solution by providing the info that BFL would not dare to.

We are not saying you have to show all your secrets, just tantalize us with a little show.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:25:15 PM

just tantalize us with a little show

That's all I'm sayin.  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: